• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCNemesis

Browns-GAF: Who I think they'll target at #52 and #65 (in my order of preference):

Kevin King CB
Chidobe Awuzie CB
Marcus Williams FS
Joe Mixon RB
Obi Melifonwu S
Josh Jones S
Zay Jones WR
Fabian Moreau CB
Quincy Wilson CB
Marcus Maye S
Alvin Kamara RB
Tyus Bowser OLB

Personally, I would target Jones or Williams (or Budda Baker) for Safety and then any of the CBs listed would be a great pickup. Although with Crowell not signing his RFA tender, the Browns will need to prepare for the scenario where he sits a year, so they could take a RB if a talent falls within their reach. I could see them moving both up in two and down in three.

If the Jets can find a way to draft one of those top CBs, Lamp/Robinson/Pocic, and/or Cook, I'm happy.

Curious as to where Deshone Kizer will end up though...

Personally, I would target Jones or Williams (or Budda Baker) for Safety and then any of the CBs listed would be a great pickup. Although with Crowell not signing his RFA tender, the Browns will need to prepare for the scenario where he sits a year, so they could take a RB if a talent falls within their reach. I could see them moving both up in two and down in three.
D'onta Foreman?

Also agree with you on the targets too.. I will forgive the Peppers pick if we get Budda..

A college safety to an NFL safety is quite tough, probably only behind a quarterback's transition but his leadership skills are impressive. They need a corner but Cook being available turns into a no bainer.
I think the fact that the Jets purged sooooooo much "veteran" leadership really helps boost how important that facet of Adams is. It's hard for a rookie to come in and be a "leader", but when the team has no identity on defense it's way easier to change the culture and become a leader as a young player.

Also for what it's worth, I don't see RB as a need whatsoever with the gaping holes we have throughout the whole team. Forte and Powell actually played pretty well last year all things considered (Powell especially toward the end of the season, him and Enunwa were our biggest playmakers), so I'd rather have a top corner or Robinson over Cook in all honesty. The offensive line went from mediocre to trash, no back in the league can fix that lol.

I just hope the Bills can end up with a decent LB and WR by the end of today. Probably best to go LB in the second, somebody like Cunningham from Vanderbilt if he's still there since it doesn't seem like LB is as deep as WR in this draft. Then maybe get lucky and get Godwin out of Penn State with their first 3rd rounder (even though he's probably not making it out of the second round). Then maybe Safety or O-Line after that.

I think the fact that the Jets purged sooooooo much "veteran" leadership really helps boost how important that facet of Adams is. It's hard for a rookie to come in and be a "leader", but when the team has no identity on defense it's way easier to change the culture and become a leader as a young player.

Also for what it's worth, I don't see RB as a need whatsoever with the gaping holes we have throughout the whole team. Forte and Powell actually played pretty well last year all things considered (Powell especially toward the end of the season, him and Enunwa were our biggest playmakers), so I'd rather have a top corner or Robinson over Cook in all honesty. The offensive line went from mediocre to trash, no back in the league can fix that lol.

Solid points but it seems like the organization prefers Powell in the passing game and Forte is getting old. I don't think the need for a running back is a glaring hole but I just think Cook is a great talent and he didn't sit out his bowl game. That's not really relevant but it gives me an idea of the type of player he is.

gutshot

To be fair, a very similar thing happened with Wentz. And so far he at least looks like he belongs in the league

Edit: That is pretty bad though...

Wentz actually played in a pro style offense though. He was much farther along in his development.

An interesting name in play at No. 33 for the #Packers: #NotreDame QB DeShone Kizer. GB is getting trade calls, but could stick and pick.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/857974622486188032

lol Aaron done pissed off the Munn gods

e94eo.gif

Browns-GAF: Who I think they'll target at #52 and #65 (in my order of preference):

Kevin King CB
Chidobe Awuzie CB
Marcus Williams FS
Joe Mixon RB
Obi Melifonwu S
Josh Jones S
Zay Jones WR
Fabian Moreau CB
Quincy Wilson CB
Marcus Maye S
Alvin Kamara RB
Tyus Bowser OLB
Wes gross, get Mixon off that list.

Grab kareem hunt

Very happy with the Lions taking Jarrad Davis. Seems like a great talent and great leader.

RIP Peppers' career though. I always thought he needed 1 more year at Michigan to focus on 1 position. He's raw and can be molded into a killer run stopping strong safety so I was still optimistic about him going to somewhere to develop like... Seattle, New England, Pittsburgh, etc... not Cleveland. Ouch. Good luck to ya.

effzee

Wentz was much further along mentally than Trubisky was at this point. You could actually see Wentz read defenses at NDST.

Trubisky's ceiling is Alex Smith, his floor is Blaine Gabbert. I think this draft was just horrendous for QBs and the Bears panicked.

While all true the next step of the equation is the coaching and development he will receive.

