• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Hunter S.

I am not arguing based on logic, or statistics, or anything tangible. It's based on gut.

Also, Peyton Manning does have a history of choking in the playoffs, which we seem to have forgotten. A home loss to a worse Baltimore team fits into that history.

Yeah he did early on though the broncos defense is nothing like the colts, even if the offense is the same. The fact is the divisional round gives the home team the advantage more than any playoff round in America's four major sports. No guarantees, but the bye week does wonders to heal bodies.

Godslay

Banned
I am not arguing based on logic, or statistics, or anything tangible. It's based on gut.

Also, Peyton Manning does have a history of choking in the playoffs, which we seem to have forgotten. A home loss to a worse Baltimore team fits into that history.

I understand what you are saying Larry. Last year when we played the Steelers I felt the same way. It worked out. I felt the same way as well when we played the Pats. It didn't work out so hot. I guess only time will tell.

As far as Peyton choking, it could happen again. I feel that when you win it all, the choking idea goes out the window. Whatever though. Saturday will tell us all we need to know.

Why are we talking Pats-Broncos? Did the Texans forfeit?

I'll give the Texans-Pats game another look tonight I think, FatOne. See what's up.

Hunter S.

How come no one is mentioning that the high temp for Saturday in Denver will be 22? No one else curious as to how Manning will react to that? What is his record in freeze your balls off weather?

Haha, that is why he started wearing a glove. Playing in a Dome just fucks many QBs up when they face the elements. The funny thing is the weather has hit °50 all week here.

Shaubs bald head will freeze in the AFC championship game.

Why are we talking Pats-Broncos? Did the Texans forfeit?

I'll give the Texans-Pats game another look tonight I think, FatOne. See what's up.

We're already talking Seattle Packers too.

Harbro is going to come up with some crazy 2 QB scheme with Alex and Kaep on the field together and the Packers will be doomed.

MechDX

Haha, that is why he started wearing a glove. Playing in a Dome just fucks many QBs up when they face the elements. The funny thing is the weather has hit °50 all week here.

But the high prediction for Saturday is 22, it is a releveant question. What is the coldest weather game the Broncos have played this year?

As much as I hate Schaub he has proven in the past he can do cold weather. The Packers game 3 years ago the high was in the teens and Schaub had a really good game.

xnipx

Baltimore lost 15-12 to Peyton in the divisional round at home the year they won the super bowl. Home field means nothing. Flacco can play in the cold.

We are sending ray out on a high note, not on a loss at mile high

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

One of Shoobss best games ever was at Green bay and it was cold as hell, can't recall if it was snowing.

Then again that Schoob was better and not under the pressure of having to actually win an important game.

^damn joo Mech

Baltimore lost 15-12 to Peyton in the divisional round at home the year they won the super bowl. Home field means nothing. Flacco can play in the cold.

We are sending ray out on a high note, not on a loss at mile high

Whilst Ray sits on the bench I hope? Dude will get shredded by Peyton, he was tuuuurrible in the Colts game.

ari

Banned
the academy award noms of this year fucking sucks. What a boring bunch of nominees, both lincoln and zero dark thirty were oscar baiting projects and they succeeded spectacularly. Shame on you academy...shame on you.

oh, and no affleck as best director for Argo confirms it. Wow.

TheFatOne

But the high prediction for Saturday is 22, it is a releveant question. What is the coldest weather game the Broncos have played this year?

As much as I hate Schaub he has proven in the past he can do cold weather. The Packers game 3 years ago the high was in the teens and Schaub had a really good game.

Here, you go. I'm trying to find his overall record in the cold.
ESPN Article said:
Manning has never won a playoff game when the temperature at kickoff is below 40 degrees, losing in the postseason at New England (twice) and at the New York Jets. He threw one touchdown and seven interceptions in those games for a 46.2 passer rating, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Talon

"Oscar baiting" as a complaint has never made any sense to me.

Yes, the movie was made with the intention of being considered one of the best films in the year.

ari

Banned

Yes, the movie was made with the intention of being considered one of the best films in the year.

I like movies that don't wink at me while i am trying to enjoy the film.

If I'm just picking teams, it's Denver > Seattle > the rest. But I think one of those top 2 loses this sunday. Both Atlanta and Baltimore will be playing like football is going to be cancelled forever and this weekend is it, so I'm hesitant to count either of them out.

Denver at least is playing at home.

We're already talking Seattle Packers too.

