• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Neither. Step back from the harson ledge.

Just saying, it's been awhile since they hit a home run in the draft. At some point, somebody will have to answer for the diminishing returns. Rooneys are already pulling the strings on coordinators, can't imagine they'll sit still if the L column keeps growing.

Bowser

Joe Person @josephperson
#Panthers coach Ron Rivera interviewed #Bears special teams coach Dave Toub on Wed., per league source. The 2 were together in Chicago.

If we can get Toub to run our STs...

7hRts.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Was looking at our previous drafts, for whatever reason clicked om Emmanuel Sanders, wtf he already 29(fake edit pfr is wrong on his age only 25)

Was looking at our previous drafts, for whatever reason clicked om Emmanuel Sanders, wtf he already 29(fake edit pfr is wrong on his age only 25)

Brown was probably their best steal in the last 3 or 4 years, but he regressed a bit this year, though he was injured some. Jury will still be out on the '12 guys of Decastro, Adams and Beechum. 1 or 2 of them should stick. There's Pouncey from '10, but he's overrated IMO. Good, but not dominant like the centers they've had of yore. Keenan Lewis, if he stays, or Cortez Allen may mature. Everyone thought Wallace was a home run, but he's just like Tomlin said, one trick pony.

Godslay

Banned
Well, Tam me was brought into give Manning familiarity.

Yeah, those guys got the muscle and the height, compared to Dressen and Tamme. If the can start next season they might be more of a threat than our starters. I have not heard much about them to judge.

Green is a great blocker, Thomas hasn't been when he has come in. Thomas' very first snap resulted in Orton getting blown up so long ago iirc. I think both can make plays, but they are young and raw and not quite up to speed like Dreessen and Tamme. I think they will get there though. Thomas has a higher ceiling than Green, but he has a long way to go skill wise.

The good thing is, I think we will allow them to continue to develop. I wasn't so sure we would hold on to Thomas, but we have and it's a good sign, especially coming off an ankle injury.

jakncoke

Banned
Brown was probably their best steal in the last 3 or 4 years, but he regressed a bit this year, though he was injured some. Jury will still be out on the '12 guys of Decastro, Adams and Beechum. 1 or 2 of them should stick. There's Pouncey from '10, but he's overrated IMO. Good, but not dominant like the centers they've had of yore. Keenan Lewis, if he stays, or Cortez Allen may mature. Everyone thought Wallace was a home run, but he's just like Tomlin said, one trick pony.

Pouncey also has brittle legs.

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly

RT @jaguars: Caldwell: I can't imagine a scenario where Tim Tebow would be Jacksonville Jaguar.

Well, that's that. Guess he's out of a job because I can't fathom anyone else wanting him.

Tamanon

Banned
Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly

RT @jaguars: Caldwell: I can't imagine a scenario where Tim Tebow would be Jacksonville Jaguar.

Well, that's that. Guess he's out of a job because I can't fathom anyone else wanting him.

Technically speaking, he can't really say anything about Tebow as a Jaguar to begin with, due to tampering charges.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

So you want the Steelers to be able to consistently find hall of famers out of the ether? Why couldn't they get Calvin Johnson in the 4th round? THEY SUCK, THAT'S WHY!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
While true, I'd imagine he'd use a more diplomatic statement if he had interest but didn't want to tamper.

Why? Just from a practical point its in his best interest to pretend like he has no interest in Tebow at all even if he does.

What kind of GM would say to the media that hes interested in another player whos under contract on another team?

Also pretty good chance the guy is slamming the door on the Jaguars staying in Jacksonville. If Khan really wants Tebow to be the starting QB for the Jags then he will be regardless of whatever Caldwell wants.

Why? Just from a practical point its in his best interest to pretend like he has no interest in Tebow at all even if he does.

What kind of GM would say to the media that hes interested in another player whos under contract on another team?

Also pretty good chance the guy is slamming the door on the Jaguars staying in Jacksonville. If Khan really wants Tebow to be the starting QB for the Jags then he will be regardless of whatever Caldwell wants.

Why the hell would he want Tebow for starting QB? So he could sell 500 more tickets for two weeks?

CBS is hoping for a Denver Vs San Fran SB - just like was in 90 when it was in New Orleans.

