• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radio out here really seems to think the Niners are going to win. It's kind of adorable.

All Pats and Niner hate aside, I'd much rather see Peyton vs Seattle Secondary than any other matchup.

Hunter S.

satan.gif

No matter how what you say may be true. Bill likes to sacrifice virgins to evil incarnate before each game. Drinking there blood and tasking their spirit. A dark mutha fucker this one is.

Welcome aboard Mech, glad to see you join the squad this late in the game.

In other news, I was just reading something about how a coin landing on heads 6 or 7 times in row really isn't that rare. Numbers are interesting things really. All out of our hands at this point.

Godslay

Banned
I think the Broncos match up better against great defenses. Just look how KC could never keep up with them. NFC better be hoping the Patriots win.

I've thought about the remaining defenses left in the playoffs. They all will be tough. Really. With Seattle you have a good DL, matched with an excellent secondary. With SF you have an excellent front 7 and an okay secondary. Pats are actually playing pretty well as a unit, which is very important. I'm not going to say that we will have our way with them. It'll be tough no matter the opponent. Just hope for great execution, is all we can do.

So since Harris is out, who is playing in his spot?

I think this game will be decided by who has the more consistent run game throughout.

Sounds like Champ is outside (filling in for Harris), Carter/Webster in the slot potentially. They aren't exactly laying it out yet, but that would be my guess. Some are tossing out DRC on Edelman, but that's a bad idea imo. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Flipping a coin isn't actually 50/50 apparently, only sure things in the universe are death, taxes and Brady has a gaping vagina.

Odds of flipping a coin and it landing on heads 7 times in a row is 127-1. Rare, but doable.

rando14

Radio out here really seems to think the Niners are going to win. It's kind of adorable.

All Pats and Niner hate aside, I'd much rather see Peyton vs Seattle Secondary than any other matchup.

Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless chose the Niners to win this weekend!!

We're toast :(

rokkerkory

It's all going to be about running and stopping the run in the last 3 games. Running is keyyyyyyyyyyyyy I don't care what people say.

If Gore has a big day, game over for Hawks and vice versa for BeastMode.

Spinluck

Sounds like Champ is outside (filling in for Harris), Carter/Webster in the slot potentially. They aren't exactly laying it out yet, but that would be my guess. Some are tossing out DRC on Edelman, but that's a bad idea imo. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

That's not bad. Hmm, why don't you like RC on Edelman? I remember him playing well last game before he got hurt. Not sure who he was on primarily though.

And Bucket, if you want ugly logos, look no further than the old Ravens bird.
That isn't the best logo but it isn't bad either. At least it's a Raven.

Spiky/asymmetrical text with a soft gradient has nothing to do with "Patriots".
It doesn't match anything in the organization.

All this to say... ITS A FUCKING ABORTION.

How are people paid for this shit?

Spinluck

I think their base is 3-4.

Seattle operates out of a base 4-3.

Pats 4-3 as well.

I'm sure they are hybrids like everything else though.

From what I understand 3-4s give Peyton more trouble than 4-3s.

Yea, that's why I wasn't sure. I feel like I've seen a lot of defenses run this hybrid style D.

And yea, most of Peyton's troubles come more from the 3-4. Just watch any game of him playing against a Romeo Crennel coached team. Stop the run early, rush 3, drop 8 back.

It was fucking hard to watch, pretty sure Peyton gave up on trying to figure out Crennel's defenses.

I think their base is 3-4.

Seattle operates out of a base 4-3.

Pats 4-3 as well.

I'm sure they are hybrids like everything else though.

From what I understand 3-4s give Peyton more trouble than 4-3s.

Pats personnel makes them a 4-3 team now. They were more of a hybrid, but when they lost Wilfork they had to make changes, no DT is as dominant as he is in the 3-4. They still run a 3-4 though, with Jones at DE and Collins/Hightower and Nink at OLB, but not as much as they did at the start of the season.

I would like Jones to bulk up a bit and play the Richard Seymour role next to Vince next year and have them draft another DE. That way you can have Collins on the field full time with him rushing the passer more.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
We run a 4-3 Under defense. Here's a Grantland article on how Pete developed it over his coaching career.

http://grantland.com/features/whos-laughing-now/
Better writeups:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/1/4787546/the-seahawks-and-multiple-defensive-fronts
http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-...efense-pete-carroll-leo-and-5-tech/in/4102067

Put far more succinctly: 4-3 scheme with 3-4 personnel. Weakside DE is a hybrid DE/OLB called the "Leo". Strongside DE is a two-gap run support lineman, which as the Grantland article notes is heftier than the two DTs. Various packages also exist, of course.

Godslay

Banned
That's not bad. Hmm, why don't you like RC on Edelman? I remember him playing well last game before he got hurt. Not sure who he was on primarily though.

I've read that he's terrible in the slot. Just leave him on the outside to do his thing. I think Carter/Webster can get the job done, but they won't come close to shutting him down. He's going to get catches, they just need to reduce his YAC via good tackles.

Maybe the Broncos will put him on Edelman though, as he has the speed to cover him. I don't really know. Edelman is so shifty and has such great game speed, he's a tough cover for anyone really.

Have a good day guys, back to work for me!

Tom Penny

Pats Broncos will come down to Redzone offense. I don't see either team having a ton of trouble moving the ball. Denver has considerably more skill players to use in that area for miss matches though.

simples

Banned
Did your dad's card get declined? Or did he take it away from you?

check your ea account linked email friend

if you have one i will pay you more money than you have ever seen at the same time. it will be your life time supply of taco bell

MRSA

Banned
check your ea account linked email friend

if you have one i will pay you more money than you have ever seen at the same time. it will be your life time supply of taco bell

I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't believe you mother goose.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think I now have to watch the game at my elderly Chinese father-in-law's house. So I gots to be dry and quiet.

Not sure if this was posted but Chris Brown has a nice, relatively simple, break down of the Seahawks defensive philosophy:

http://grantland.com/features/whos-laughing-now/

He also briefly refutes the WSJ blog post or whatever about how the Seahawks are simply daring officials to call PI every play.
This is good stuff. I'd forgotten he dc'd that niners d in 95/96. May have to revise my Pete Carroll = total clown manifesto!

He's still a clown, but he knows his defense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom