• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Godslay

Banned
Happy to get tickets, but stressed about driving in for the game with the upcoming storm. Sometimes I fly, sometimes I drive. Most of the time I've been lucky driving. Hopefully that can continue..

In the 8 seasons that I've had tickets, these playoffs have me pumped up the most.
Extremely excited.

You lucky bastard. I need to move back to either CO or WY.

jmdajr

Junior Seau’s brain had signs of CTE, researchers say

hmm, did this story just come out this morning? They were talking about it on the radio.

Former San Diego Chargers linebacker Junior Seau, who committed suicide last year, had signs of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy in his brain, ABC’s “Good Morning America” reported on Thursday.

CTE is a progressive degenerative disease of the brain found in athletes and others with a history of repetitive brain trauma.

squicken

New England is the only team with all 22 of its projected starters on the active playoff roster. Could finally be the year Brady gets that ring

Dutch Patriot said:
I went to see it in theaters in it's full 3D glory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qhgtmtcHnpc#t=22s

Seriously though, Dredd is one of the few movies that I prefer to watch in 3D at home. The effect actually adds to the experience for once.

eznark said:
Seau played fucking linebacker for 20 years. It would be a story if he didn't have signs of CTE.
Ross Tucker tweeted nearly the identical statement earlier:

Ross Tucker @RossTuckerNFL

Junior Seau played LB in NFL for 20 years. I'd have been shocked if his brain didn't have CTE

squicken

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8831246/bill-barnwell-saturday-slate-nfl-playoff-games

How easy? Well, consider this: The eight matchups Denver played in the second half were against teams who went a combined 44-84 this year. That's like the Broncos getting to play a bunch of 5-11 and 6-10 teams for an entire half-season. Since 1990, that's tied with another team for the easiest second-half slate enjoyed by a playoff participant across the entire era. Even if we adjust for the Broncos going 8-0 and take those losses off of those teams' records, Denver's strength of schedule in the second half was tied for the second-lowest in 23 years.

Can only play the teams on your schedule, but that's pretty striking. They'll probably beat BAL, but I think NE will paste them again. Not smoke and mirrors b/c we all know their schedule has been a joke, but to go so long playing bad teams, playing NE will be a system shock

squicken

More from Barnwell

The Packers are a staggering 1-13 when they fail to force at least one takeaway in a game under McCarthy, including a 1-10 record with Rodgers at the helm.

Playoff teams from 2006 to 2012 have gone 80-119 in games in which they haven't forced a takeaway, a winning percentage of just over 40 percent.

That's weird to me. The Rams were 0-6-1 when they didn't get a takeaway, but their offense sucks. You'd think a team like GB would Rodgers could score enough to not be so reliant on takeaways

Hunter S.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8831246/bill-barnwell-saturday-slate-nfl-playoff-games

Can only play the teams on your schedule, but that's pretty striking. They'll probably beat BAL, but I think NE will paste them again. Not smoke and mirrors b/c we all know their schedule has been a joke, but to go so long playing bad teams, playing NE will be a system shock

Lol, you love to cherry pick articles that suggest Denver is overrated. Truth is the majority of what is out there puts them as favorites. Vegas has had them as favorites for a long time. Though the criticism is fair, the broncos got their toughest teams early on before they really got chemistry with Manning. New England almost always wins at home, they are a much weaker road team.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Nobody is giving us a chance, which is why I think we'll win. It's illogical, and based on nothing, but now I am assured of it.

If Flacco can not be terrible, we win. IF.

squicken

Until they play Denver, the Pats last real* game will have been SF in Week 15. For Denver, it will be Week 5 vs New England

*Real teams are SEA, NE, DEN, ATL, GB, SF

KingKong

You really think NE will 'paste' them considering they'll be playing in Denver and New England is 29th in opponent passing yards despite only playing one team (Denver) with an elite qb?

Hunter S.

Nobody is giving us a chance, which is why I think we'll win. It's illogical, and based on nothing, but now I am assured of it.

If Flacco can not be terrible, we win. IF.

If the broncos sack Flacco like last time I doubt it. The last drive of the game is what I am thinking of when he was sacked twice in a row. I think the broncos will stop whatever run game you guys have and the pass rush will continue to be dominate. #1 sacking team, #3rush and pass defense. Everyone credits Manning because it is Manning, but those that follow the broncos know defense, and field position game is what has been causing them to have so many blowouts.

squicken

You really think NE will 'paste' them considering they'll be playing in Denver and New England is 29th in opponent passing yards despite only playing one team (Denver) with an elite qb?

I've thought all year NE and GB were on a collision course. Only roadblock will be SEA. That's a really tough game for GB. But they lucked out getting SF with no Aldon or Justin Smith, where SEA has a tough game vs ATL

Dragon

Banned

It's a little misleading. Not saying the secondary is good or anything but the Pats have run no huddle for large parts of the year. This allows them to run 90+ plays a game but also makes their time of possession numbers not very good. They're middle of the pack in TOP but they run the most plays per game in the league.

That said Denver can easily beat the Patriots. They almost came back from 31-7 in the first meeting.

TheFatOne

Does any Pats fan on this board have NFL rewind? I really want to know what the Pats were doing against HOU when they had those three and outs. From what I remember that's when they decided to chuck it deep, and the oline decided to play like shit.
Until they play Denver, the Pats last real* game will have been SF in Week 15. For Denver, it will be Week 5 vs New England

This is similar to what the Pats did last season. I remember watching ESPN and this was one of the first things people would mention. You can't really do anything about a week schedule,but this upcoming game against the Ravens will be a nice test.

At home, Baltimore is a "real team", whatever that means (but if you're including ATL, you include Baltimore@Baltimore), and they fucking smoked us.

So what is this "real team" concept? I see a list of what you perceive as the best six teams, but there are more than six teams in the NFL that are good, where winning against them should count as an accomplishment, instead of an inevitability.

I've thought all year NE and GB were on a collision course. Only roadblock will be SEA. That's a really tough game for GB. But they lucked out getting SF with no Aldon or Justin Smith, where SEA has a tough game vs ATL

If Sea can pull it out over the Fraudcons then I like our chances at home against them, especially without Clemons on their defense.

If the broncos sack Flacco like last time I doubt it. The last drive of the game is what I am thinking of when he was sacked twice in a row. I think the broncos will stop whatever run game you guys have and the pass rush will continue to be dominate. #1 sacking team, #3rush and pass defense. Everyone credits Manning because it is Manning, but those that follow the broncos know defense, and field position game is what has been causing them to have so many blowouts.

I am not arguing based on logic, or statistics, or anything tangible. It's based on gut.

Also, Peyton Manning does have a history of choking in the playoffs, which we seem to have forgotten. A home loss to a worse Baltimore team fits into that history.

Hunter S.

It's a little misleading.
That said Denver can easily beat the Patriots. They almost came back from 31-7 in the first meeting.

Exactly, and the broncos started out as a horrible 1st half team just like Tebow's broncos. They are now an average first half team and an incredible 2nd half team.

MechDX

I am not arguing based on logic, or statistics, or anything tangible. It's based on gut.

Also, Peyton Manning does have a history of choking in the playoffs, which we seem to have forgotten. A home loss to a worse Baltimore team fits into that history.

How come no one is mentioning that the high temp for Saturday in Denver will be 22? No one else curious as to how Manning will react to that? What is his record in freeze your balls off weather?

squicken

At home, Baltimore is a "real team", whatever that means (but if you're including ATL, you include Baltimore@Baltimore), and they fucking smoked us.

So what is this "real team" concept? I see a list of what you perceive as the best six teams, but there are more than six teams in the NFL that are good, where winning against them should count as an accomplishment, instead of an inevitability.

Have to be able to beat the other teams to be on the list. Maybe I am giving too much credit to ATL. Really would suck for the fans if they lost again.

Mularkey's gone.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Jaguars dismissed Mike Mularkey.

Don't really know how good of a coach he is, but that is a true fucking. Shit roster. Awful GM. Blaine Gabbert doesn't develop and it's his fault? Still gets paid but that was tough

TheFatOne

It's a little misleading. Not saying the secondary is good or anything but the Pats have run no huddle for large parts of the year. This allows them to run 90+ plays a game but also makes their time of possession numbers not very good. They're middle of the pack in TOP but they run the most plays per game in the league.

That had more to do with the Patriots then Denver. I don't buy that Denver defense. They have played a ton of shit offenses, and I don't believe they match up well against the Pats.

Top Bottom