I'm terrified it will be Denver vs Gb in the Super Bowl. I have no fucking clue who to side with.

The Packers have been my team since I was 5.
I've lived in Denver for 9 years now and I love this town and the Broncos.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I'm terrified it will be Denver vs Gb in the Super Bowl. I have no fucking clue who to side with.

The Packers have been my team since I was 5.
I've lived in Denver for 9 years now and I love this town and the Broncos.

Go for the revenge pick. I still remember how pissed my family was when the Packers lost that Super Bowl.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
darkside loves Tebow and can't fathom why no one wants to give him a chance

Honestly I couldn't care less.

The Jaguars can't sell tickets and can't win football games. The latter isn't getting fixed, the former is an easy fix. What Caldwell thinks about Tebow doesn't really matter much, if Khan wants him then thats where he will be.

Tamanon

Banned

The Jaguars can't sell tickets and can't win football games. The latter isn't getting fixed, the former is an easy fix. What Caldwell thinks about Tebow doesn't really matter much, if Khan wants him then thats where he will be.

Jags are selling tickets relatively well.

Bowser

The latter can certainly be fixed. Winning will put more long-term butts in the seat, more than a Tebow sideshow experiment for one season. They were perennial contenders several years ago (2005-2007?). They just need to get the QB position figured out with a real, long-term solution and let the rest fall into place.

If it weren't for Aaron GAF I'd root for the Packers. I remember when the fans used to cuss Aaron out when he was driving down the road for "kicking Favre out of town".

Who said anything about showing interest? I said "diplomatic".

Dre3001

Loving the new GM shutting down all the Tebow loving idiots

Jags also havent had a blackout in 3 years and have the best attendance out of all the Florida teams(Bucs and Dolphins)so all the idiots saying the team is moving can shut that noise up as well

Khan at the press conference today was saying he wanted Tebow on the team but trusts the new GM and will let him run the team his own way

Glad the owner is not pulling a Jerry Jones and letting the GM run the team

Jags may finally be moving in a positive direction for once

Godslay

Banned
Loving the new GM shutting down all the Tebow loving idiots

Jags also havent had a blackout in 3 years and have the best attendance out of all the Florida teams(Bucs and Dolphins)so all the idiots saying the team is moving can shut that noise up as well

Khan at the press conference today was saying he wanted Tebow on the team but trusts the new GM and will let him run the team his own way

Glad the owner is not pulling a Jerry Jones and letting the GM run the team

Jags may finally be moving in a positive direction for once

Blasphemy in the written form. I fear for your soul.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If it weren't for Aaron GAF I'd root for the Packers. I remember when the fans used to cuss Aaron out when he was driving down the road for "kicking Favre out of town".

Fans on GAF? I wasn't around for that though >.>

I was always Pro-Rodgers. After the 2005 season, I really thought that Green Bay needed to get Favre's successor. I mean, he was 35 or 36 then?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Would be weird if both RG3 and Andrew Luck had career ending injuries and Russell Wilson was the only successful QB from this last draft.

squicken

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Jaguars requested permission from Rams to interview OC Brian Schottenheimer for their HC job, per league source.

Spinluck

I am not arguing based on logic, or statistics, or anything tangible. It's based on gut.

Also, Peyton Manning does have a history of choking in the playoffs, which we seem to have forgotten. A home loss to a worse Baltimore team fits into that history.

Last time I remember a legit Manning playoff choke was 05.

You could count the Tracy Porter pick 6 if you'd like , but that was just a great play. Seemed like he was completely fooled rather than a fold under pressure, he had a good drive going.

Peyton has owned the Ravens for a while in both the post season and regular season. And the Broncos have really come together quickly. It's quite impressive. It's like Favre's first year with the Vikes, except the Broncos have a better QB.

brentech

Fans on GAF? I wasn't around for that though >.>

I was always Pro-Rodgers. After the 2005 season, I really thought that Green Bay needed to get Favre's successor. I mean, he was 35 or 36 then?
Not sure either. I just remember when fans went to the practices in 2008 and chanted for Favre. I said fuck that. I don't care for people jerking me around, was happy to move on.
Everyone has to go sometime.

Top Bottom