• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nialrot

we-are-screwed.gif

meM5RUI.0.gif

Hindl

Just listened to Howie's pc. Said the pick last night was Douglas's. He said Joe came into his office back in December and told him they had to get this kid.

I really liked Barnett early on. Assuming this was a normal draft, he was my most wanted realistic prospect that could potentially fall to the Eagles. Thought there was no way he was getting past the Saints. Obviously that wasn't a normal draft but I'm still happy with the selection. With news that Foster potentially needs more surgery, I'm glad they didn't go with him. Hooker would've been nice but he probably wouldn't have made an impact for a couple years behind Jenkins and McLeod. Allen's shoulders are concerning, for him to drop that far when he was supposed to potentially go #2 means the medicals weren't good. Really the only pick I'm kinda upset they passed for Barnett was OJ Howard. But I guess they didn't want to run the 2 TE set, and DE is a more important position. Plus we desperately needed to get younger there and there weren't many options deeper in the class. I think Barnett is going to be better than Thomas honestly, and hearing that Douglas compared Barnett to Terrell Suggs made me really excited. The comparison makes sense too, and if I can have either Suggs or Gronk on my team, I'm taking Suggs

For Dutch and Floy. Uninterrupted Jabrill Peppers videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx0GhHKrIU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nqGsY7eRxI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um9fQX__GvM
We have to steal Floyd's heart so he will know this to be true.
What would Floys palace even look like 🤔🤔
Cleveland passed on Watson twice so we have to account for that as well
My friend, you don't have to do this. Trust me, you don't.

They're shopping the pick for those that want Kizer. I'd love to see them trade down a bit & possible get Kevin King & a solid RB like Cook or Mixon. That's be my dream scenario as a Packers fan.

I just don't understand other Packer fans' obsession with King. He's got the length but constantly gets beaten by speedier WRs, which is our problem now.

I'd rather take Awuzie, if we take a CB. Of course, I really want to take Mixon and not risk losing him to a Jacksonville or Cincy.

Dear Philly Gaf:

You did a great job representing the city last night, that was the craziest I've seen the draft and it was a really cool scene to see on TV.

Good work.

It was pretty wild on the parkway. I got there at about 6:45 I'd say, got some food pretty quick, but the beer lines were atrocious. Not sure if that was intentional or not. It was a lot of fun being in an exciting atmosphere for the draft. I had a great time and was debating going back tonight.

Did they come out with an official attendance tally? Early on I heard them say 80k, but there's no way it wasn't more than that based on crowd sizes that I saw.

It was pretty wild on the parkway. I got there at about 6:45 I'd say, got some food pretty quick, but the beer lines were atrocious. Not sure if that was intentional or not. It was a lot of fun being in an exciting atmosphere for the draft. I had a great time and was debating going back tonight.

Did they come out with an official attendance tally? Early on I heard them say 80k, but there's no way it wasn't more than that based on crowd sizes that I saw.

I don't think so, all I heard was with Roger Goddell on mike and mike this morning they said it was definitively more than Lincoln Financial holds, which is 69,000.

I don't think so, all I heard was with Roger Goddell on mike and mike this morning they said it was definitively more than Lincoln Financial holds, which is 69,000.

That's actually what I was using as my basis to judge how large the crowds were. I mean, I'll leave it up to the experts on crowd sizes. I know there was some demand that didn't get satisfied as the my brother left at the security gate because the line was like 20 minutes long when he got there. He only had about an hour free and didn't want to spend half of it in line to get in.

Brashnir

Cleveland passed on Watson twice so we have to account for that as well

I think he'll have some growing pains, but from all reports, he's a smart kid. I think he'll figure it out as long as he ends up on a team with solid coaching who will help him work through his INT issues.

I see him growing into a Kirk Cousins type guy. Not a star, but a guy you can win with.

Derek Barnett pens cover letter to NFL teams in Players’ Tribune piece

Tennessee defensive end Derek Barnett wrote NFL teams a cover letter leading up to this week’s NFL draft in an article released by the Players’ Tribune on Wednesday.

