• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

marino_full_effect.jpg

squicken

Chud was white hot last year, then Rivera went and shit away a bunch of games with punts and FGs and somehow Chud became poop.

Rams interviewed him, and supposedly they thought he couldn't work the big room. Smart, but not a leader of men. At least he can draw up good plays. Shurmur never could

edit: kave how do you not know of Chud? He was the cordinator in CLE when Derek Anderson had his one good year. The guy can coach an offense, but people bitched in CAR that he wasn't teaching Cam to play QB properly by doing all the read option stuff

Bowser

Chud was white hot last year, then Rivera went and shit away a bunch of games with punts and FGs and somehow Chud became poop.

Rams interviewed him, and supposedly they thought he couldn't work the big room. Smart, but not a leader of men. At least he can draw up good plays. Shurmur never could

Chud's playcalling was pretty shit the first half this season. He did well during our hot stretch to end the season though.

Oh well, bring in Norv!

Bowser

Also wouldn't mind Ken Whisenhunt as OC

I'm sure the play calling was fine. Scam cost you no less than 5 games himself

Chud installed the read option as our BASE offense for the first half of the season. Once Cam was put into a pro-style offense with read option wrinkles (like last season), he produced the best stretch of his career. So, uh, no.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

edit: kave how do you not know of Chud? He was the cordinator in CLE when Derek Anderson had his one good year. The guy can coach an offense, but people bitched in CAR that he wasn't teaching Cam to play QB properly by doing all the read option stuff

He made Derek Anderson and Braylon Edwards look competent.

So you're saying the team will fool me into happiness again...

FUCK YEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!

Palance1.gif

Chud's playcalling was pretty shit the first half this season. He did well during our hot stretch to end the season though.

Oh well, bring in Norv!

Hands off, Norv's coming to Dallas bro! Bringing back dem glory hole days.

Keith Britton ‏@KeithBritton86
Source says Chudzinski will likely bring Norv Turner as part of #Browns coaching staff

Well, that dream ended quickly for everyone involved.

squicken

WTF CHUD :|

Kinda wish he didn't get the job. Wanted to see how the team would have progressed in Year 3...*sigh*

It's why teams don't hire defensive coordinators to be head coaches. If you get a good OC, and he's working with your young QB, and they have just one good year, or even decent year, he's gone.

Bowser

Wouldn't be surprised if Chud brings Derek Anderson with him to Cleveland, he's a FA and the Panthers prob won't have the cap space to resign him as #2

Also wouldn't mind Ken Whisenhunt as OC

Chud installed the read option as our BASE offense for the first half of the season. Once Cam was put into a pro-style offense with read option wrinkles (like last season), he produced the best stretch of his career. So, uh, no.

let me troll you without you getting serious! this is the game we play!

Ugh, if Garrett is still calling plays next season I might have to squicken :( And I survived the Testaverde/Quincy Carter/Drew Henson years. Fuck Garrett!

Drakeon

Ugh, if Garrett is still calling plays I might have to squicken :( And I survived the Testaverde/Quincy Carter/Drew Henson years. Fuck Garrett!
It's alright bro, we all have to suffer some years in the cellar. You'll find your harbaugh some day. It may not be today, or tomorrow... Or 10 years from now, but someday.

squicken

See on Twitter from Pathers fans "he didn't use his $50m RBs". He didn't sign those guys. That's a disconnect between GM and coach.

If Browns are going with Norv, I'm guessing Haslam is paying a lot for assistants. But also, probably means pro-set, and Norv won't be shy about giving Richardson the ball

edit

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
Look for the #Browns to switch to a 3-4 attack defense.

Must already have DC. Romeo?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
See on Twitter from Pathers fans "he didn't use his $50m RBs". He didn't sign those guys. That's a disconnect between GM and coach.

If Browns are going with Norv, I'm guessing Haslam is paying a lot for assistants. But also, probably means pro-set, and Norv won't be shy about giving Richardson the ball

You just gave BG a massive boner.

Drakeon

Speaking as a third party, this sounds like a good deal for browns fans. Hopefully it means some playoff appearances in the next few years for you guys.

edit

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
Look for the #Browns to switch to a 3-4 attack defense.

Must already have DC. Romeo?

maybe my ideal/dream Offense can finally be realized, give Trent the Ball every play! Maybe we can get him to pass this year.
Is it FA/draft time yet ?

squicken

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
Panthers scored TDs on 25% of their drives w/ Rob Chudzinksi as off. coordinator during the last 2 seasons (4th-highest in NFL).

Two different teams, two different styles, two good offenses. Better than some retread like Whiz

It's alright bro, we all have to suffer some years in the cellar. You'll find your harbaugh some day. It may not be today, or tomorrow... Or 10 years from now, but someday.

Cellar is all I've known, bro. I became a Cowboys fan in the late 90s. I've witnessed one playoff win since, by wait for it......Tony "Super Clutch" Romo. This 8-8 business I find is worse than being completely awful though. I long for the Dave Campo years.

Drakeon

Cellar is all I've known, bro. I became a Cowboys fan in the late 90s. I've witnessed one playoff win since, by wait for it......Tony "Super Clutch" Romo. This 8-8 business I find is worse than being completely awful though. I long for the Dave Campo years.
Niners were pretty similar until last year. For gods sake, at least you didn't suffer the embarrassment of Mike Singletary coaching your team. I mean, look at browns fans. Cowboys really haven't had it all that bad.

I hope the Browns are good again. Tired of the same AFC teams every year.
Yeah I'm tired of crying myself to sleep listening to Adele albums.

If we switch to a 3-4 it'll be interesting to see how that effects our draft
Edit: what other teams interviewed the chudster?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah I'm tired of crying myself to sleep listening to Adele albums.

If we switch to a 3-4 it'll be interesting to see how that effects our draft

Until I hear it officially I won't believe it. Only Mary Kay has been saying we're switching to a 3-4, and she seems to be wrong about everything.

Top Bottom