• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Lol posted in the old thread by accident.

Rob Ryan being fired was a stupid move by the Cowboys. THey should have fired Garrett for his inept clock management skills.

Woody Johnson is pretty close, but Jerry is more of a control freak. The dude has run the franchise into the ground the last 10 years.

I still can't believe he gave us a 1st and a 3rd round pick for Roy Williams a couple years back. Roy was supposed to be the #1 receiver Romo had lacked most of his career :jnc

Woody Johnson is worse.

Woody Johnson is worse in the sense that he doesn't really care about the team, rather just the business end of it. Jerry Jones is worse than the two overall because he actually makes football personnel decisions.

Rob Ryan being fired was a stupid move by the Cowboys. THey should have fired Garrett for his inept clock management skills.

Rob Ryan has never coached a defense to a winning record. Could be his fault. Could be the fault of every HC he's worked for. He certainly doesn't reek of "genius" though.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

When Jason Garrett inevitably gets fired next year who would even want to coach a team run/managed by a senile Jerry Jones?

I think thats why Jones has been loyal to Garrett thus far. Garrett is a pretty solid coach compared to some of the other coaching options for the Cowboys out there.

The Cowboys are a coaching graveyard in terms of a coaches career like the Raiders were before Al Davis died.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Bud Adams is the worst. Took the crown from Bidwell when that dude stepped back

bud-adams-o.gif

Actually from all accounts Bud Adams is a great owner. He cares about winning and his franchise, and has the sense to let other people run the show in terms of football decisions. Also isn't afraid to pay players which could be good or bad i.e. Chris Johnson.

He went out publicly this year about firing Munchak after his first season if things didn't improve quickly. You usually don't see owners doing that and it lit a fire under the teams ass for a little bit.

LJ11

Jerry and Woody just meddle to much, they're not the worst, they just need to step aside or find someone they completely trust. Both guys spend, give their players the best practice facilities, and try to give their football operations as many resources as they possibly can.

Look at Dolan, the proto shit owner, at least when it comes to the NBA/Knicks. With hockey, he just let's Glen do whatever the fuck he wants, and gives him the financial backing and resources to do whatever the fuck he wants. Since Glen pulled his head out of his ass the Rangers have done a complete 180 and will win the Stanley Cup this year.

Back the fuck off, but hand over your wallet.

Edit: wilpons, now those are some shit fucking owners.

MechDX

Actually from all accounts Bud Adams is a great owner. He cares about winning and his franchise, and has the sense to let other people run the show in terms of football decisions. Also isn't afraid to pay players which could be good or bad i.e. Chris Johnson.

He went out publicly this year about firing Munchak after his first season if things didn't improve quickly. You usually don't see owners doing that and it lit a fire under the teams ass for a little bit.

Nice to see your history only goes back so far. How about his ass trying to blackmail the city of Houston? Bastard got all the improvements at the Dome he wanted while using Jacksonville as leverage, then quickly turned around and wanted a new stadium immediatly!

Even commisioned an architect to design a new stadium the Oilers and Rockets could share even though the Rockets new nothing of the plan when he held a press conference to unveil it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Nice to see your history only goes back so far. How about his ass trying to blackmail the city of Houston? Bastard got all the improvements at the Dome he wanted then quickly turned around and wanted a new stadium immediatly!

Even commisioned an architect to design a new stadium the Oilers and Rockets could share even though the Rockets new nothing of the plan when he held a press conference to unveil it.

Actually I wasn't aware of his whole beef with the city of Houston. That's pretty douchey, but I still think he's a good owner for a lot of the reasons I listed.

I'll have to read up more on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if some Houston politicians fucked up as well.

RBH

The signing of kicker Ryan Longwell by the Seattle Seahawks Tuesday afternoon no longer seems to be just an insurance policy.

According to Aaron Levine of Q13 FOX-TV, the Seahawks have informed kicker Steven Hauschka he will be placed on injured reserve. Hauschka suffered a calf injury in the first half of the Seahawks 24-14 win over the Washington Redskins in the Wild Card round of the playoffs on Sunday.
Punter Jon Ryan had to handle kickoff duties for most of the game after Hauschka strained his calf. Despite the injury, Hauschka managed to make all three field goal attempts against Washington from 32, 29 and 22 yards.

Head coach Pete Carroll said Hauschka had felt better on Monday but that they were still unsure of what his availability would be.

“He feels better today (Monday) than he did yesterday. He really did a great job kicking through it and making the plays we needed him to make,” Carroll said. “…We’ll wait and see. There are a lot of scenarios here for us so we’ll have to see what happens tomorrow, and then see what happens the next day. I’ll let you know when we have that feel.”

Longwell has not kicked in the league this season since being released by the Minnesota Vikings in May. Longwell grew up in nearby Puyallup and has played 15 seasons in the NFL for the Vikings and Green Bay Packers. Longwell was 22 of 28 (78.6-percent) on field goal tries in 2011 with Minnesota. It was only the second time in his career his field goal percentage was less than 80-percent.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bud Adams is the worst.

Greatest post ever.

Kastrioti... he's a piece of shit, one giant old turd and I have more respect for Suh than him. That should tell you something.

squicken

Actually I wasn't aware of his whole beef with the city of Houston. That's pretty douchey, but I still think he's a good owner for a lot of the reasons I listed.

I'll have to read up more on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if some Houston politicians fucked up as well.

When they moved the team to Nashville, the team was working out a parking lot in those little tin can offices you see at construction sites. The "Oilers" were on a bye week and Fisher wanted to watch the game of his upcoming opponent. But the Budster wouldn't pay for satellite, so Fisher hopped a fence and went to the sports bar next door and asked them to tape the game for him

When Earl Campbell was signed by the Oilers, Bud took him to a car dealership to buy him a Cadillac. Thing was, a month later, the payment coupons showed up at Earl's house in the mail. Bud didn't buy it for him, just helped him pick one out

Tons of stories like this. He's like an old 1950s baseball owner only he is still alive and ruining a franchise. Culverhouse and Rankin Smith are gone. Bud wins.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Nice to see your history only goes back so far. How about his ass trying to blackmail the city of Houston? Bastard got all the improvements at the Dome he wanted while using Jacksonville as leverage, then quickly turned around and wanted a new stadium immediatly!

Fuck. Just reading yours and squicken's posts are causing buried anger and memories to come out.

Brutal. God if anything I want the Texans to make it to the Supebowl and win it while this old fucker is still alive just so he can witness it and then stroke in the process.

squicken

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Redskins QB Robert Griffin III will undergo total reconstruction of knee for complete tear of ACL and LCL. Recovery projection: 6-8 mos.

Dr. James Andrews will perform surgery in about 6 hours. Diagnosis already made that ACL graft of @RGIII's 2009 surgery is complete tear

Same knee. Damn

Narag

Redskins QB Robert Griffin III will undergo total reconstruction of knee for complete tear of ACL and LCL. Recovery projection: 6-8 mos.

Dr. James Andrews will perform surgery in about 6 hours. Diagnosis already made that ACL graft of @RGIII's 2009 surgery is complete tear

Same knee. Damn

That's a shame. I hope he takes better care of himself when he comes back.

Same knee. Damn
That's rough. They need to be very careful with his recovery. Terrell Thomas came back in that time period and ended tearing the same ACL for a third time. That would be disastrous....

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
When they moved the team to Nashville, the team was working out a parking lot in those little tin can offices you see at construction sites. The "Oilers" were on a bye week and Fisher wanted to watch the game of his upcoming opponent. But the Budster wouldn't pay for satellite, so Fisher hopped a fence and went to the sports bar next door and asked them to tape the game for him

When Earl Campbell was signed by the Oilers, Bud took him to a car dealership to buy him a Cadillac. Thing was, a month later, the payment coupons showed up at Earl's house in the mail. Bud didn't buy it for him, just helped him pick one out

Holy shit what a cheap ass douche. Surprised he was willing to shell out $100 Mil for Chris Johnson yet he wouldn't pay for a satellite to study game film. :jnc

R.I.P. RGIII's career as we know it. He will have to turn into a pocket passer, which I have no doubt he will be able to, but that spread/option read offense they were running this year will have to cease if he wants to play in the NFL any longer.