Regardless of what I think of Doug the HC (I'd take Chip back in a heartbeat come back Chip!!!!) but I loved that two former QBs in Doug and our OC Frank Reich (who is also always rumored to be the next HC candidate) developed Wentz. Goes a long way for the young QB to learn from guys who have done it.

Does Chicago have that kind of coaching and development set up? John Fox is primarily a def coach. Does his staff possess the proper teachers?

Kevin King CB
Chidobe Awuzie CB
Marcus Williams FS
Joe Mixon RB
Obi Melifonwu S
Josh Jones S
Zay Jones WR
Fabian Moreau CB
Quincy Wilson CB
Marcus Maye S
Alvin Kamara RB
Tyus Bowser OLB

I haven't watched any college so have no clue, but a CB or safety and as a someone already said might need a RB depending on what the Crow does.

I'd like a FS so we have a pair to grow together.

Is Mixon the guy who punched a women and their is video of it? If so how is he even in the mix for anyone?

Also Browns-GAF Are you mad we didn't go all in for a QB?

I don't get it from my understanding of this years class, there was no real QB stand outs this year, so i'm glad we didn't over pay or wash a high pick on what might have ended up being like Quinn, Weeden, McCoy.

And Surely are luck has to change and we can take a shot in a later round and end up with this years Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott? Whens it gona be our time!!

Dear Philly Gaf:

You did a great job representing the city last night, that was the craziest I've seen the draft and it was a really cool scene to see on TV.

Good work.

effzee

I really like Foreman. Hes gonna be an excellent pickup.

I think my big questions for Round 2 is where/if Chris Godwin and Alvin Kamara go

I wouldn't either of these guys on the Eagles. Kamara especially if they want to avoid character issues with both Cook and Mixon.

Godwin's comparison I keep reading is Sterling Sheppard but the following list is what I want. At least two of the following:

Kevin King CB
Chidobe Awuzie CB
Quincy Wilson CB
Teez Tabor CB
Obi Melifonwu S

An interesting name in play at No. 33 for the #Packers: #NotreDame QB DeShone Kizer. GB is getting trade calls, but could stick and pick.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/857974622486188032

lol Aaron done pissed off the Munn gods

They're shopping the pick for those that want Kizer. I'd love to see them trade down a bit & possible get Kevin King & a solid RB like Cook or Mixon. That's be my dream scenario as a Packers fan.

Wes

venison crêpe
Also Browns-GAF Are you mad we didn't go all in for a QB?

I don't get it from my understanding of this years class, there was no real QB stand outs this year, so i'm glad we didn't over pay or wash a high pick on what might have ended up being like Quinn, Weeden, McCoy.

And Surely are luck has to change and we can take a shot in a later round and end up with this years Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott? Whens it gona be our time!!

Why spend a lot of draft picks on a mediocre prospect where they have to sit a year to be ready, when you could spend the same number of picks to move up next year, in a (probably) better draft to get a prospect who is more ready to play Day 1?

I'm fine with their approach thusfar.

MechDX

UNDISPUTED ✔ @undisputed
"The Houston Texans made the best pick in the entire first round... Deshaun can do for Houston what Dak did for Dallas." — @RealSkipBayless
9:11 AM - 28 Apr 2017

UNDISPUTED ✔ @undisputed
"Deshaun Watson went to the right fit. You talk about weapons: DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller, Braxton Miller, Lamar Miller…" — @ShannonSharpe
9:31 AM - 28 Apr 2017

we-are-screwed.gif

Hackenberg is trash.
Never forget..

You all watch. Floy boy Peppers gonna shock the NFL
Pls stop this

We won't forgive Floys negativity.
I don't need your forgiveness

Pshhhh!

Peppers is my boy.
You can have him

I will say he knows how to work the hype machine..

He knows he's about to bring prosperity to the Cleve
He knows not what he does..

Cleve legend jabrill peppers
Pls stop not this

Hindl

I wouldn't either of these guys on the Eagles. Kamara especially if they want to avoid character issues with both Cook and Mixon.

Godwin's comparison I keep reading is Sterling Sheppard but the following list is what I want. At least two of the following:

Kevin King CB
Chidobe Awuzie CB
Quincy Wilson CB
Teez Tabor CB
Obi Melifonwu S

Godwin reminds me more of also former Penn Stater Allen Robinson. If they trade back and take him I'd be happy. And Kamara got suspended at Bama but has been a model citizen since then, there's nothing really to give me pause. He's definitely more potential than production but he fits what Doug wants to in the offense extremely well. But I was more talking about in general where those two go, not necessarily to the Eagles.

As for the others, I'd pretty much take any of those CBs if they don't get Cook. Probably King > Wilson > Awuzie > Tabor. Obi would be cool too but unless they convert him to a CB I don't see him contributing as much as the others

jbug617

Banned
I wonder if the Pats try to trade into the 2nd round now. I don't think they can wait to the 3rd round to make their 1st pick.

Just listened to Howie's pc. Said the pick last night was Douglas's. He said Joe came into his office back in December and told him they had to get this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom