• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Sanjuro

After the 2002 stike/lockout, whatever it was, I lost idea of where some players were and hadn't truly paid attention to NHL since. I go to a lot of AHL games with my wife's family. Good times usually.

And yea, I hear people in the crowds a lot that haven't been to a game totally confused as to what's going on.

I go to Providence Bruins games whenever I have the chance.

NFL isn't an easy sport to follow either, but it's built for television. Like modern video games it tells you everything you need to know about a thousand times as well.

brentech

I go to Providence Bruins games whenever I have the chance.

NFL isn't an easy sport to follow either, but it's built for television. Like modern video games it tells you everything you need to know about a thousand times as well.
Lake Erie Monsters games for us. Live about 45min from Cleveland.

I tried to get the replay video of this fight for moment after it when Bordie did the discount double check when getting brought off the ice, but they ended up not showing it on the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ImkAHvi1R0

Tabris

Funny story. I was flying to Boston when the NHL lockout had ended. When I was in a connection in Toronto, I was watching TSN (canadian ESPN) and they were running 24/7 coverage discussions on lockout ending/season starting. I get to the hotel in Boston, turn on ESPN and they have competitive bowling on :|

Lake Erie Monsters games for us. Live about 45min from Cleveland.

I tried to get the replay video of this fight for moment after it when Bordie did the discount double check when getting brought off the ice, but they ended up not showing it on the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ImkAHvi1R0

How's attendance? I get tired of refuting people from out of state that say "LOL no one in Ohio likes hockey because Blue Jackets."

Funny story. I was flying to Boston when the NHL lockout had ended. When I was in a connection in Toronto, I was watching TSN (canadian ESPN) and they were running 24/7 coverage discussions on lockout ending/season starting. I get to the hotel in Boston, turn on ESPN and they have competitive bowling on :|

ESPN doesn't give a shit about things that don't make them money.

Tabris

Which is a ridiculious stance because consumers care about going to them for all sports news. So they must lose some consumers who want NHL news. I know it's not much in US, but it must be more than competitive bowling fans.

brentech

How's attendance? I get tired of refuting people from out of state that say "LOL no one in Ohio likes hockey because Blue Jackets."
They get a pretty good crowd usually. Only been there once or twice and felt like it was an actual bad turn out.

I used to live in Columbus, but never went to a Blue jackets game. That was even in the time span that they made the playoffs that one year.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Why places like Nashville have an NHL team and Milwaukee doesn't is beyond me. Kids actually grow up playing hockey in Wisconsin.

They also dont give much of a shit about sports America doesn't care about. If it was getting huge ratings and generating lots of interest, ESPN would try to make money off of it. If they talk about hockey on their talk shows or radio programs, the station gets changed. They're not dumb. They're a business.

Godslay

Banned
Which is a ridiculious stance because consumers care about going to them for all sports news. So they must lose some consumers who want NHL news. I know it's not much in US, but it must be more than competitive bowling fans.

ibrGSflV3cpWA0.gif

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm sorry rather than opening up the game, you make that shit more obtuse

Yes Goalies don't need all that padding

Look at the pads in the old days and compare it to now
Those alone tell you the game is sham of it's former self

I may get laughed at for bringing annoying or WTF is wrong with you by my comments, but it's the truth

Seriously, scoring has to open up
Icing – For the purpose of this rule, the center red line will divide the ice into halves. Should any player of a team, equal or superior in numerical strength (power-play) to the opposing team, shoot, bat or deflect the puck from his own half of the ice beyond the goal line of the opposing team, play shall be stopped.

Seriously?

I rather have a flow of the game in Hockey, like Soccer
Stop for Majors, remove Minors (let the game being played and just remove the player)
Every 20 seconds the game just comes to a halt for some bullshit reason

I rather have high scoring, less fighting, remove like 50% of those archaic rules, and have a decent flow to the game

brentech

They also dont give much of a shit about sports America doesn't care about. If it was getting huge ratings and generating lots of interest, ESPN would try to make money off of it. If they talk about hockey on their talk shows or radio programs, the station gets changed. They're not dumb. They're a business.
I wish I could get more English Premier League games here, only one or two a week it seems. Never get the best match ups.

In terms of attendance they have been very close, even up to this season. NBA has better TV contracts, and better self promotion. I can't find anything pre-2000 in terms of attendance, but I'm pretty sure that the NHL was more popular when the NBA was in a lull from Jordan being gone.

I'm just trying to tell you the term is 'iirc' as in 'if i recall correctly'. I've seen you use just 'irc' a few times now so I'm just trying to help you out bro!

KaYotiX

Banned
Why places like Nashville have an NHL team and Milwaukee doesn't is beyond me. Kids actually grow up playing hockey in Wisconsin.
Yup, my high school (SPASH) had a great hockey program. I'm kinda shocked there is no NHL team in Wisconsin

Tabris

They should not allow you to sack the QB, and increase the field width, and have 5 downs.

Yes, ridiculous statements to match your ridiculous statements. Keep to football. @ GraveRobber

LJ11

I'd like to see Alabama's Vogler or the upcoming OJ Howard in that kind of role. Tall pass catchers with talent are a premium.

He can block too, not fast but shifty, smart player and seems to take advantage of the leverage the defender gives him. Guess he has freedom in Kelly's O with the option routes they run.

Edit: Classic Te'o tackle. Can't arm tackle son.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
If you had your way, you would destroy hockey.

Then enjoy being behind PBA Professional Bowling Association) in relevance

Fucking PBA is more enjoying than NHL games at the moment
I have watched more PBA recently than NHL (pre-lockout)

Fucking borefest the NHL has become

Only reason most watch is to get drunk or lull themselves to sleep

Most wait till the Stanley Cup to even give a flying fuck

Top Bottom