• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm sure you are reminded every time you see an erect penis. Best logo ever. Texans should have just stolen the name back.

whoa penis talk now? strange day in here.

I'm reminded of failure, that name is dead to me.

Texans are doing a great job of living up to it anyway.

Sanjuro

but hockey isn't a major sport... not after this fiasco.

ibsRmOWOGl4yby.gif

As entertaining as this game is, I still think it's stupid that the BCS National Championship is played a month and a half after the regular season is over.

bluemax

Banned
How was Notre Dame the #1 team in America?

They were the only bowl eligible team with an undefeated record, they get a lot of undeserved love from old timey media types.

They also stole a game from a Stanford team that was clearly better than them. And I think they stole a game from UW as well. They also had to use triple OT to beat a shitty Pittsburgh team.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hockey will become mainstream when end game scores are like in the 20+ range
Enough of this Overtime/Draw bullshit
Make those fucking Goalies where less padding, protect them, don't need a fucking tank guarding that bitch
Points matter, more scoring, people get interested

When the game ends 0-0 after OT and you are warded only points, shit is stupid

Make those fucking Goalies where less padding, protect them, don't need a fucking tank guarding that bitch

Hockey needs more exposure.Having it on the Outdoor Channel doesnt help.

Godslay

Banned

NHL was more popular than the NBA post Jordan irc.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

TrumanShow.gif

JABEE

What?

brentech

Directly to shoot out if tied after 3rd period.
I think goalie pad size is different depending on goalie size or some shit? Not real sure how that works. You can't just put a obese on ice and roll him in the net.

Allow more fights to play out? I like the game, but fights are usually fun when they occur. Some people are a little over kill and basically only watch for fights.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Even I'm laughing at this. That's not Hockey at all and less padding for the goalies... you crazy? lol

Fuck that noise. And the NHL not being mainstream is a positive. Any sport that features fewer idiots from ESPN crying over it every minute of the day is a major plus.

Sanjuro

Allow more fights to play out? I like the game, but fights are usually fun when they occur. Some people are a little over kill and basically only watch for fights.

That's actually one of the reasons some of the audience died out. Sick of the fights and especially pre-HD one of the harder sports to follow on television.

Real reasons? Moved popular teams to southern/western locations with no attachment. Ditched ESPN for higher profit margins on the Outdoor Life Network.

JABEE

Fuck that noise. And the NHL not being mainstream is a positive. Any sport that features fewer idiots from ESPN crying over it every minute of the day is a major plus.
The only reason they don't talk about it on ESPN is the television contract. There are no games on ESPN for ESPN to promote.

brentech

That's actually one of the reasons some of the audience died out. Sick of the fights and especially pre-HD one of the harder sports to follow on television.

Real reasons? Moved popular teams to southern/western locations with no attachment. Ditched ESPN for higher profit margins on the Outdoor Life Network.
After the 2002 stike/lockout, whatever it was, I lost idea of where some players were and hadn't truly paid attention to NHL since. I go to a lot of AHL games with my wife's family. Good times usually.

And yea, I hear people in the crowds a lot that haven't been to a game totally confused as to what's going on.

Godslay

Banned

In terms of attendance they have been very close, even up to this season. NBA has better TV contracts, and better self promotion. I can't find anything pre-2000 in terms of attendance, but I'm pretty sure that the NHL was more popular when the NBA was in a lull from Jordan being gone.

Top Bottom