• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

For a trailer park roid junkie perhaps.

You're just mad 'cause you're bald.

image.php

Bro-fist.

The first two games tonight were great to watch. Too bad the Pens took their foot off the pedal after the 1st. Still a great game though. The Pred/Dead-thing game was good too.

Yeah, if the Pens just got one more to make it 4-1, game would have been over. The old saying still rings true, "safe is death." Was nice to see the Preds take game 1 though I'm not sure what Weber was thinking when he smashed Zetterbegs head into the glass like he was knocking him into the wrestling ring post. Game's over man, skate away! I even watched some Kings/Canucks last night. Tonight should have some good games too.

Draxal

Jacobs takes some shots at the Giants OL, rather than blame himself, for his struggles: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...hared-my-struggles?module=HP11_headline_stack

Brandon reminds me of: http://youtu.be/MsS6px9HOQE

Well he's right.

The majority of the oline sucked last year, Diehl sucked at lg and wasn't much better at lt, Baas was hurt for the majority of the year and showed it, Snee probably was hurt and showed it as well, MacKenzie had the most precipitous drop off any player I've seen on Big Blue (well besides Madison Hedgecock). I actually liked Beatty/Boothe and thought they were playing well, but they're not allpros by any stretch.

Ballard wasn't as good as a blocker as he shoould of been, and Pascoe was a minus blocker as well, Beckum was actually coming on as a blocker, but he's still an h back.
Hyno was pretty good imho (but I do know alot of people think he wasn't as good as I thought he was).

Eli carried that team. I'm still a fan of Jacobs, but he always needed a good oline to perform well, if he doesn't have one he's limited as player.

And fuck the Pens for blowing a 3 goal lead in game 1, you ass clowns! I feel sorry for people that can't get on board with hockey, especially playoff hockey. It's second only to the NFL IMO in terms of excitement. Crazy plays, momentum shifts, insane crowds, end to end action and true sudden death OT. It's all awesome.

Playoff hockey is best hockey

so good

and 4 games tonight, fuck yeah

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Jacobs takes some shots at the Giants OL, rather than blame himself, for his struggles: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...hared-my-struggles?module=HP11_headline_stack

Brandon reminds me of: http://youtu.be/MsS6px9HOQE

Well he's right.

The majority of the oline sucked last year, Diehl sucked at lg and wasn't much better at lt, Baas was hurt for the majority of the year and showed it, Snee probably was hurt and showed it as well, MacKenzie had the most precipitous drop off any player I've seen on Big Blue (well besides Madison Hedgecock). I actually liked Beatty/Boothe and thought they were playing well, but they're not allpros by any stretch.

Ballard wasn't as good as a blocker as he shoould of been, and Pascoe was a minus blocker as well, Beckum was actually coming on as a blocker, but he's still an h back.
Hyno was pretty good imho (but I do know alot of people think he wasn't as good as I thought he was).

Eli carried that team. I'm still a fan of Jacobs, but he always needed a good oline to perform well, if he doesn't have one he's limited as player.

Let's be serious here, Draxal is right.

Schaefer says the Falcons have received an offer for Hard Knocks.

I'm conflicted, part of me wants this to happen just for being able to see how my favorite team operates behind the scenes and then part of me doesn't want the spectacle although I don't think they'd be anything like the Jets were.

Striker

I'm not saying the OL was good, in fact it was absolutely terrible overall. Diehl and McKenzie were two of the worst players on the line across the league. Snee had a down season, and Baas went through injuries.

At the same time, neither RB ran well. Bradshaw constantly ignores his blocks, and tries to do more but dancing rather than falling forward. He's an aggressive runner. Jacobs gets tackled too easily for a man his size - the arm tackles were saw this past season, it seemed, more than any other. It's a testament what Eli did this year with such a poor run game and line.

But he did need to go, and I felt he was a goner back during the season. His time was up. Like he does best, he's running his mouth still.

Wellington said:
Let's be serious here, Draxal is right.
I made the same point to BigAT last night but let's be honest and say that Jacobs was hot and cold on a per game basis. One game it would be way back machine Jacobs that would power through tackles for 10 yards and the next game he was tissue paper soft being brought down by an arm tackle alone as he danced behind the line instead of powering forward. The offensive line did no one any favors last season but Jacobs physicality left a lot to be desired in plenty games. Especially for a back of his size. I know you love him, but I agree with Striker here - it was time for him to go. Hopefully a Doug Martin future will heal any woulds left over.:)

I'm not saying the OL was good, in fact it was absolutely terrible overall. Diehl and McKenzie were two of the worst players on the line across the league. Snee had a down season, and Baas went through injuries.

At the same time, neither RB ran well. Bradshaw constantly ignores his blocks, and tries to do more but dancing rather than falling forward. He's an aggressive runner. Jacobs gets tackled too easily for a man his size - the arm tackles were saw this past season, it seemed, more than any other. It's a testament what Eli did this year with such a poor run game and line.

But he did need to go, and I felt he was a goner back during the season. His time was up. Like he does best, he's running his mouth still.

But he admitted he was to blame as well. Don't hate on my boy bjac!

eznark

Banned
My wife totally bionic'd me and told me to stop spending money til after the baby is born. Man, b, your life of frugality blows.

storybook77 said:
So tempting. Alas, we must pay for my wife's summer college class and my Falcons tix so it'll have to wait.
I sold off my current GTX 580 for $320 which is the only reason I'm getting it. If I hadn't been able to, I would have held off.

snesfreak

Banned
I have no money, otherwise I'd get a better CPU cooler, a new video card, a couple 1TB Samsung drives, a new monitor (maybe 2), and maybe a BR drive.

But I have to save my money for the Wii U, and a bunch of games.
And other shit, like food.

Top Bottom