• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

simples

Banned
then Belichik and Brady will move on.

wow. this is a straight clown show now

if this is an indication of how peoples football brains work outside of the northeast, no wonder we shit on the rest of the country for an entire decade.

time for the greatest coach of all time who singlehandedly turned a franchise around from being at jags levels to "move on"

worry about your own 8-8 teams please.
don't give Vikings level suggestions to us, thanks

TheFatOne

The Patriots.

Yeah, and if that's true then there is literally zero reason to move on from Brady. He isn't insanely expensive and you have no better (real or perceived) option. But if they don't get someone in that role soon they are moronic.
I think the next few weeks will be telling. If I see some Mallet articles by the Pats writers it could be an indication that the Pats are moving away from Brady. Pats for the most part have these writers in the bag. Will be an interesting thing to keep your eye on as the draft draws near.

eznark

Banned
I think the next few weeks will be telling. If I see some Mallet articles by the Pats writers it could be an indication that the Pats are moving away from Brady. Pats for the most part have these writers in the bag. Will be an interesting thing to keep your eye on as the draft draws near.

All of Boston media is in the bag for the organizations. You make a good point though. With these controversial decisions the teams in Boston always use their media pawns to build the narrative weeks in advance.

TheFatOne

I'm rooting for the Seahawks because of Richard Sherman. Pats forum is salty as fuck because of him. Anytime he says anything about the Pats the board explodes.
All of Boston media is in the bag for the organizations. You make a good point though. With these controversial decisions the teams in Boston always use their media pawns to build the narrative weeks in advance.

For the most part that's true except for the Bruins. Generally the Bruins writers/talk show host will call them out on their bullshit. That's the Pats/Red Sox mo. Every fucking time to like clock work. You'll quickly hear about his diminishing skill, and problems in practice or some bullshit.

Caja 117

Yeah it was. It was also a worse season than 2010. I didn't say he has been bad for 4 years.

How so? He had way less attemps that 2010 season, so you cant say that season was better (or worst), so yeah, it is incorrect to say he gotten PROGRESSIVELY WORST the last 4 years.

Patriots7

Can they win the AFC East with him? Of course. Can they win the Super Bowl with him? Are they a good enough team that they can overcome another decline in his performance?

I don't think so. Time to make the hard decision, like our hero Ted Thompson did.
A decline in his performance?
If you really think this year is a clear example of Tom Brady's performance declining due to age, you are absolutely ridiculous.

Belichick has been hiding Brady all season. He knows he can't get it done anymore. Brady faltered with the ball in his hands against the Panthers and Dolphins. Those are games the Pats win just a season ago.

Dutch will be mad since this is coming from me, but I absolutely think the Patriots start looking for a QB this offseason.
He faltered?
What the hell?

Tom Brady led near game winning drives in both of those games. The Panthers game was won due to Kuechly straight up mauling Gronkowski. The Dolphins game was a drop from Amendola/Edelman (I can't remember which one it was on first down who couldn't hold on to the ball) from the Pats winning and being the number 1 seed.

He would have made those plays last season? Well last season he likely would have had Hernandez and Welker in those situations, possibly in addition to Gronk, so it would have been a different game to begin with.

But what about the loss in the AFCCG last year, during the season Tom would "have won those games"

ibmZbQzzp045YF.gif
It was raining extremely hard.

I cant believe the Cheat called the Wes hit on Talib the worst play he has ever seen. Way more dirty plays then that happen every single year. He must really hate Wes to come out and say something like that.

eznark

Banned
How so? He had way less attemps that 2010 season, so you cant say that season was better (or worst), so yeah, it is incorrect to say he gotten PROGRESSIVELY WORST the last 4 years.

In 2010 he threw a touchdown on 7.3% of his passes. He threw a pick on 0.8% of his passes (his best in that number of his career). Those numbers are both worse in 2011. In fact his TD/attempt has declined precipitously (and yes, progressively!) over those four years.

Looking at his FR page now and yeah, the stats back up that he has gotten progressively worse in each season since 2010. In no seasons was he ever bad but he did reach pretty pedestrian status in 2013. Maybe he'll find the fountain of youth and reverse the aging process in 2014!

simples

Banned
Maybe he'll find the fountain of youth and reverse the aging process in 2014!
or maybe he won't have a receiving corp of Dobson, thomkins and humanawooyuyu for 60% of the season

the 4/5 game we had gronk, 1 fucking tight end, we were league leaders in the red zone and shitting down mannings throat like usual. you were too busy watching Seneca Wallace and shitting your own pants from the fear of the bears back up QB to notice

Hammer24

Banned
time for the greatest coach of all time who singlehandedly turned a franchise around from being at jags levels to "move on"

I did not say that he should move on, but that I think he will.

Look at how long he coached, and as you pointed out, at what he has accomplished. Now after losses in the big games you can´t tell me he´s not going to start thinking about what his legacy is going to be.

squicken

I cant believe the Cheat called the Wes hit on Talib the worst play he has ever seen. Way more dirty plays then that happen every single year. He must really hate Wes to come out and say something like that.

Someone made the point that Belichick does this so it's a mini-controversy that people talk about instead of looking at hard issues his team will face in the coming week/offseason. New England really does lack talent in a lot of areas. Can't rely on Gronk anymore. In one year they lost Gronk and Hernandez; two guys with team friendly deals in their primes. Hard to over-state those losses

Fantomex

ez narks so shit scared of Brady after watching him take a bunch of homeless people off the street and carry them to the afccg

he now wants the pats to cut him to avoid the goat and celebrate with bionic. that's the only way cowardly franchises with glass jaw qbs can compete with us

unlike ungrateful sconnies who turn on their legends, we cherish ours. Brady will get an ovation like Bledsoe and vinatieri when it's time. patriots don't do Favre esque circus'

What legends have the Patriots ever had?

Godslay

Banned
Eye for an eye. Edelman targeted DRC in the same fashion on the previous drive, and Welker put a lick on Talib.

Can't even call the play dirty or OPI since the ball was basically in Thomas' hands, so it turns into a block. Sounds like sour grapes from BB. Whatever though, back to work! Have a good day.

eznark

Banned
or maybe he won't have a receiving corp of Dobson, thomkins and humanawooyuyu for 60% of the season

the 4/5 game we had gronk, 1 fucking tight end, we were league leaders in the red zone and shitting down mannings throat like usual. you were too busy watching Seneca Wallace and shitting your own pants from the bears back up QB to notice

Maybe, but what makes you think Gronk will be available for any prolonged period of time?

jbug617

Banned
Someone made the point that Belichick does this so it's a mini-controversy that people talk about instead of looking at hard issues his team will face in the coming week/offseason. New England really does lack talent in a lot of areas. Can't rely on Gronk anymore. In one year they lost Gronk and Hernandez; two guys with team friendly deals in their primes. Hard to over-state those losses

Talib is also a free agent maybe taking up for him might help in negotations.

Caja 117

In 2010 he threw a touchdown on 7.3% of his passes. He threw a pick on 0.8% of his passes (his best in that number of his career). Those numbers are both worse in 2011. In fact his TD/attempt has declined precipitously (and yes, progressively!) over those four years.

He had less Attemps in 2010, there is no way you could tell if his numbers that season would had been better if he had the same amount of attemps than the 2011 season. and the next 2 season you see a decline in the TD ratio when his number 1 redzone target have only played 18 games out of 32 games the past 2 years.

eznark

Banned
He had less Attemps in 2010, there is no way you could tell if his numbers that season would had been better if he had the same amount of attemps than the 2011 season. and the next 2 season you see a decline in the TD ratio when his number 1 redzone target have only played 18 games out of 32 games the past 2 years.

I'm not sure you understand how percentages work.

Those two guys were the biggest loss to the Patriots, forget all the low level trench guys that went down.

The Pats will draft a QB in the next two years, if either someone drops to them this year or if their hand is forced next year with an unwillingness to sign Mallett.

This year they did show good signs of diversifying their attack, whether as a result of Brady's decline, lack of available weapons, or whatever. There are some good/decent skill players in place but need better depth. I mean, the spread ended up being Edelman, Amendola, Collie, Dobson, Vereen. No real big target to suck defenders away, which would've been Gronk's role. They'll have to draft a TE in the first round.

I'm rooting for the Seahawks because of Richard Sherman. Pats forum is salty as fuck because of him. Anytime he says anything about the Pats the board explodes.

My Facebook feed blew up just like that for Sherman. Him and Russell do make it easy to root for the Seahawks despite Pete Carroll.

Caja 117

I'm not sure you understand how percentages work.
I do, and its beside the point, The more he tries the more he is likely to get picked off, you cant use percentage for probability and just assume they are facts. base on the numbers there was a probability of him having a better statitical record than the 2011 season, keyword PROBABILITY. Do you know how probability works?

Case in point you dont know i he was going to get picked off more or/and have his TD ratio decline based on his Passing attempts. have you ever heard the law of numbers in sports, and how they allways even out sooner or later?

eznark

Banned
I do, and its beside the point, The more he tries the more he is likely to get picked off, you cant use percentage for probability and just assume they are facts. base on the numbers there was a probability of him having a better statitical record than the 2011 season, keyword PROBABILITY. Do you know how probability works?

Case in point you dont know i he was going to get picked off more or/and have his TD ratio decline based on his Passing attempts. have you ever heard the law of numbers in sports, and how they allways even out sooner or later?

Which is why it's pointless to compare raw numbers and percentages are useful. Good lord, man.

What's your excuse for his plummeting TD rate despite almost identical attempts in 11-13?

simples

Banned
Maybe, but what makes you think Gronk will be available for any prolonged period of time?
who knows in this classless league

you have inbred low lifes like welker taking out defenders that shut his team down and expose his QB, druggies like Payton putting on bounties and kaepernick level thugs on the browns and dolphins going for people's knees when they know they can't beat you

you should know after watching your insurance commercial star getting carried off what 3? 4? seasons now?

BigAT

The Patriots went 12-4 and could have went 14-2 went an aging Brady. Get him more weapons and he will play better.

Oh boy, the "could have" game, the best and most objective way to evaluate! The Patriots could have went 6-10. They beat the Bills by 2, the Jets by 3, the Texans by 3 and the Browns by 1. All awful teams. They had two other wins by just 3 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom