• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Talon

The thing is that RGIII is pretty impressive in the pocket. Guy has remarkable deep ball accuracy with a quick release. He'd be a special player even without running option plays that often.

Kap vs Rodgers since Kap became the starter

http://www.abload.de/img/sany0ua5u.jpg

Total QBR =
BuffyWank.gif

squicken

The thing is that RGIII is pretty impressive in the pocket. Guy has remarkable deep ball accuracy with a quick release. He'd be a special player even without running option plays that often.

The threat of the run helps get those streaking WRs so open, but I do agree with you that he can be an effective pocket passer. Just needs to run for 1st Downs and that's it. Hopefully the injury doesn't stunt the offseason work needed to help him transition to that

edit: If you don't like QBR (you should), then look at YPA and depth of target for Kaep

Giants PR has released a by the numbers breakdown of the season. Some good information to mine through:

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/9...-the-numbers-fast-facts-about-the-2012-season

-- The offense gained 5,687 yards, a 474-yard decline from the team-record 6,161 yards the 2011 offense produced (which was the second consecutive 6,000-yard season, the only two in franchise history). The Giants dipped from eighth in total offense (385.1 yards a game) to 14th (355.4).

-- While the yardage went down, the points went up. In 2012, the Giants scored 429 points, the second-highest total in franchise history (the 1963 Giants scored 448 points). The 2011 Giants team that won Super Bowl XLVI scored 394 regular-season points.

-- The Giants kicked 33 field goals in 2012 compared to 19 the previous season.

--- The defense allowed 6,134 yards, or 383.4 yards a game, both the highest figures in franchise history (the defense gave up 6,022 yards in the 2011 championship season, the only two seasons in which the Giants allowed 6,000 yards in their history). The unit was ranked 31st in the NFL. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, it is the first time the Giants' defense was ranked second-to-last in the NFL since 1966.

- -- The Giants allowed 60 passes of 20 or more yards (the NFL's fourth-highest total), 29 passes of at least 30 yards (led the NFL) and 13 passes of 40 or more yards (second in the league).

-- In 2011, the Giants surrendered 34 touchdowns on 61 opposing trips inside their 20-yard line, a 55.7 touchdown percentage that left them tied with their Super Bowl opponents, New England, for 21st in the league. This season, the Giants allowed only 23 touchdowns on 50 opposing possessions in the red zone, a 46.0 percentage that was sixth in the NFL.

-- The Giants were fourth in the NFL in both takeaways (35, four more than they had in 2011) and turnover differential (plus-14, a significant improvement over 2011's plus-7). The plus-14 was the Giants' best turnover differential since they were plus-25 in 1997. The Giants intercepted 21 passes in 2012, their highest total since they had 27 picks, also in 1997.

*The Giants’ impressive turnover differential left Coughlin had plus-61 in his 17-year career as an NFL head coach (including plus-27 with the Giants). That places him third among active head coaches, behind New England’s Bill Belichick (plus-126) and Green Bay’s Mike McCarthy (plus-76).

-- The Giants punted 58 times in 2012, their lowest total ever in a 16-game season. heir previous low total in a 16-game season was 64 punts in 1991, 2008 and 2009.

-- David Wilson's 1,925 all-purpose yards were the most ever by a Giants rookie and the most for any Giant since Tiki Barber had 2,127 in 2006. It was not, however, the highest total by an NFL rookie this season. That honor went to Tampa Bay's Doug Martin - who was selected immediately prior to Wilson in the 2012 NFL Draft - who had ... 1,926 total yards.

-- Ahmad Bradshaw (four times), Andre Brown and Wilson (once each) rushed for at least 100 yards in a game in 2012. The Giants were the only NFL team with three different players with a 100-yard rushing game this season.

More statistics can be found here with some player breakdowns:

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...2-season/30ad5bab-762e-4674-8604-8f54875aecfb

I liked this one:

*Stevie Brown, whose eight interceptions were the most by a Giant in 44 years, had five returns of more than 40 yards, the highest total by an NFL player since Baltimore’s Ed Reed had five in 2004.

MechDX

Texans GAF,

Great write up and film breakdown of the first Pats game:

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/1...patriots-should-be-so-very-very-afraid-of-the

Sums up the long article:

One bad interception here, a missed fumble recovery there, and a couple ill-advised play calls later, the Texans were down 21-0. They aren't built for that. New England is constructed on the mentality of a cobra – strike quick, strike hard, and don’t stop until the enemy dies. Houston is designed like a python – they grab hold and suffocate their foes to death slowly, painfully, and efficiently. Gary Kubiak can’t come back from 21 points in ten minutes, but if it’s a tie game and you need one ten minute drive to close the half and keep Tom Brady off the field--that he can do in spades.

squicken

Giants PR has released a by the numbers breakdown of the season. Some good information to mine through:

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/9...-the-numbers-fast-facts-about-the-2012-season

More statistics can be found here with some player breakdowns:

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...2-season/30ad5bab-762e-4674-8604-8f54875aecfb

I liked this one:

That's cool that they did that. Rams have nothing like that.

First time I saw Wilson in the preseason I thought he jumped off the screen. I think he's going to a really big deal next year for you guys. More points is interesting. Any theories why?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=46238207

FO has you guys as 2nd in points per drive. What a let down by your D

squicken

These stats are somewhat worthless with such a small sample size and when they're playing completely different schedules.

True on sample size, but it's all we have. And there's no way that SF doesn't have a top 5 most difficult schedule over that time

doubt anyone thinks Kap is as good as Rodgers. But he can be very productive in that offense

Talon

Here's an absurd stat, it's been over two seasons since Aaron Rodgers threw more than 1 pick in a game. Something like 39 starts - including postseason.

I'll admit to not watching a lot of Kap but he takes a long time to make his reads from what I can see, and that's the worst negative a QB can have.

Talon

I'm surprised FMT hasn't been strutting around all week. He must be a changed man.

I'm sure the BASBoG* will be out in full force over the weekend though.

*Bay Area Sports Bandwagoners of GAF

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
At the very least he will be back next year. The injuries against the Falcons and Ravens came on him just scrambling, wasn't the options fault. I wouldn't change the offense, it works fine and Rg3 just needs to play smart which he has been since the Atlanta. Now we just gotta get him to be more Cutler and less trying to be a one legged hero. The threat of the run and option helps freeze defenders which helps him get hit less during passes so the option helps in some way. The main issue is he unlucky or just fragile, either way there isn't anything you could really adjust unless he decides to play flag football.

Welp. I'm withdrawing my support for Griffin. Enjoy the next coming of Mike Vick.

I'm surprised FMT hasn't been strutting around all week. He must be a changed man.

I'm sure the BASBoG* will be out in full force over the weekend though.

*Bay Area Sports Bandwagoners of GAF

Lol when was the last time you saw me "strutting around"? Go niners and go seachickens! It's the NFC title game we all want!

squicken

Here's an absurd stat, it's been over two seasons since Aaron Rodgers threw more than 1 pick in a game. Something like 39 starts - including postseason.

Not going to say he's the best ever, but his level of play over the past few years is just as good as any I've seen. He's had lots of advantages but just on production he has been amazing

edit: Rams interviewed Chud last year. Word was he failed the "leader of men" test. Couldn't work the big room

Bowser

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
#Browns fans should get excited about the Rob Chudzinski interview. Great coordinator, head coach material and bleeds orange and brown.

If this happens, hiring Norv as OC in Carolina makes too much sense not to happen.

Lol when was the last time you saw me "strutting around"? Go niners and go seachickens! It's the NFC title game we all want!

You dont really want to play the Seahawks again. The first game was close but that was before Pete trusted Wilson to do anything. The 2nd game the 9ers were badly outmatched. I would think you guys would have an easier time going on the road to play the Falcons in the NFCCG.

More on that Roland McClain story:

Peter King @SI_PeterKing

RT @VicTafur: Rolando McClain signed a citation for overly dark window tint as “(Expletive) y’all,” Decatur police said ... What an idiot.

I....yeah.:jnc

Said idiot could have avoided the arrest entirely by just signing his name to the citation.

Dragon

Banned
You dont really want to play the Seahawks again. The first game was close but that was before Pete trusted Wilson to do anything. The 2nd game the 9ers were badly outmatched. I would think you guys would have an easier time going on the road to play the Falcons in the NFCCG.

I think the Seahawks are playing better than the Failcons at the moment as well. I just don't see them advancing that far.

tmdorsey

Niners/ Seahawks and Ravens/Texans......what NFL GAF deserves!

Terrible. I don't even know you anymore FMT. Rooting for a division rival.

Mech, I was secretly pulling for the Texans since they've been getting the same kind of abuse as the Falcons. Now I guess I have no choice but to root for the inevitable Peyton vs. Brady matchup.

eznark

Banned
Looking at QBR the Packers really need to dump Rodgers before the league finds out he is actually garbage and that the most important things in the world for a QB are to throw it far, cross your fingers and don't take sacks.

The fuck I don't. I'll take a home NFC title game. You're just like all the other talking head retards that think 1 game makes a season. That's fine. You'll be eating a bag of dicks soon just like you did when you said it was impossible for the eagles to lose to the cards lolololol

Ps

Tm I want a home NFC title game and the seachickens would be the easier game for us

MechDX

Terrible. I don't even know you anymore FMT. Rooting for a division rival.

Mech, I was secretly pulling for the Texans since they've been getting the same kind of abuse as the Falcons. Now I guess I have no choice but to root for the inevitable Peyton vs. Brady matchup.

It would just be for the lulz, neither of those will actually happen.

Falcons/Niners and Pats/Broncos.

But seriously, imagine the reaction here if the AFCCG was Flacco vs Schaub! Fucking glorious!!

tmdorsey

FMT, I can understand that.

Mech, I hope you're right!

I have to get my home NFC title game! The Dome has never hosted that game before.

Talon

Not going to say he's the best ever, but his level of play over the past few years is just as good as any I've seen. He's had lots of advantages but just on production he has been amazing.
He's the best QB in the league bar none. He might not be as smart as Peyton, but he's got more physical ability right now. He might not be as womanly as Brady, but he can still win the hearts of American men.

eznark

Banned
Squicken, if can stop trolling for a bit, why the boner for yards per attempt? Is there any studies that show a correlation between throwing it far and having success?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lifelong Texans fan checking into this thread.

Go Schaub!

And I gotta root for my fellow vegans, Arian Foster is the best player in the NFL!

Top Bottom