• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

squicken

capturezvoem.jpg

What does that even mean?

Godslay

Banned
Not counting the last year, since they beat the Giants in the regular season, but the last three playoff eliminations for the Pats have come by teams they have beaten in the regular season.
Doesn't mean anything, but it is possible for Houston to pull it off.

2010 - Lost to Jets in Divisional - Beat Jets in Regular Season
2009 - Lost to Ravens in WildCard - Beat Ravens in Regular Season
2007 - Lost to Giants in Superbowl - Beat Giants in Regular Season

Tom Penny

Not counting the last year, since they beat the Giants in the regular season, but the last three playoff eliminations for the Pats have come by teams they have beaten in the regular season.

2007 - Lost to Giants in Superbowl - Beat Giants in Regular Season

Every playoff loss Brady has is a team he faced more than once.

squicken

That he's better at organizing and motivating than drawing up plays.

That's the way I took it, which seems like an insult more than a compliment. Whoever hires him will want him to run an offense. Like I said, the only game where I thought he just crapped the bed was the Jets game. Otherwise I don't really know how to separate his issues vs the players'

Vyer

Heard today that one thing both these teams had in common when winning that second game: they blitzed Brady far less in the playoffs.

Dragon

Banned
Heard today that one thing both these teams had in common when winning that second game: they blitzed Brady far less in the playoffs.

Yeah the Jets just had everyone covered.No one could get open in that game.But the Pats have a solid running game now so if they can't pass they can run.

"We done heard it all week now," Finley said. "We heard it last week before we even played. But at the end of the day, everyone's got to touch the grass and everyone's got to play 60 minutes. So, it's going to be a physical game. We know that. We've got to match it and come out physical ourselves."

The last time the two teams met, on Kickoff Weekend, 49ers All-Pro linebacker Patrick Williswas conspicuous by his absence on the field.

"Patrick Willis, he's more like finesse"

hmm

Tom Penny

Yeah the Jets just had everyone covered.No one could get open in that game.But the Pats have a solid running game now so if they can't pass they can run.

Worse game plan ever that game. They are in Dime and they ran the ball with WoodHead a million times and BJG didn't sniff the field the 2nd half.

squicken

"I tell you, he is really an impressive guy. I heard him talking to you guys yesterday and I always thought, when Peyton Manning, when you used to talk to him it would be like talking to half player and half coach. Some part of the conversation it would sound like you were talking to a coach. And I was listening to you guys yesterday talking to Russell Wilson and I had that same feeling. I said, 'This guy's Peyton Manning. He’s half a coach.'

"He must have been one of those guys that back in grammar school he was the class president, in high school he was that leader, and all those things in college. I know he went to two colleges but wherever he was he just looks like the guy that, once he walks in a room, he has control of that room. Once he walks into any situation, he has control of it. And I felt last week in that game when they were down 14-0 and they just kept chopping wood, just kept playing, playing, playing, winning the game that at no point did he ever look like that stage was too big for him."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/88217/88217

Can't say I've ever heard Matty Ice compared to Peyton

squicken

http://www.cantonrep.com/browns/x1922389630/What-we-hear-about-Zimmer-search-to-end-Sunday

Guess I didn't know this, but Michael Lombardi is working for the Browns, it's just unknown in what capacity, but they are still interviewing GMs

I just learned that I'm going to the Falcons/Seahawks game

Fucking pumped right now.

That's awesome! Congrats

I guess his playcalling has improved since his days with the Jets. An 11 yard pass on a 3rd and 12 is 100x better than a draw play.

Special this year was 3rd and long screen passes that got snuffed out and had to be thrown away. But is that his fault, or QB for not getting out of it?

Well got an interview for a management trainee position at Enterprise Rent a Car.

From what I hear they work you to death and underpay but its a start! Hopefully I can apply my knowledge of molecular biology if I get the job.

I literally just walked out of Enterprise 2 weeks ago without another job lined up because it was so shitty. I know a bunch of people in their MT program. They are a fucked up, evil company. Good luck dude

Top Bottom