At least Vick looked/looks like he has more muscle on him. RGIII has always looked like a twig compared to the defenders trying to rip his head off.

squicken

Holy shit what a cheap ass douche. Surprised he was willing to shell out $100 Mil for Chris Johnson yet he wouldn't pay for a satellite to study game film. :jnc

He would always pay for players. But he was just cheap everywhere else. He wouldn't pay for good coaches. It's why they squandered all that talent in the early 90s. Maybe if he would have brought in Buddy Ryan earlier things would have been different

He also had this thing where any purchase over $50 required his personal approval. Gophers would bring him the receipt for the food brought in for the coaches and he would have meetings with Fisher about why they were spending so much money on lunches

Same knee. Damn

Ouch. I keep hearing a full tear is better than a partial tear though. Is that accurate in any possible way?

Ouch. I keep hearing a full tear is better than a partial tear though. Is that accurate in any possible way?
Only in so far as diagnosing whether reconstructive surgery is necessary or not. That is my understanding of it (and I'm hardly a doctor). Partial tear could require a scope as well as extensive stability testing to make a determinartion. Full tear usually equals surgery...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Same knee. Damn

Thanks, Mike Shanahan. Dick. He's going to come back and play week 1 and Shanny's going to be running the same offense. I'm going to have a conniption that day.

Matrix

Same knee. Damn

Awful :(

Same knee. Damn

Well, way to go Shanahan. Better start reworking that offense so he doesn't die next time.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Need to get some field turf in FedEx field ffs

I said it after the injury happened, but Dan Snyder and the upper brass should be held directly responsible for RG3's injury, and not Shannahan or RG3 himself.

No way does he twist his knee like that on a artificial turf surface or a field thats actually taken care of i.e. Green Bay.

I tore an ankle ligament my JV year of high school in our first preseason game as I was sacking a QB trying to run a QB bootleg. The field I was playing on looked almost exactly the same but had more wear and tear due to the soccer team/track team also using the field. The next year we got artificial turf and injuries went down ten fold.

Matrix

He didn't get perm'd for that stupid ass thread did he?

I got a week ban for saying GAF doesn't like movies. How long has it been now for him? I would be shocked if he got perm'd and plus he's been around here for years now. That would just be absurd and beyond fucked up.

Milchjon

I got a week ban for saying GAF doesn't like movies. How long has it been now for him? I would be shocked if he got perm'd and plus he's been around here for years now. That would just be absurd and beyond fucked up.

Nah, no way he's gone. Pretty sure he's been on GAF for about 10 years, and he's always been a great contributor. They wouldn kill someone like him off for a bit of ribbing in a thread that almost required ribbing.

Ninja =(

mr2xxx

Banned
At the very least he will be back next year. The injuries against the Falcons and Ravens came on him just scrambling, wasn't the options fault. I wouldn't change the offense, it works fine and Rg3 just needs to play smart which he has been since the Atlanta. Now we just gotta get him to be more Cutler and less trying to be a one legged hero. The threat of the run and option helps freeze defenders which helps him get hit less during passes so the option helps in some way. The main issue is he unlucky or just fragile, either way there isn't anything you could really adjust unless he decides to play flag football.

Matrix

Didn't DM get banned once for disputing my ban?

He loves you. He took one for you. You owe him your soul.

He's your Parsons.

Same knee. Damn

Good thing they had Andrews and that wooden shack on the sideline so they could make an amazing immediate diagnosis that he was fine and should probably run some more boots. But hey, if they took him out, he was gonna hate everyone forever, it was such a hard decision to make!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
At the very least he will be back next year. The injuries against the Falcons and Ravens came on him just scrambling, wasn't the options fault. I wouldn't change the offense, it works fine and Rg3 just needs to play smart which he has been since the Atlanta. Now we just gotta get him to be more Cutler and less trying to be a one legged hero. The threat of the run and option helps freeze defenders which helps him get hit less during passes so the option helps in some way. The main issue is he unlucky or just fragile, either way there isn't anything you could really adjust unless he decides to play flag football.

If it makes you feel any better Stafford suffered a few injuries his first two seasons on both shoulders, and missed a ton of time and look at how he`s bounced back.

Few QBs are as tough as Stafford, but I think RG3 will be fine for next season with proper rehab. Not sure about the long run though...

Top Bottom