• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

JABEE

Mech is taking it out on the wrong people. Dutch and Milch are good people. They did not know the evil ways of the Patriots when they joined the dark side. Let them cheer for their team in peace.

JABEE

PFT said:
Dick Jauron not likely to return as Browns defensive coordinator http://t.co/ZA55QIUy

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/290124629866065920

It’s not likely to happen. A source with knowledge of the situation says there’s only a small chance Jauron will return.

The Browns and Chudzinski instead plan to look elsewhere for someone to run the defense. It’s currently unknown whether the philosophical preference will be sticking with a 4-3 or switching back (again) to a 3-4 front.

Mrbob

Denver
Green Bay
Seattle
New England

Mark it down.

You bastard. You stole my locks of the weekend.

I'll be happy if the Niners win. I feel like they are the last line of defense between GB making the super bowl. Don't trust either Atlanta or Seattle to beat them.

eww just read the part where mech went nuts. Dutch and Milchjon are two of the nicest guys here. not cool

I missed this. But yeah, targeting them is just dumb. Might as well just punch a kitten and a puppy. If you're going to attack asshole Pats fans, look no further than me.

Godslay

Banned
The Sconi women wrote that song. I'm simply relaying the information.

It's better than the Pennsylvania version of the song where they sing "SEE YOU IN COURT!"

I said Goddamn!

First ez now Greg, jak you're going to have to lay off fucking around with Packers fans.

20 below in Denver after a bye. Ravens win...and not rolling with Alex Smith will doom the 9er's .

It's not 20 below! 17 F, partly cloudy, very little wind come game time.

Just saw that Nate Silver predicted NE-Seattle for the SB. Time to find out if he's actually a wizard or not.

He also said to bet on Seattle to win the whole thing.

Why doesn't Eagles-GAF grow during the postseason? :(

Eagles GAF just doesnt grow period. It is always the same like 5 people. Maybe if they had won a playoff game in the last 4 years more people would have shown up. It seems like the only groups that actually grow are the ones that are successful.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I can't believe the Kiffin to Dallas news. Forget about Ware, it doesn't fit with their secondary either. What are they going to do with Spencer? Put him on the line? He is shitty in space too. Sean Lee could be a good fit, I guess.

Tom Penny

I said Goddamn!

First ez now Greg, jak you're going to have to lay off fucking around with Packers fans.

Meant below 20 degrees and my theory stands !!!!

Hunter S.

I said Goddamn!

He also said that when not using the formula he likes the Patriots and the Broncos as best.

I can't believe the Kiffin to Dallas news. Forget about Ware, it doesn't fit with their secondary either. What are they going to do with Spencer? Put him on the line? He is shitty in space too. Sean Lee could be a good fit, I guess.

He's widely regarded as the reason the USC season went to shit this past season. Good hire...for those of us that love watching the Cowboys lose.

LOL. World of difference between 20 below and below 20. Haha. Either way I hope Ray stabs Melonhead in the neck tonight.

Milchjon

Eagles GAF just doesnt grow period. It is always the same like 5 people. Maybe if they had won a playoff game in the last 4 years more people would have shown up. It seems like the only groups that actually grow are the ones that are successful.

Feels like Eagles GAF was more prolific in past seasons. Some guys barely show up anymore. (I won't blame them).

Also, Browns have been growing steadily, so it can't be that!

Pimpwerx

Watching that little segment on Rodgers is depressing as fuck. I forgot Miami picked Ronnie Brown that draft. One guy isn't in the league anymore (that I know of). The other guy is a MVP candidate. Good thing we didn't grab that franchise QB. SMH. PEACE.

They cut Spencer to help get under the cap. I wouldnt be surprised to see several new faces on their defense next year.

Feels like Eagles GAF was more prolific in past seasons. Some guys barely show up anymore. (I won't blame them).

Also, Browns have been growing steadily, so it can't be that!

Browns GAF is growing cause everyone wants to get in before the superbowls start to roll in so as to not be labeled front runners.

Dosia

I said Goddamn!

He said with the line being 8-1 its hard not to pick them, but he would pick the Pats to win it.

Godslay

Banned

Fair enough. Cold is a factor, but it shouldn't be an excuse. If anything cold and elevation combined fair worse for the Ravens than the Broncos. I guess we will see come gametime.

He also said that when not using the formula he likes the Patriots and the Broncos as best.

Baseball and politics are easier to predict than football. Only time will tell I guess.

Mrbob

Packers are screwed if they listen to the Chris Carter game plan. He says Finley needs to step up and have a big game for GB to win. GBs best chance is to probably not even throw the ball his way.

Finley is going to be a Bear next season, I know it. :( At least I'll be able to take advantage of his overrated ass in Madden.

Tom Penny

LOL. World of difference between 20 below and below 20. Haha. Either way I hope Ray stabs Melonhead in the neck tonight.

It's cold and it's after a bye. 2 things Manning doesn't like in the playoffs. Realistically and statistically Ravens are fucked for sure though.

Godslay

Banned
He said with the line being 8-1 its hard not to pick them, but he would pick the Pats to win it.

Here's the quote:

But for gamblers out there, Silver thinks the Seahawks are a solid bet to win the Super Bowl. "The odds on Seattle to win the Super Bowl are 8-to-1. At that line, I think I would [bet on them]," Silver said. "If you want to pick one safe pick, not getting any line or anything, then its hard to go against Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in the playoffs."

If the Seahawks and Patriots did meet in the Super Bowl, it would be a rematch of a Week 6 game won 24-23 by Seattle. In that game, Seahawks QB Wilson threw three touchdown passes, including the game-winner with 1:18 left.

Damn, missed that news. He'd be a good fit for any 3-4 team looking for an OLB.

Sorry I mean to say they will cut but that is just a guess. They need quick LBs that can cover a lot of space and they are badly over the cap.

Edit: Looking at his stats he actually had a much better year last year then I thought. I dont see him being a fit with Kifin but who knows.

Hunter S.

Fair enough. Cold is a factor, but it shouldn't be an excuse. If anything cold and elevation combined fair worse for the Ravens than the Broncos. I guess we will see come gametime.

Baseball and politics are easier to predict than football. Only time will tell I guess.
Plus, he did not create this formula and used one created by others. And the people who created it came to different conclusions.
Either way, Nate Silver is my homie.

squicken

Watching that little segment on Rodgers is depressing as fuck. I forgot Miami picked Ronnie Brown that draft. One guy isn't in the league anymore (that I know of). The other guy is a MVP candidate. Good thing we didn't grab that franchise QB. SMH. PEACE.

Rodgers sat and watched Favre. During that time they completely changed Rodgers' delivery and he went from good arm with good accuracy to the one of the best arms in the league and one of the most accurate passers.

If he had gone to SF his career would have been crap. No one there would have been around long enough to see through any of the changes, and he would have been playing with awful offensive talent. He would have been better than Alex but he never would have reached his potential

LJ11

Carter and Lee have the range, still need safeties, have to rethink that front 4 though, Ware is pretty poor against the run. Lot of under fronts so they can probably get away with Ware but they need a solid run stuff ending to play opposite him.

Edit: This draft has some pretty good safety DL and prospect, if you're going to change you might as well do it now.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Carter and Lee have the range, still need safeties, have to rethink that front 4 though, Ware is pretty poor against the run. Lot of under fronts so they can probably get away with Ware but they need a solid run stuff ending to play opposite him.

Edit: This draft has some pretty good safety DL and prospect, if you're going to change you might as well do it now.

They should probably trade Ware. What do you think his value is?

Godslay

Banned
Plus, he did not create this formula and used one created by others. And the people who created it came to different conclusions.
Either way, Nate Silver is my homie.

I agree, I think Silver is great at what he does. If his predictions pan out, then it can only add to his sterling reputation.

Watch Dallas try to sign Osi.

That almost seems more like a Jets move. A loudmouth with declining skills who might get attention in NY. Sadly the Jets are so over the cap I dont see them singing anyone. I would love to see the Cowboys get Osi since I think he is done but he cant play the run at all. He would be a terrible fit for them.

Top Bottom