• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

eznark

Banned
The fastest GPU Xi3 lists for its X7 series, the HD 7660G, puts up respectable numbers on benchmarking site Notebook Check. They write the 7660G's performance is "significantly better than the Intel HD Graphics 4000 in the Ivy Bridge Quad-Core models." On medium settings, it delivered framerates in the teens or 20s for games like Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3, but it topped 30 frames per second in Borderlands 2, Sleeping Dogs, and Dishonored. In a number of cases, it could even stay about 30 fps on high settings (mostly in less graphically intensive games like Torchlight 2).

Lol, Steam Box is a pile of fucking shit. If you really push it you can get 30 FPS in Torchlight II!

Nightz

Kinda excited about the Tom Telesco hiring for GM. I liked Jimmy Raye but I feel that he was too close to the AJ regime, so I was happy that they chose some new blood for the position. I just hope this doesn't automatically mean that Arians is coming along to coach.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Dr. James Andrews statement on @RGIII: "It is (our) belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season."

RBH

RBH! Of course, RBH. I always leave you out because I'm a jerk.

No worries. I got you a present to show my gratitude:

ketchup.jpg

:)

He confuses me with his Manning avy.
Greg's sad Rodgers avatar inspired me.

But maybe I'll finally change it to a Falcons logo for this Sunday.

Hmmm.........

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Dr. James Andrews statement on @RGIII: "It is (our) belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season."

So when he misses 2013 it will be because he wasn't trying hard enough to get back?

Very slick by both Dr. Andrews and Shanahan.

RBH

Hmm, maybe I'll be going to the Falcons/Seahawks game this Sunday........

Haven't been able to attend a game all season. Last time I attended a playoff game was during the '98 season when the Falcons defeated the 49ers in the Divisional Round (that was the game where Garrison Hearst broke his ankle).

Conflicting reports on Haley and the Cardinals. Ed Bouchette is saying the interview is today, while Ian Rappoport said the complete opposite.

Also, Rooney himself said he has a high opinion of Haley and that he was doing very well before Ben got injured. Hope this puts an end to the reports otherwise.

squicken

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/46181/a-look-at-adjusted-strength-of-schedules

"One problem with strength of schedule is that how you did against your opponents affects how good they were.

The Colts’ 2012 opponents were 113-133. But the Colts helped make that record bad. Eleven of those losses (and five of the wins) came against Indianapolis.

Jacksonville had the fourth toughest schedule in the league when you look at the overall records. Opponents had a .539 winning percentage, tied for the fourth toughest in the league. Take out their 2-14 record against those opponents, however, and the winning percentage was .517, just the 11th best. "

fraudcons9yktv.jpg

squicken

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/databases/20130109-nfl-team-by-team-injuries-can-cowboys-use-health-as-an-excuse.ece

Packers starters lost 83 games to injuries. 8 more than the next closest team (Redskins).

The whiny ass Steelers lost 52.

I've always felt it's about who you lose, and even there, GB got hit hard. STL lost maybe 5 games to injury on the whole defense. Not an exaggeration. Brockers missed 3 games and Finnegan and Langford may have missed one each. Amazing health on defense.

Offensive line got demolished, as usual. Accounts for the rest of that number

Are you counting the game in which he was injured despite the fact that he played most of it? (Or am I remembering it wrong, I tend to quickly erase memories of wholly irrelevant teams)

Ben was injured in the Kansas City game. He missed the rest of that, then three games afterwards (vs. the Rats twice, Cleveland)

3.5 games total.

Are you counting the game in which he was injured despite the fact that he played most of it? (Or am I remembering it wrong, I tend to quickly erase memories of wholly irrelevant teams)

You're forgetting the game where Sandwich broke his own ribs and Tomlin thought it was entertaining trying to watch him throw so he let him do it for the whole game.

tmdorsey

Hmm, maybe I'll be going to the Falcons/Seahawks game this Sunday........

Haven't been able to attend a game all season. Last time I attended a playoff game was during the '98 season when the Falcons defeated the 49ers in the Divisional Round (that was the game where Garrison Hearst broke his ankle).

If it's possible you have to come to the game. We need to do whatever it takes to get this win.

Godslay

Banned
Weirdly, before Bill Walsh and even into the 80s, QBs "called their own game". As far as Peyton, I remember in the preseason they were making a big deal that Peyton was running laps with the rest of the team when the offense was doing something wrong and all that. That he was just part of the team. Then after a preseason game Fox let his guard down and said that Peyton would play until he told Fox he was coming out

Just part of Peyton being a master PR guy. It doesn't help him to be seen as set apart or if he is de facto offensive coordinator, even if they are running the Indy offense and he is the one teaching it to McCoy and the rest of the staff

I haven't went through and examined the plays closely or looked back to see what Indy did at the time. SpinDasher has commented on how the Denver offense closely resembles what Indy had with Peyton. I agree with you that Peyton is the brains of the operation, and McCoy works with him. I could see how Peyton wouldn't undermine McCoy's credibility even if he (Peyton) was showing McCoy what he wants. I do think that they both have worked together though to blend the offense together with what Peyton does, with what McCoy has done prior. Elway has even said as much. Although you could "feel" how different the offense between McCoy and Peyton earlier in the year.

Well, you can tell on the sidelines the Peyton has a large influence even on FOX. Fox tends to want to be ,me more conservative on wins and just end the game. Peyton generally, pushes them to keep going. In particular, you could see this in late reversals on late drives were Fox is ready to knee. Peyton gets mad and the offense comes back out.

Still I have seen many situations Peyton was running with the team in practice and how he works with the team like a coach working on fumble prevention. Peyton has a lot of sway, but he gets involved in the dirty work like the rest of them.

Yeah alot of the guys have said he's basically like a coach in practice. I remember going way back when he would split off with Decker or DT and work with them on certain things. He's basically a player coach as far as I understand.

Plus, there are basically two types of head coaches that work. The hard asses that are super authoritarian like Mike Shanahan and demand strict discipline, and being a hard ass pushing the team through aggressiveness. Or the friend type that motivates the team by being their buddy and creating a we do it for love of the game and team style. Pete Carrol is more this style. John Fox also fits this style as he is always very friendly in his demeanor. He clearly relies on his assistants to be hard asses.

His approach allows for more input from a guy like Manning.

Fox is definitely a players coach.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/databases/20130109-nfl-team-by-team-injuries-can-cowboys-use-health-as-an-excuse.ece

Packers starters lost 83 games to injuries. 8 more than the next closest team (Redskins).

The whiny ass Steelers lost 52.

Thanks, I was looking for stats on this. There doesnt' seem to be a good place to look for regularly updated injury stats, you just have to find a guy that writes an article on it.

You know harson is still going to spin that shit to explain why the Steelers injuries were more significant anyway.

At this point Packers fans are used to it. Just shows how amazingly well this team is built; no other teams can really compare.

You hear all those stories about how progressive the SF front office is with hydration, nutrition, and caring for their players there. As impressive as the Packers ability to overcome injuries is, SF's ability to keep their players healthy consistently is equally impressive.

Top Bottom