• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
sigh.... Oh well

2192148024_688d0eb741_o.gif

Give the boy a chance!

effzee

Ray diddenger says that barrnett is the 9th best player in the draft and that he would have taken him over everyone left.

Might be true based on the guys taken and the medical/character issues about the guys left.

I can't focus at work. Just want to get home put the kids to sleep and watch draft coverage all night.

Something is wrong with me.

Juicy Bob

Holy shit

I went to sleep after the Eagles pick and only just realised the Browns traded up for a third 1st round pick last night.

Man, that could well have been the most effective I've ever seen the Cleveland Browns be in my time following this sport.

Plenty of good interior linemen and a few tackles left.

First round went better than expected.

Vikes have something like 5 picks in the next three rounds.

linkboy

Holy shit

I went to sleep after the Eagles pick and only just realised the Browns traded up for a third 1st round pick last night.

Man, that could well have been the most effective I've ever seen the Cleveland Browns be in my time following this sport.

It only took them 18 years, but they finally might be figuring out this football thing.

Cleveland is building their team the right way, they're shoring up their deficiencies first before jumping after a QB.

I get that people want the franchise QB, but when you're a team like Cleveland or SF (aka, a multi-year fix), it's better to get the pieces in place to get a solid team, then get the QB.

Hindl

I think that's just more surprise at how the top of the draft went, no one was expecting 3 WRs to go that early.

But with Barnett and Davis sitting there I probably would've preferred Davis too, even with how much I like Barnett. So it's understandable. Nothing they could do about it though, I was figuring Davis was more likely to be available than Davis or Ross

Steelers were in on Peppers and Njoku?

Sashi already sticking it to Pittsburgh

Steelers were in on Peppers and Njoku?

Florio today said the Steelers targeted both guys and the Browns snatched up from them.

Greg Cosell just said the Eagles pick at 14 came down to either Barnett or Harris, they were set on DE and didn't even really consider any of the other guys available. So much for BPA.

Doomsayer

That was honestly one of the most exciting drafts I've seen in practically forever.

I really like what the Browns, 49ers, and Redskins did.

Browns got 3 impact players and still have a ton of picks. 49ers got two great pieces of defense. Redskins got the potential #2 pick at #17.

I really hate what the Bears, Packers, and Cheifs did.

I may be a little upset because I wanted Mahomes in the 2nd (or 3rd) but they reached hard, and didn't have to trade up as high as they did for him. Packers needed depth on defense and traded out of the first, granted there are still a ton of DBs out there. There is no defense for what the Bears did.

MechDX

Clemson Football‏Verified account @ClemsonFB 3h3 hours ago
More
12th pick in 2017 @NFL draft: Deshaun Watson

12th pick in 1997 draft: Warrick Dunn

Dunn helped furnish Deshaun's habitat home as a child.

Pretty amazing actually

GCNemesis

Browns-GAF: word making it's way out on Twitter is that the Browns are looking to add another 2nd rounder tonight. How and if they get there, who knows, but have the chance for two impact players. Would suppose one could be for a QB?

Pepiope

I think that's just more surprise at how the top of the draft went, no one was expecting 3 WRs to go that early.

But with Barnett and Davis sitting there I probably would've preferred Davis too, even with how much I like Barnett. So it's understandable. Nothing they could do about it though, I was figuring Davis was more likely to be available than Davis or Ross

Sashi already sticking it to Pittsburgh
Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Barnett is a beast though. So hopefully him getting to the QB will take pressure off of the CBs.

Graham- Jerrigan- Cox- Barnett could be a nice starting 4 with Long, Smith, and Curry rotating in. I do like it.

He's only 20 too. Lots of time to grow. The Eagles are drafting players younger than me and it's sad.

Browns-GAF: word making it's way out on Twitter is that the Browns are looking to add another 2nd rounder tonight. How and if they get there, who knows, but have the chance for two impact players. Would suppose one could be for a QB?

Well, I mean that's not exactly a stretch there. We are picking 65th afterall, which is practically the 2nd round anyway.

So we'd probably give up a 5th to move down 10 or so spots from there like the 1st.

Hindl

Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Barnett is a beast though. So hopefully him getting to the QB will take pressure off of the CBs.

Graham- Jerrigan- Cox- Barnett could be a nice starting 4 with Long, Smith, and Curry rotating in. I do like it.

He's only 20 too. Lots of time to grow. The Eagles are drafting players younger than me and it's sad.

Yeah I had that realization last year when Wentz was only 6 months younger than me. And I really like the look of that line. If Jernigan pans out, which I think is likely, that's a pretty great starting lineup. But it's entirely possible that Howie wanted the WR. It's one of our 3 biggest needs along with CB and DE and the top prospects were all great in their own ways. But all the good CBs and WRs were off the board and Barnett was the DE I wanted most (obviously excluding Garrett)

Browns tried to trade for a Jimmy G again last night and Pats said no. Bill fucking up big time
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/858010320958312448
Didn't schefty say Browns were drafting Trubisky number one yesterday 🤔🤔
Mary kay is his source.
Gary Barnidge @garybarnidge

I want to thank the Cleveland Browns for giving me my opportunity and looking forward to seeing the change. Time for the next step.
Oh wow, Njoku and Devalve it is. Looks like Gary will get a head start on finding a new team. Thought Gary could maybe be a mentor to Njoku, dudes like only 20.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...er-mistake-two-first-round-picks-second-round

"The Houston Texans made a huge mistake last year by signing quarterback Brock Osweiler to a four-year, $72 million contract. The final cost of that blunder can now be calculated.

In addition to the $21 million that was paid to Osweiler last year, the Texans previously gave up a second-round pick in 2018 (along with a sixth-round pick in 2017 in exchange for a 2017 fourth-round pick) to get Osweiler’s $16 million guaranteed salary for 2017 off the books. They’ve now secured Osweiler’s replacement in exchange for a pair of first-round draft picks.

And, yes, at a time when few teams will consider giving up two first-round draft picks for a veteran player, the Texans gave up two first-round picks — the 25th overall selection in 2017 and next year’s first-rounder — to get Deshaun Watson. That’s no different than trading two first-round picks for Kirk Cousins, Jimmy Garoppolo, or any other available (and proven) signal-caller.

It’s a huge price to pay, and a definite risk to take, for screwing the pooch on Osweiler, an outcome that possibly was cemented by the inability of the Texans to bring Osweiler in for an extended visit before signing him. And it’s a lesson to any team considering the addition of a quarterback on the first day of free agency; if you’re considering a proverbial pig in a poke, you’re possibly going to be spending a lot on the lipstick that eventually will be applied to a sweaty, nasty, stinky swine."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
21 million to sit on the bench? I don't see it happening.

They apparently rebuffed some serious offers this offseason.

I mean, you're not getting rid of Brady if he wins an MVP this season or another Super Bowl, but considering how they got the cap this year it's not actually a bad deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom