• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Talon

Maybe.

But you could make the most hilarious teen comedy in history in the world and you probably wouldn't stand a chance. The field always feels skewed. Historical content, drama, starved actors playing ugly, social criticism and shit endings all seem to be awarded bonus points.
This is a pretty lazy statement, particularly considering this year's field.

Amour
Argo
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Django Unchained
Les mis

Life of Pi
Lincoln
Silver Linings Playbook
Zero Dark Thirty

You have effectively a fairy tale movie, a love letter to spaghetti westerns, a musical, a beautiful adaptation of a book, and a romantic comedy about depression.

The Academy's full of old farts for sure - I don't get how Anna Karenina didn't get an Editing nomination. Movie wasn't great, but those theater scenes were remarkably seamless. However, the best picture nominations tend to do a good job of capturing the breadth of films out there.

Also, I'm surprised The Master wasn't nominated for BP. Huh.

You've posted it like 5 times already; of course i've read it!

My point is nobody cares. Peyton Manning is considered to be the greatest QB of all time. Unfortunately that's a double edged sword. Meaning that he takes the blame when his team loses.

As he should - if you want the credit for being great, you need to accept the blame for losing. If poor field position is your burden, then accept it and push through or be doomed to continue losing.

I've never agreed with the "take responsibility for wins, take responsibility for losses".

That kind of dogma made sense before we had the ability to get detailed analysis of plays and stats, but now it's far easier to identify the weakest or strongest links on teams. I hope that "if you want to be great, take responsibility for losses" dies along with "swagger", "momentum", and "rusty players".

Dre3001

Glad the new GM got rid of Mularkey he was horrible

Jack Del Rio had the exact same roster last year and got more wins

Not to mention there were tons of rumors saying the team quit on Mularkey halfway through the season and were not fans of his practices

Granted the Jags roster is horrible but Mularkey was even worse at evaluating talent

The lead receiver for the Jags, Cecil Shorts did not get a starting spot until week 6 despite leading the Jags in receiving the first 5 weeks. Amazing he still finished 20 yards shy of 1000 yards with our horrible QBs, missing two games due to injuries, and not starting until week 6.

Hopefully Jags can get a good coach now

jbug617

Banned
Glad the new GM got rid of Mularkey he was horrible

Jack Del Rio had the exact same roster last year and got more wins

Not to mention there were tons of rumors saying the team quit on Mularkey halfway through the season and were not fans of his practices

Granted the Jags roster is horrible but Mularkey was even worse at evaluating talent

The lead receiver for the Jags, Cecil Shorts did not get a starting spot until week 6 despite leading the Jags in receiving the first 5 weeks. Amazing he still finished 20 yards shy of 1000 yards with our horrible QBs, missing two games due to injuries, and not starting until week 6.

Hopefully Jags can get a good coach now

Rumor is that 49ers OC is getting the job.

I've never agreed with the "take responsibility for wins, take responsibility for losses".

That kind of dogma made sense before we had the ability to get detailed analysis of plays and stats, but now it's far easier to identify the weakest or strongest links on teams. I hope that "if you want to be great, take responsibility for losses" dies along with "swagger", "momentum", and "rusty players".

So then would you agree that Peyton Manning wasn't good enough to win those games he lost?

Dre3001

Rumor is that 49ers OC is getting the job.

Yea thats what everyone is reporting

Anyone but Mularkey honestly as long as it isnt some lame duck losing coach like what the previous Gm brought in

With that said

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBSPlayers in Jax won't be upset Mularkey is gone

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBSBruce Arians should be a strong candidate in Jax.

So then would you agree that Peyton Manning wasn't good enough to win those games he lost?

iMf0koFP31zjw.gif

Godslay

Banned
Goddamn @ that Denzel gif.

I'm still not in Denver yet. Be jealous if I can make it. :p
Weather reports keep bouncing around..
I'd prefer to go through I80 and drop in from the north and hit Ft. Collins and get some draft at the New Belgium brewery or Odells. Kind of been a game trip tradition.

Good luck with the drive. I would always come straight down I25. Just the mention of New Belgium make me crave a Blue Paddle Pilsner.

Joel Dressen has been tag teaming With Tamme all year. Peyton throws to a lot of guys compared to most QBs.

Well we got two 6 foot 3 inch guys making the most impressive plays in Thomas and Decker. We have not been blessed with a hipopotumus like gronk yet.

Hearing that Virgil Green might be worked into this game. He's close to Gronk size 6'3" 250 vs 6'6" 265.

Now if can we can just get Julius Thomas to play we will have our own Gronk. 6'5" 245, athletic, former basketball player.

