• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
tumblr_lyj4tsqLJx1qm89nq.gif

Be scared, our ranks grow!

Kacar

I had high hopes for the Browns all year but anytime the broadcast would show Shurmer I realised it was useless. He didn't even look or act like a coach. But on to the future, even though we are now looking at our 5th choice.

TheFrankman said:
Being serious now, it'd be nice to have a D-coord who knew how to make a halftime adjustment.
Ryan's blitz heavy scheme with our corners and linebackers? We already saw that film. It was called the 2011 Cowboys and they had pretty decent linebackers then.

Just learned that all of the Broncos starting offensive lineman will be active for the Divisional game on Saturday. Hopefully they will give him some better protection.

I don't know college so explain to me why he's good?
I'm not gonna lie like I know alot about the guy, I just read some of the OBR thread
Edit: I think I want a college coach though, instead of someone already in the league. And yeah I'm pretty sure they run the read option, don't must the military schools run some form of read option though?

squicken

I don't know college so explain to me why he's good?

Punches above his weight with less talented players. Problem with that is in no way will NFL players have anything close to the discipline, work ethic and intelligence of guys who get into the Air Force Academy. That would always be my worry hiring anyone from a service academy

edit:

"He knew everything we were doing and he was three steps ahead of us," Falcons coach Mike Smith said in looking back at the 48-21 loss. "When you look at the game film, it wasn't that we played that badly. Aaron took it to this next level."

Or as Rodgers put it, simply: "They played the exact same defense."

The San Francisco 49ers, who opened the season with a 30-22 victory in Green Bay, would be wise to consider that situation as they get ready to host Rodgers and Green Bay on Saturday night in the second round of the NFC playoffs at Candlestick Park.

"If there's one problem with the 49ers, it's that they're not multiple enough on defense," said former NFL quarterback and ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer, who as a Northern California native, Bay Area resident and former 49ers player is a thinly veiled 49ers fan. "The defense they were in the first week of the season is the same defense they are now. Don't get me wrong, they're great, but it's the same looks."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--n...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuZmwEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

Ryan's blitz heavy scheme with our corners and linebackers? We already saw that film. It was called the 2011 Cowboys and they had pretty decent linebackers then.
At this point I just want Fewell gone. Kinda funny, in 2007 Spags' scheme wasn't too far off from what Ryan did now; just less often. Giants sent the house because they knew their corners couldn't sustain coverage so they sent the house to disrupt the QB in 4 seconds or they were fucked. John Fennelly of SNYGiants weighs in on both coords, but Fewell's assessment is damning.
DC Perry Fewell - He has the passion, the fire, the attitude, the experience and the resume. So, why are his defenses continually getting shredded? Because his system, pardon my French, sucks. In this day and age of the quarterback, a bend-but-don’t-break, Tampa 2- style scheme is the worst possible strategy you can employ. Why Coughlin is buying into this garbage strategy remains a mystery.

Under this scheme, if the pass rush isn’t percolating and providing pressure, you’re dead meat. And that’s exactly what the Giants were for the most part in 2012.

The Giants rely on the pass rush to get home in order for the defense to be effective. Duh. If you get pressure on the QB, it really doesn’t matter what scheme you run. This year, teams countered the Giants’ rush with quick drops, double teams and chips and the Giants couldn’t overcome those tactics. The back seven were left exposed and, man, did they get torched.

Fewell and Coughlin need to sit down and get this solved, but they’ll need Jerry Reese’s help. They have the personnel down the middle of the field, but their corners play soft and are vulnerable. They need to upgrade there, at LB and at DT. They could not stop the run and that opened the floodgates for the pass. Because of the poor coverage ability, Fewell did not dial up the blitz, choosing to keep personnel back in coverage. They play defense as if they were playing uphill. No good. Change the scheme and get the right players to play in it. If that means ditching Fewell, so be it.