Barnett acknowledges that many teams will know him as “the kid who broke Reggie White’s all-time sack record at Tennessee,” but his main goal is winning a championship and leading a team, rather than individual goals.
“Achieving that sack record definitely meant a lot to me, but I would have traded it away in a heartbeat to have won a championship while I was in college,” Barnett wrote. “So understand that even though I’ve achieved some noteworthy things and won some individual awards, they are not what drives me.
“I want to lead a defense. I want to be an important part of a winning team.
“I want to win a Super Bowl.”
Barnett also credited his mother, his “best friend” and “inspiration,” for instilling in him a strong work ethic. The former All-SEC lineman said his mother worked multiple jobs throughout his life to provide him with the opportunity to play football and intends to continue working despite her son being able to suddenly afford to support her financially.

“When I make it to the NFL, she knows that I’ll be able to take care of her,” Barnett wrote. “She deserves for me to take care of her. But she doesn’t want that. She’s already told me that she’s going to keep her same job at the UPS warehouse — on her feet, sweating, sorting packages on a tight deadline — even after I make it to the league.

“Working hard is not optional — it’s in my DNA.”

linkboy

The bears love their pick. If he's​the best QB of this bunch and turns into a to QB, then ya. The bears won the draft.

If the Bears were in a situation like say, Houston (a playoff calibur team that just needed a QB), I'd be okay with it.

However, they're not. They're a team with a lot of holes. Putting your eggs in one basket when you've got that many holes usually (see the last 18 years for the Browns as a prime example) doesn't pan out.

Wes

venison crêpe
Wes gross, get Mixon off that list.

Grab kareem hunt

I think he's on their list. Age and Sparq my friend! If Dee has signed off, he's a potential.

But that said, I don't think they take a RB until the 5th. CB and FS tonight.

And Gordon reinstated.

Pepiope

If the Bears were in a situation like say, Houston (a playoff calibur team that just needed a QB), I'd be okay with it.

However, they're not. They're a team with a lot of holes. Putting your eggs in one basket when you've got that many holes usually (see the last 18 years for the Browns as a prime example) doesn't pan out.
Yeah it's risky, but that just goes to show how much that front office believes in their pick. They'll sink or swim.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!

They're probably going to trade down from 36.

Hindl

Derek Barnett pens cover letter to NFL teams in Players' Tribune piece

You forgot the best part
Right now, you might know me as the kid who broke Reggie White's sack record at Tennessee, but that's not the only thing I'm going to be remembered for by the time I leave this game.

I promise you that.
And here's video of him dominating the Cornhusker's in a bowl game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMPVh-3hRcI

Dude just never takes plays off and is just always moving. The play here is one of my biggest pluses:
https://youtu.be/hMPVh-3hRcI?t=172

The play went away from him and he could've just let the CBs and safeties do the tackling to bring the guy down. But after seeing the RB dumpoff to the flat he sprints to the sideline to make the tackle

Possible none of the qbs drafted last night even play year one.
some will
I think he's on their list. Age and Sparq my friend! If Dee has signed off, he's a potential.

But that said, I don't think they take a RB until the 5th. CB and FS tonight.

And Gordon reinstated.
He's on the board. But I'd rather not

I'm seeing mock drafts saying the Lions are taking Malik McDowell. I really hope that's not what it comes to in the second round. The dude can play, but the scouting reports on him... Yeesh.

You forgot the best part

And here's video of him dominating Wienku's Cornhusker's in a bowl game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMPVh-3hRcI

Dude just never takes plays off and is just always moving. The play here is one of my biggest pluses:
https://youtu.be/hMPVh-3hRcI?t=172

The play went away from him and he could've just let the CBs and safeties do the tackling to bring the guy down. But after seeing the RB dumpoff to the flat he sprints to the sideline to make the tackle
Wienke is a Razorback fan Hindl

Mortemis

Banned
My UW bias will probably slip out here but I really want King. Dude just screams hawks, would love to have him oppo Sherm.

I feel like we may trade up to the early to mid 2nd. Looking at the bears, they only have like 3 picks left in the draft? Wonder if they'll take some 3rds from us for their 36th pick, we got 4! There will probably be one of the o-line prospects or some DL guys there.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
♫mech deserves this♫

A Proven winner?

A star QB to light a fire under the best young QB in the division Tom Savage?

Then they'll have two winners. A QB room of winners. Two Super Bowl winning QBs.

Other teams could be so lucky. Hashtag MyQBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom