• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silkworm

ChLOEH_UcAARfQC.jpg

As a Gator fan, I'm happy for Neal.

As a Saints fan, I'm sad Neal is playing for the Dirty Birds.

Ah well :p

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So yeah, a 21 year old tunsil isn't a safe pick because It's confirmed that he smoked pot when he was 18/19 and has a vindicative asshole of a stepfather. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Godslay

Banned
Had to miss the second half of the first round to finish moving but looks like it was fun. Can't wait to see Sanchez start all year in Denver!

How fun it will be to watch the Pats fall to a decrepit Manning, a giraffe looking turncoat, and Sanchez all within a year.

Syrinx

It's just dumb because sports media gets to pretend to be shocked by it, college sports fans will pretend to be shocked by it, and the whole thing is one big eye rolling affair because every major FBS school does it. It's like steroids in professional sports- of course it happens.

Ole Miss was just really fucking dumb about it using their coach as the guy to pay the player instead of some random ass booster that is really far removed from it all.
Anybody with a semi-functioning brain knew Ole Miss was dirty the minute they pulled in that crazy recruiting class a few years ago.

squicken

Hopefully my guys Brax and Sterling go to good homes tomorrow. I think both those guys could be as good as any WR in this class. There's no Julio Jones or Dez Bryant talent. I'm sure Cincy wanted a WR in round 1, but they can still find a good one tomorrow

e: I saw that edit. Traitor

Feeling kinda bad for Jack. Guy is super competitive, awesome potential; to have that all hindered by this type of injury must be gutting.

I'm sure the insurance policy that covered him for 5 million if he dropped out of the first round due to injury helps him feel better though. Lol.

LJ11

LOL @ the DePo reply to Coleman not being able to run routes, dude has one liners for days.

DePo loves the high ceiling guys, especially when he has ammo stockpiled and said player has produced. Still feel he's running ship, lol.

LOL @ the DePo reply to Coleman not being able to run routes, dude has one liners for days.

DePo loves the high ceiling guys, especially when he has ammo stockpiled and said player has produced. Still feel he's running ship, lol.
Did you watch the Cleveland conferences?

And actually according to them Depo was supposed to sit back and observe/learn this draft. He's really based on the procedures and processes of the org, we've had a lot of defunction. I'd say he's far from running the ship though haha. It was cool seeing him talk with hue though

LJ11

Did you watch the Cleveland conferences?

And actually according to them Depo was supposed to sit back and observe/learn this draft. He's really based on the procedures and processes of the org, we've had a lot of defunction. I'd say he's far from running the ship though haha. It was cool seeing him talk with hue though

Nah, I didnt watch, couple of Met fans brought it up. I'll take your word for it. You guys are doing work so far.

Also read from reliable Bills writer that the Cowboys were asking the Bills for 19 but didn't pay the price. Wondering what they were asking for. I would have done it for a first next year.

Euron

I just woke up from my coma and I'm trying to figure out why we went with Eli Apple. Look I know his name is perfect for NY but Jerry WTF?

Apparently Jerry Jones was willing to give up the Cowboys second and third had the Seahawks given him a chance. That would've been amazing for Seattle.

Also Bradford isn't taking Pederson's phone calls.

Gigglepoo

U dont really believe that do u

Sure? I don't know these players. Niners have a crap offensive line. Maybe now it's better.

"According to Pro Football Talk’s draft value chart, the package San Francisco sent to Kansas City is worth 634 points, while the 28th pick used on Garnett plus the seventh-round selection was worth 660 points."

julrik

As someone who is pretty new to American football, can someone tell me if Packers are having a decent draft this year? Any interesting players?

UberTag

As someone who is pretty new to American football, can someone tell me if Packers are having a decent draft this year? Any interesting players?
They made one pick on Thursday night and the general reaction to said pick was a chorus of "Who?"

Anybody with a semi-functioning brain knew Ole Miss was dirty the minute they pulled in that crazy recruiting class a few years ago.

What you mean a kid who grew up in Illinois a lifelong Michigan Wolverine fan and had Michigan as his leader through the entire process until one visit to Ole Miss a week before NSD magically changed his mind, might have been BOUGHT?

giphy.gif

(talking about Treadwell here)

See Nimmo, Brandon.

God I miss him.

What do you guys think of the Redskins drafting Doctson with pick #22? I love his talent, though it kind of hurts knowing he's turning 24 this year while Treadwell (who was drafted with the next pick) is only 21.