Punches above his weight with less talented players. Problem with that is in no way will NFL players have anything close to the discipline, work ethic and intelligence of guys who get into the Air Force Academy. That would always be my worry hiring anyone from a service academy

edit:

this is stupid. it's not about playing the same defense or not, it's about execution. the 49ers have played the exact same defense for 2 years. erron had a seasons worth of footage on our defense: IT NEVER CHANGED.

we played this defense all year last year. we played this defense against the saints in last years playoffs. we played it against the giants. we played it against the packers in week 1. we played it against the giants in week 6. we played it against the patriots in week 15. and we will play it against the packers again in the playoffs.

the falcons/packers game absolutely turned at the end of the first half. it was 21-14 with the falcons possibly getting a FG to go into halftime 21-17 and matt ryan made a god awful throw and the falcons never recovered.

the 49ers don't run a gimmick defense. there is nothing exotic about our defensive packages. there will be minimal surprises. maybe we throw a blitz here or there but erron knows what he is getting.... just like every team we've played for the last 2 years. so if erron torches us it's not because "we didn't change our defense", it's because we didn't execute our defense the way we should

He has a background with Kubiak. Don't know if that helps
Just alittle excerpt, but again this is just a rumor
Via Wiki:
Calhoun began his NFL career with the Denver Broncos as a defensive assistant in 2003, and later moved to offense and special teams. When Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak was hired as the Texans' head coach, Kubiak brought Calhoun along and made Calhoun his offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Calhoun finished out the 2006 season with the Texans before taking over at Air Force."

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Bill Cowher plans to return to coaching eventually

It's coming up on six full NFL seasons since Bill Cowher ended his long run as coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Appearing Tuesday at an event to promote CBS' coverage of Super Bowl XLVII, Cowher acknowledged he plans to eventually return to the sideline.

"It would be a challenge," Cowher told Neil Best of Newsday. "But I think that's probably why I would get back into it, because of the challenge."

Cowher, 55, dismissed the idea the game has changed too much for him to still succeed.

"I did it for 27 years," he said. "You don't just forget things overnight. One thing about this job is it's been really good because it allows me to study the game and do features on the game. ... It's not like I'm out of it. I know how the game is changing."

We believe him on that. Cowher hasn't been growing an impressive beard in some remote jungle since the mid-aughts. He's been sitting in a studio, talking about the NFL, pretending to laugh at Shannon Sharpe jokes.

That said, each year away from the game pulls Cowher further off the NFL radar. Five years ago, Cowher was the dream target for any NFL franchise looking for a reboot. Now? Not so much

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...er-plans-to-eventually-return-to-nfl-coaching

Surprised he hasn't jumped on so many opportunities for head coaching gigs thus far. I could see him wanting the Titans job if Munchak gets fired next year. Solid fanbase, good city and an owner who would let him have full control.

When Coughlin was rumored to be close to getting fired before their first Super Bowl win there was also talk that Cowher would love to coach the Giants but that won't happen since by all accounts Coughlin has a lifetime pass to coach the Giants till he croaks.

squicken

the 49ers don't run a gimmick defense. there is nothing exotic about our defensive packages. there will be minimal surprises. maybe we throw a blitz here or there but erron knows what he is getting.... just like every team we've played for the last 2 years. so if erron torches us it's not because "we didn't change our defense", it's because we didn't execute our defense the way we should

Blame your boy Dilfer! He's the QB Guru and he says ARodg will light you up b/c Fangio isn't multiple. Multiple Multiple Multiple

TheFrankman said:
Funny thing is in 2007 Spags' scheme wasn't too far off, Giants sent the house because they knew their corners couldn't sustain coverage.
I've already had this discussion with Draxal and not to come off like a prick but I'm bored of it. We aren't going to come to consensus. You want Spags defense. I've moved on. There's a block of Giants fans that to stand in line to suck his dick while giving Fewell almost no credit for the way the defense played during the end of the 2011 season and throughout the Super Bowl run (which is a pretty good indication that the scheme can work when the pieces are in place and healthy).

I'm fine with Perry for another year to see what he can do with a restocked defense. That's my stance. I'll see where we are after 2013.

By the way, nice job in not highlighting the only insightful part of that article;):

Fewell and Coughlin need to sit down and get this solved, but they’ll need Jerry Reese’s help. They have the personnel down the middle of the field, but their corners play soft and are vulnerable. They need to upgrade there, at LB and at DT. They could not stop the run and that opened the floodgates for the pass.

MechDX

Do it hurt?It do dont it?

Why be so juvemile and arrogant? Enjoy the game for what it is: a modern day gladitorial combat exhibition. Enjoy in men giving their all to win for their city whose garb they wear. A shame anyone has to lose and we can not just enjoy the effort and will these modern day warriors.

you diminish their efforts with your sophmore like insults and should be ashamed of yourself.

Dragon

Banned
Why be so juvemile and arrogant? Enjoy the game for what it is: a modern day gladitorial combat exhibition. Enjoy in men giving their all to win for their city whose garb the wear. A shame anyone has to lose and we can not just enjoy the effort and will these players give us.

you diminish their efforts with your sophmore like insults.

Sophomoric is the word you're looking for. Also you like shit talking more than FMT. No need to play the victim.

Hopefully you're being sarcastic though.

mr2xxx

Banned
this is stupid. it's not about playing the same defense or not, it's about execution. the 49ers have played the exact same defense for 2 years. erron had a seasons worth of footage on our defense: IT NEVER CHANGED.

we played this defense all year last year. we played this defense against the saints in last years playoffs. we played it against the giants. we played it against the packers in week 1. we played it against the giants in week 6. we played it against the patriots in week 15. and we will play it against the packers again in the playoffs.

the falcons/packers game absolutely turned at the end of the first half. it was 21-14 with the falcons possibly getting a FG to go into halftime 21-17 and matt ryan made a god awful throw and the falcons never recovered.

Already with the "they didn't beat us we beat ourselves" excuse.

Blame your boy Dilfer! He's the QB Guru and he says ARodg will light you up b/c Fangio isn't multiple. Multiple Multiple Multiple

it's just a stupid ass article and a stupid point to make. what does he expect us to do? change to a 4-3 defense so we "confuse" erron!? start all out blitzing like the redskins since he'll never expect it!?

seems like the article was written for another reason to suck erron's dick. the mighty erron. better change your whole defense or he'll gobble ya up! GUARANTEED!

MechDX

Sophomoric is the word you're looking for. Also you like shit talking more than FMT. No need to play the victim.

Hopefully you're being sarcastic though.

I appreciate the correction for my grammar and apologize for any issues this may have caused you in reading my comments.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I thought the cowboys firing their RB coach was pretty lame. I thought the guy was doing fine considering what they have.

Firing Rob Ryan made more sense. Thankfully they'll never right the ship so long as Jerry Jones runs the show.

mr2xxx

Banned
to the contrary. its saying the defense is solid because we do what we do very well. if erron beats that then he does. no surprises on saturday!

My bad I took it as the only way Arod scores is because we messed up not because of anything they did. Should be a great game, not rooting for anyone so good luck to both bastard teams, even that tatted up thug, spellchecking needing QB, who spends his time in Oak town making it rain at the strip clubs! Also can't forget that racist, naplolean complex having, thin skinned, not smart enough so went to JC QB too!! ALso fuck both of them for having all thier ligaments in tact BIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTCH............ ;_;

Miguel

Not even the best sports on NBC theme.

TESH
I want this played at my funeral. With Hakeem and Hannah Storm (after her hair grows back) eulogizing me.

I had high hopes for the Browns all year but anytime the broadcast would show Shurmer I realised it was useless. He didn't even look or act like a coach. But on to the future, even though we are now looking at our 5th choice.

Oh, George Michael, never settle for fifth choice. Something better is going to come along. She just has to.

edit:

This "changing looks" crap is ridiculous. So what you know what's coming. It's execution that's the key.

The Steelers don't change their looks either. There's no need. A disciplined, well co-ordinated defense doesn't have to be exotic to be successful. Falcons executed poorly in that game and got torched for it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Since Al died and Snyder became less of an idiot, looks like Jerry has complete dominance over the title of worst owner. Good Job Jerrry, your making the rest of the NFCE happy to have you.

Woody Johnson is pretty close, but Jerry is more of a control freak. The dude has run the franchise into the ground the last 10 years.

I still can't believe he gave us a 1st and a 3rd round pick for Roy Williams a couple years back. Roy was supposed to be the #1 receiver Romo had lacked most of his career :jnc

Top Bottom