Harbro is going to come up with some crazy 2 QB scheme with Alex and Kaep on the field together and the Packers will be doomed.
:jnc

Losing to an experimental double QB offense would be a very Packers thing to do.

ari

Banned
Zero Dark Thirty is the opposite of Oscar-bait. There's no swelling, emotional moments, no overblown performances, no black-and-white message. It's a military-procedural about an obsessed CIA operative.

I enjoyed both movies, but this years of noms just felt typical. meh

How come no one is mentioning that the high temp for Saturday in Denver will be 22? No one else curious as to how Manning will react to that? What is his record in freeze your balls off weather?

I read this in my local paper the other day. Don't know what his regular season numbers are, but the article said in cold weather playoff games he is 0-3. 1 game to the Jets and 2 to the Pats*.

I didn't like hearing that Peyton was trying a glove. Unless a guy is used to the glove, it usually only hurts their game. I remember Montana in KC started his playoff game against the Steelers with a glove, played like crap, took it off and then started lighting things up. Conversely, Ben has been playing in cold weather for years with a glove and has no issues with it.

Turnstile

You lucky bastard. I need to move back to either CO or WY.
I'm still not in Denver yet. Be jealous if I can make it. :p
Weather reports keep bouncing around..
I'd prefer to go through I80 and drop in from the north and hit Ft. Collins and get some draft at the New Belgium brewery or Odells. Kind of been a game trip tradition.

Hunter S.

Typical Broncos fan not knowing his own Tight End. Send him to New England we love Tight Ends.

Joel Dressen has been tag teaming With Tamme all year. Peyton throws to a lot of guys compared to most QBs.

Well we got two 6 foot 3 inch guys making the most impressive plays in Thomas and Decker. We have not been blessed with a hipopotumus like gronk yet.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...practice/89b3f47c-876f-47cb-8fb3-944420a83bf9

Quotes and comments from Texans Wednesday practice and conference calls with Belichek and company. The most boring shit I have ever read! Both coaches are boring and their players sound exactly like their head coaches.

Zzzzzzz I haven't even read any quotes regarding the game, figured it would be the same old boring shit and the Pats saying they respect us lol till they rip our throats out.... again.

TheFatOne

I found this on a Jets blog. I wonder why they separated it into career, and then last 5 seasons.
Peyton Manning – Career Stats in Games Under 40 Degrees:

292-453, 3553 yards, 23 TDs, 14 INT (64.5%, 7.8 ypa, 92.5 QB rating)

Peyton Manning – Last Five Seasons: Stats in Games Under 40 Degrees:

165-235, 2132 yards, 16 TDs, 9 INT (70.2%, 9.1 ypa, 105.1 QB rating)

Turnstile

Manning has been practicing with the glove for awhile.. He then started to wear it in a few games and I actually think his stats improved.
Better grip while his nerves continue to regenerate and protects from the cold.
United in orange. United with glove.

Milchjon

Winming the Oscar != best in most cases.

That's why it makes sense in a lot of cases.

ari said:
both lincoln and zero dark thirty were oscar baiting projects
Both were excellent, so? Lincoln is one of Spielberg's most reserved pictures in terms of supposed "oscar baiting". Outside of handling of the assassination, its a political procedural film with one of the best performances of the year by Daniel Day Lewis and one hell of a supporting cast.

...and :jnc at Zero Dark being Oscar bait.

It is clear that you read my post.
You've posted it like 5 times already; of course i've read it!

My point is nobody cares. Peyton Manning is considered to be the greatest QB of all time. Unfortunately that's a double edged sword. Meaning that he takes the blame when his team loses.

As he should - if you want the credit for being great, you need to accept the blame for losing. If poor field position is your burden, then accept it and push through or be doomed to continue losing.

LevelNth

Banned
Greg Roman and Brian Schottenheimer are candidates in Jacksonville. THAT SEEMS LIKE A HARD CHOICE
Wouldn't mind Roman going to Jax, his playcalling is spotty. Smith would surely go with, so hopefully we fleece the Jags for that too and add even more picks for next year.

I'm not saying he's bad. But what has he ever done do demonstrate that he's good? He probably helped max out Sanchez, and Bradford had his best year with him. But those aren't really accomplishments

I agree. I wouldnt hire lil Schotty for any reason. But the Jags arnt exactly a top destination and so if they cant get the guy they ant they are going to have to settle. Roman seems like a bit of a hot name, I wouldnt be surprised if he turned them down.

Milchjon

But nominated = considered one of the best holds true most times.
Maybe.

But you could make the most hilarious teen comedy in history in the world and you probably wouldn't stand a chance. The field always feels skewed. Historical content, drama, starved actors playing ugly, social criticism and shit endings all seem to be awarded bonus points.

Top Bottom