• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Said this the other day, but Watkins caught as many passes downfield as Benjamin, he just caught so many more passes, mostly screens, that the ratio is so skewed. I need to watch more, but to me, he's just as aggressive in attacking and high pointing deep balls as Nuk was. If anything, I think Watkins has a competitiveness advantage over Nuk as far as "this is my ball and I'm going to go get it"

Watkins is a top 5 guy unless something happens as far as testing/character/medical

That damn "screen/shovel" pass. Clemson ran that 50% of the time against OSUn. Surprised that I don't see other teams run it, as it's an incompletion if he bobbles the ball, instead of a fumble.

cdyhybrid

Deac, even though I'm the card carrying "hate on Clemson guy" of sports-GAF, that's unfair to Watkins. The guy fights and wins for balls in that AJ Green, Julio Jones sort of way. He's a straight-up beast.

It's painful for me to say positive things about someone from Clemson.

Is this because Clemson has a rivalry with your Yellow Jackets?

So if Harvin wasn`t out like he`s been most of his career Bush wouldn`t have been fined? :jnc NFL.

Let them play football.

I hope NFL teams start covering some of there defenders fines cause its ridiculous how inconsistent the NFL is with what defenders are getting fined for.

I don't think he's saying there's a connection between the two. Just that the news came out at around the same time.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You're thinking of Sidney Rice.

Uh no? Definitely thinking of the guy who had 1 catch for 17 yards for the entire season.

Seahawks fans make the guy out to be like hes Megatron. He's never had 1000 receiving yards in a single season. Even when he was healthy he wasn't worth what they paid to get him.

And theres a decent shot hes a cap casualty in the offseason.

cdyhybrid

Uh no? Definitely thinking of the guy who had 1 catch for 17 yards for the entire season.

Seahawks fans make the guy out to be like hes Megatron. He's never had 1000 receiving yards in a single season. Even when he was healthy he wasn't worth what they paid to get him.

There is no chance, unless his career ends. He has the offseason to get back to 100%, and if he's hurt all next season, THEN he's probably gone. They aren't going to spend that much on him and throw him away after 1 season.

And he hasn't played all year and he would still be our best receiver. What does that tell you?

Welp, I'm rooting for the Niners.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 48s
With the news Percy Harvin is out…#Saints S Rafael Bush was fined $21,000 for the hit, a shoulder to the head area of defenseless player

Clean hit guys!

I don't necessarily disagree that it was a dirty hit, but using an NFL fine as your argument is flimsy at best. The NFL is terribly inconsistent on what they fine and how they proportion penalties to the crimes.

His value isn't solely in receiving yards. He also returns kicks and takes the ball on designed runs.

He's also arguably the best guy in the NFL after the catch. He's multidimensional.

Interesting stats. I didn`t like seeing Mike Evans sulk at his bowl game but learning under Megatron he`ll be fine.

Any "character" concerns with any of the other WRs? I heard Watkins got arrested for weed when he was 19 or so but thats not a big deal.

Yea he seems like a great teacher. How's Titus Young doing again?

rokkerkory

There is no chance, unless his career ends. He has the offseason to get back to 100%, and if he's hurt all next season, THEN he's probably gone. They aren't going to spend that much on him and throw him away after 1 season.

And he hasn't played all year and he would still be our best receiver. What does that tell you?

Hawks has some pretty good receivers already... Kearse, Baldwin, Tate, and to some extent Miller. They have decent weapons... if Rice or Harvin can recover and become big time, their offense would be amazing.

Add that Lynch can catch as well.

cdyhybrid

Welp, I'm rooting for the Niners.

I don't necessarily disagree that it was a dirty hit, but using an NFL fine as your argument is flimsy at best. The NFL is terribly inconsistent on what they fine and how they proportion penalties to the crimes.

Oh, I know. I'm just saying.

Hawks has some pretty good receivers already... Kearse, Baldwin, Tate, and to some extent Miller. They have decent weapons... if Rice or Harvin can recover and become big time, their offense would be amazing.

Add that Lynch can catch as well.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love our receivers. But Percy can do things that they can't.

So what? He's a weapon for the 1 game a year he's healthy. Why wouldn't him playing in a playoff game be a big deal?

It's not like they get their money back if he doesn't play. Maybe then I'd see your point.

Deac, even though I'm the card carrying "hate on Clemson guy" of sports-GAF, that's unfair to Watkins. The guy fights and wins for balls in that AJ Green, Julio Jones sort of way. He's a straight-up beast.

It's painful for me to say positive things about someone from Clemson.

Good to hear. I was worried that he was eating off of lower skilled guys.

That said throwing him the screen is a no brainer since the dude was 1 1/2 times the size of the biggest defender.

cdyhybrid

4 catches this season. He ain't the best at shit.

Those 4 catches and that kick return though...

XRWT2Aj.gif

squicken

That damn "screen/shovel" pass. Clemson ran that 50% of the time against OSUn. Surprised that I don't see other teams run it, as it's an incompletion if he bobbles the ball, instead of a fumble.

First time I saw it was with WVU and Austin and Bailey. As far as the NFL, it's so rare to see a reverse or end around work, I'm not sure if that little pop pass would get much use

squicken

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
From my notes on today's NFL Insiders (from various NFL execs): Draft rounds for Jeff Mathews: 5-7; Garoppolo: 4-5.
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
Also, lack of size is going to be a factor for some teams in regard to Teddy Bridgewater. Some people think he'll measure closer to 6-1.

cdyhybrid

I wonder if they would cut him? Rolling over that $11m might make it more likely they can keep both Sherman and Earl Thomas

I'm not good with cap things: would cutting him count against our cap next season or would it just be money out of pocket?

If it's the latter, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea (still would rather try and keep him at least 1 more season, though) - Paul Allen can afford it.

I wonder if they would cut him? Rolling over that $11m might make it more likely they can keep both Sherman and Earl Thomas

Oh he's gone once they safely avoid that provision. He played 1 game the regular season, 2 games all season. Despite what Seahawks homers believe, no player is good enough to keep for that kind of production.

Oh he's gone once they safely avoid that provision. He played 1 game the regular season, 2 games all season. Despite what Seahawks homers believe, no player is good enough to keep for that kind of production.
Hard to cut your losses after one year though.

I'd imagine they'll hold on to him for next year, and if he can't get his ass on the field then... see you later.

Actually, probably even if he can play next year they'll jettison him after the 2014 season's over.

I'm not good with cap things: would cutting him count against our cap next season or would it just be money out of pocket?

If it's the latter, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea (still would rather try and keep him at least 1 more season, though) - Paul Allen can afford it.

Looks like a 9.6 mil dead money hit if they cut him. 13.6 mil if they keep him. They could ask him to restructure.

The way the Hawks-Niners rivalry is going, if Seattle cut him I wouldn't be surprised if he took a pay cut to go to the Niners just in spite.

I just found out yesterday that Goodell went through with pushing the draft to May....fuuuuuuuuuuu

Oh well, not as brutal when we're picking 20th compared to the past couple years but still, I always look forward to it and the off season sucks in between the few worth events. It's pathetic how excited I get for Pre-season when it finally rolls around and hell, even training camp.

Hard to cut your losses after one year though.

I'd imagine they'll hold on to him for next year, and if he can't get his ass on the field then... see you later.

Actually, probably even if he can play next year they'll jettison him after the 2014 season's over.

Yeah unless he plays all 16 regular season games next year, there's no way he sees anything in 2015 unless he massively restructures.

I think Schneider has some philosophy he got from his Green Bay days that says you have x% of your salary dedicated to y# of elite players and you fill out the rest of your roster with rookies and cost effective veterans. If Harvin isn't producing at elite levels they'll jettison him for players who are.

Its the same reason guys like Zach Miller and Sidney Rice are as good as gone.

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki 11m

.@PFF ranks the best rookie classes of 2013 the teams that got the best production.

1 Cards
2 Lions
3 Panthers

Awww yeahhhhhh and that's without our #1 and 2 picks even playing. Keim is the real deal baby! With Cooper coming back it's going to be as though we have two first round picks for 2014 :D

Time to get the hell out of work, if I don't get back here this weekend you degenerates all enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom