• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Bowser

The Drive ‏@thedrivenc
LaCanfora on John Gruden: "People told me that the one coaching job that would have really gotten him excited was Carolina."

Meh. If Chucky really wants the job, it could be open next year.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...n-manning-indy-offense-ignited-denver-broncos

Weird that we were talking about this. Chris Brown has a piece on Grantland about Denver's offense with Manning. fwiw Belichick says it's the same thing he did in IND

Shoutout to UNC HC Larry Fedora!

Bowser

NFL Network's La Canfora said that he spoke with representatives of John Gruden and his would-be coaching staff, and he was holding out for the Carolina Panthers job. Said he already developed a Chip Kelly type playbook for the Panthers offense. Wanted to choose his own GM.

Hrm. Oh well, not happening now.

Just read that Redskins might not get a new stadium if they don't change their name. A part of me hopes they would relocate to San Antonio, but honestly, I know that won't happen. Anyways, any ideas on what they would even change their name to, that correlates with their color scheme?

Washington Ronald's?

ronald-mcdonald-profile.jpg

KaYotiX

Banned
Thanks, I was looking for stats on this. There doesnt' seem to be a good place to look for regularly updated injury stats, you just have to find a guy that writes an article on it.

You know harson is still going to spin that shit to explain why the Steelers injuries were more significant anyway.

At this point Packers fans are used to it. Just shows how amazingly well this team is built; no other teams can really compare.
Agree, I posted that article to all my bitchy cowboys fans on Facebook. I'm sure they will find some way to spin it like usuall.

Bowser

kind of funny he's just going to wait Rivera out, though that's what Cowher seems to be doing with Coughlin

If all that is actually true, he won't get to pick his own GM, so dunno if he'll still have interest next year provided there's an opening. Mike Freeman of CBS has reported he's open to coming back but no one's interested in him:

4. While Jon Gruden is indeed prepared to come back and coach in the NFL, so far there's not a great deal of interest from teams. So far. That could change, but while Gruden, according to a variety of sources, has put together a staff, he doesn't have a place to go. One team looking for a coach explained its lack of interest in Gruden this way. "You don't know if he's in this for the love or the ego," said the source.

There's no question Gruden loves the job but there's also no question he enjoys the chase. He's the Chip Kelly of ex-coaches. One place to keep an eye on with Gruden is Philadelphia, but the Eagles' intense pursuit of Kelly says that maybe they aren't eyeing him as some in the league believe.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...injury-could-lead-to-changes-on-nfl-sidelines

RBH

Gruden back in the NFC South would be fun to see.

That would give us more opportunities for Grudenface.jpg and Grudenface.gif

Striker

Marc Ross is safe. Good to hear. Losing guys like this just puts more weight on Jerry Reese's plate. Re-build the OL and add some pieces on the DL (cut Osi and Tuck).

Bowser

Looks like Marc Ross remains with the Giants. Sucks to lose Gettleman who's ever bit as important though. Congrats Panthers...

Poor guy, seems like dude is being used as a Rooney rule candidate. He's had I think 7 interviews in the past 2 years and not one offer. I know the Giants are happy to keep him, but you gotta think the guy's getting a little frustrated.

Bowser said:
He's had I think 7 interviews in the past 2 years and not one offer. I know the Giants are happy to keep him, but you gotta think the guy's getting a little frustrated.
He'll have his time. I think he understands that. Gettleman had the position or director of player personnel before moving to the senior analyst spot for the Giants and he's been part of the organization for 15 years now. Marc is a young guy. He's been the director of college scouting for 5 years. The fact that he's gotten that much interest in two years considering his short tenure should say a lot about the work he's done for us...

Mind you the Jets GM position is still out there but do you really want to be stuck with Rex calling the shots? I doubt it.

WedgeX

Banned
Just read that Redskins might not get a new stadium if they don't change their name. A part of me hopes they would relocate to San Antonio, but honestly, I know that won't happen. Anyways, any ideas on what they would even change their name to, that correlates with their color scheme?

Washington Ronald's?

They could just pull a sports classic and take the name Senators. No one cares about Ottawa anyways.

Bowser

He'll have his time. I think he understands that. Gettleman had the position or director of player personnel before moving to the senior analyst spot for the Giants and he's been part of the organization for 15 years now. Marc is a young guy. He's been the director of college scouting for 5 years. The fact that he's gotten that much interest in two years considering his short tenure should say a lot about the work he's done for us...

Mind you the Jets GM position is still out there but do you really want to be stuck with Rex calling the shots? I doubt it.

I agree at some point he'll end up a GM. Problem is when you have so many interviews and no bites, you develop a stigma (as unfair and/or undeserved as it may be). Rivera had 9 HC interviews before he finally got the Panthers gig, and you have people pointing to his performance and saying "well, that's why it took him 9 interviews."

Bowser

Credit to Pro Football Weekly for having this days ago:

From everything I hear, (Giants senior pro personnel analyst) Dave Gettlemen is (consultant) Ernie Accorsi‘s guy. Accorsi recommended him for the job in Cleveland when Mike Holmgren took over. (Gettlemen) is not a self-promoter like too many of these (candidates). He’s a meat-and-potatoes, salt-of-the-earth kind of guy. He’ll clean it up fast, and he can work with anyone. You don’t see his name out there a lot or hear about him because he just goes about his business and gets the job done. He’s been a big part of the fabric in the Giants’ front office for a long time. He deserves a shot.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2013/01/06/insider-brandon-makes-great-hire-in-marrone

mr2xxx

Banned

Washington Ronald's?

'

Where are they planning to put a new stadium, back in DC? Also no way they change the name after this long of a period. It doesn't seem like there is a big enough movement to get the name changed.

Can someone post the Madden Curse gif of Calvin Johnson- the one that shows how all the other Lions receivers were injured? I can't seem to find it..

Can someone post the Madden Curse gif of Calvin Johnson- the one that shows how all the other Lions receivers were injured? I can't seem to find it..

I believe one of our own Lions fans made it himself, WedgeX maybe?

I really have a hard time telling those Lions fans apart. (racist)

effzee

Any update on when the Eagles are interviewing Bradley (Seattle DC)?

All the other candidates had concrete announced interviews. Lovie is tomorrow and I know the Eagles site said they are interviewing Bradley but there seems to be no date.

KaYotiX

Banned
You hear all those stories about how progressive the SF front office is with hydration, nutrition, and caring for their players there. As impressive as the Packers ability to overcome injuries is, SF's ability to keep their players healthy consistently is equally impressive.

Very and like Ez said, 8 starters all year? Crazy.

Top Bottom