Greg

Hearing that Virgil Green might be worked into this game. He's close to Gronk size 6'3" 250 vs 6'6" 265.

Now if can we can just get Julius Thomas to play we will have our own Gronk. 6'5" 245, athletic, former basketball player.
Speaking of basketball... I heard Jimmy Graham played.

edit: damn you, yankeehater

I think he was responsible for a lot of his early career playoff losses, yes. His latest playoff losses? It would be hard to argue that he was the reason why they lost. Caldwell and our special teams pretty much lost the wild card his last Colts season.

The point that i'm trying to get across is that people like it both ways with Peyton. In the regular season against plebs he's amazing and the best ever and other such cocksucking. Then in the playoffs against the best teams, arguments like field position get brought up. What was the difference between now and the regular season when the dude was rifling off wins? He's Peyton Manning. If he's so awesome at dismantling scrubs then in the playoffs when the competition increases it should similarly not be that big a deal.

I think you would agree that Manning is better than Ben Roethlisberger. So why all of a sudden does it matter what the field position is for Peyton? He's Peyton Manning, best QB ever.

Godslay

Banned
The difference between 6'3" and 6'6" at that position is massive.

Also, the whole skill and ability thing.

Sure. Gronk is obviously a better TE than the two listed. The size on each vary as well, NFL.Com lists both at 6'5", while other sites list Green at 6'3". I picked the smaller of the two.

Those two were drafted to fit the mold of a Gronk though. Thomas was selected to be similar to Gronk/Graham in terms of size and ability to catch and make plays.

Sounds like Jimmy Graham, did he also have a rough childhood?

Not sure. Can't find much about his background.

Thankfully the gameplan for beating the Packers D is 'do anything'.

Didn't you hear? Packers beat joe Webb so they've pretty much already beat kap. Same qb cause they're both black and run. Our only hope is some taints against Rodgers which is impossible since he is the greatest QB in the history of the league

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Didn't you hear? Packers beat joe Webb so they've pretty much already beat kap. Same qb cause they're both black and run. Our only hope is some taints against Rodgers which is impossible since he is the greatest QB in the history of the league

Joe Webb doesn't have tat sleeves. Copernicus ain't no cornball brother.

Greg

I don't know... Kap's Total QBR is better than Rodgers since he's started. I'm afraid this one is already in the books.

jakncoke

Banned
god i hate people. this 13 yo got raped in this town 20 miles from me. what the school kids reaction? bully,joke and threaten her. wtf? /rant

Striker

god i hate people. this 13 yo got raped in this town 20 miles from me. what the school kids reaction? bully,joke and threaten her. wtf? /rant
What school?

The rape case from Steubenville is the big one around here, although it is finally getting national publicity.

Sanjuro

I fucked up in trivia the other night. Asked which other quarterback besides Brady started in five Super Bowls. Best I could come up with was Jim Kelly, but as soon as I handed in the paper all my blocked childhood memories were unlocked and I remembered who John Elway was again.

Gah.

The point that i'm trying to get across is that people like it both ways with Peyton. In the regular season against plebs he's amazing and the best ever and other such cocksucking. Then in the playoffs against the best teams, arguments like field position get brought up. What was the difference between now and the regular season when the dude was rifling off wins? He's Peyton Manning. If he's so awesome at dismantling scrubs then in the playoffs when the competition increases it should similarly not be that big a deal.

I think you would agree that Manning is better than Ben Roethlisberger. So why all of a sudden does it matter what the field position is for Peyton? He's Peyton Manning, best QB ever.

Because it's still possible to lose games despite great QB play, even in the regular season. As that prior post showed, Manning actually retains one of the highest levels of his regular season stats in the post season, but it's not always enough. He's played amazing games in the regular season, only for their team to lose. A clutch quarterback means jack shit when your defense that allows 12 straight completions to QBs, when your receivers drop balls on third down, and when your special teams are horrid.

I think we're arguing the same thing in a way, but it's frustrating (particularly as a Colts fan) to hear the same old "but will Manning choke?" BS spread in the postseason, when Manning's play in the postseason for the last 5-6 years has been great, even if you're just looking at the stat line. It's like being surrounded by ESPN analysts for weeks on end.

A win is a win!

a GM has to show some restraint - you can't go around making out without everything shirtless

I forgot he was in the Shirtless League...Now I need somebody else.

I fucked up in trivia the other night. Asked which other quarterback besides Brady started in five Super Bowls. Best I could come up with was Jim Kelly, but as soon as I handed in the paper all my blocked childhood memories were unlocked and I remembered who John Elway was again.

Gah.

Are those trivia nights in bars as fun as they seem? They don't do that here. Will you take me to one whenever I'm in Boston?

Top Bottom