Striker

What do you guys think of the Redskins drafting Doctson with pick #22? I love his talent, though it kind of hurts knowing he's turning 24 this year while Treadwell (who was drafted with the next pick) is only 21.
Garcon, Jackson and Doctson is a very dangerous trio. Add in Jordan Reed. Lots of weapons and versatility for Cousins.

They are different breeds. Doctson is more of a home run hitter to me than Treadwell. Both guys went into good offenses that fit their style. Bridgewater dink and dunks a lot with the occasional roll out. Diggs and Treadwell is a nice duo.

I would be thrilled if Reese is able to land Shepard in Round 2.

Love both niners picks. As for the trade, it's fine. We came out on top on the draft value chart (though it means nothing but still).

Would he have been there at 37? No one knows but I suspect someone was angling for him. This is why you accumulate 12 picks. If you want someone you can go get him.

We had the extra 4th as a comp pick as well. I'd have loved to never have to trade and get players but sometimes you can't chance it.

SonnyBoy

Very pleased with the acquisition of Josh Doctson. With both Garcon and DJax becoming FA's next year, we'd need someone to potentially fill a void. Even if both of them walk and the Skins only resign their drafted talent. We'd be left with Jordan Reed, Doctson and Crowder as starters. I'd be willing to be that Garcon or DJax would be willing to resign to a cap friendly and play out his career in Washington if this upward trend continues.

Listening to his interview last night proved why Scot drafted him. The kid had to work hard to get where he is, even at the collegiate level. Hard worker, humble and level headed. Even if he doesn't turn into a legit #1 receiver, he'll be a solid contributor.

Having Garcon and DJax on the ends. Combined with Jordan Reed and Josh Doctson in the slots. That'll be a favorable matchup for Kirk Cousins.

Matticers

So yeah, a 21 year old tunsil isn't a safe pick because It's confirmed that he smoked pot when he was 18/19 and has a vindicative asshole of a stepfather. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, he also shows god awful judgment in allowing himself to be filmed while smoking and he also accepted money while at Ole Miss. You can say lots of players do that but yeah. Not everyone is caught admitting it. Plus the injury issues. Lots of questions marks mentally with this guy and some think as a player, he was a bit overrated before the draft when he was ranked top 3-5. I'd love to see him turn things around and become a great player in the NFL but what happened isn't too surprising.

Matticers

Garcon, Jackson and Doctson is a very dangerous trio. Add in Jordan Reed. Lots of weapons and versatility for Cousins.

They are different breeds. Doctson is more of a home run hitter to me than Treadwell. Both guys went into good offenses that fit their style. Bridgewater dink and dunks a lot with the occasional roll out. Diggs and Treadwell is a nice duo.

I would be thrilled if Reese is able to land Shepard in Round 2.

I like Shepard but I don't know if he's a fit since isn't he more of a slot guy? Harris played pretty well there at times last season plus supposedly Cruz is finally healthy (yeah right)

I think Boyd can be the guy in round 2 for the Giants. I like him a lot. I think he pairs really well opposite Beckham.

SonnyBoy

You can say lots of players do that but yeah. Not everyone is caught admitting it.

That's the thing. There's very little that differentiates people, some people just get caught. We've all done dumb shit in our lives, I most definitely have. Thankfully I've been blessed enough to not have it bite me in the butt. For those who aren't as fortunate, I don't like down on them for it. Not saying that you are.

I didn't realize he was that old. I'm not surprised though because he sounded very mature in his interview. He fits McCloughans profile. Nothing was handed to this kid, he was a walk-on in college and appears to be a hard worker.

If he doesn't become an elite talent, it won't be due to a lack of hard work and grit.

Yeah I like Doctson, the one thing that did him in my mind was age. Coming off his rookie contract he'll be about 28

I slept on this. I do think Reese gets some benefit of the doubt with first-rounders at least. I think I'm just way more annoyed that it was obvious he got caught with his pants down re: Conklin and Floyd.

I know round 2 is tonight, but thinking about 3-6 like:

giphy.gif

Striker

I like Shepard but I don't know if he's a fit since isn't he more of a slot guy? Harris played pretty well there at times last season plus supposedly Cruz is finally healthy (yeah right)

I think Boyd can be the guy in round 2 for the Giants. I like him a lot. I think he pairs really well opposite Beckham.
True, he was one guy I was really intrigued by and a playmaker. Harris I do love but he has lots of roles and he will get banged up if he had a bigger role offensively (unless they opt to use Bobby Rainey as KR).

Boyd is a good option. Another is Michael Thomas (another Buckeye?), good size, plays outside. Either case, I feel it's necessary to add something here. Hunter Henry would be nice, but I don't see JR doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom