• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Hunting is so lol, hey look I killed a defenseless animal with a fucking rifle!

Hey man, don't shit on ez like that. Hunting is part of the religion where he's from, just like beating the housekeeper lady (or what we people know as wife) and yelling at little kids who walk onto the lawn.

Greg

I don't drink at home, but I'm always trying new drinks when I go to the bar. Last week I had:
ZlBaB.jpg
S1ody.jpg

and the ol' favorite:
lCvVV.jpg

snesfreak

Banned
I don't drink at home, but I'm always trying new drinks when I go to the bar. Last week I had:
http://i.imgur.com/ZlBaB.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/S1ody.jpg[IMG]

and the ol' favorite:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lCvVV.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
You also buy old men drinks, then try to pick them up.
Yeah, left that part out didn't ya?

Greg

You also buy old men drinks, then try to pick them up.
Yeah, left that part out didn't ya?
4-dollar pitchers of Yuengling - I had to share!

It was his birthday a few days before, and the poor guy said he only had 5 dollars left until the beginning of the week.

I bet you were conning me with that story.

ZlBaB.jpg
S1ody.jpg

and the ol' favorite:
lCvVV.jpg

How is Smithwicks? The local Irish pub got that a few months ago apparently and I was curious on my visit last weekend.

They're also the official town hangout for all the Columbus Crew supporters and they show all the games on TV, so I'm going to be going there more often.

squicken

I don't remember when the Walkman came out, but as a kid there was no company as cool as Sony. If you had a Sony TV and a Sony Hi-Fi you were doing pretty good. Now I'm not sure how long that company is going to stay afloat. I can't believe how badly they have done the past 5 years.

Since we're in community let's have some real discussions. What is your guys' go to drink? I can binge on bud light or rum n coke, preferring admiral Nelson and coke zero.

I usually just drink beer, Hertog Jan, Heineken, Grolsch, stuff like that. With the occaisional Jack (Sometimes with coke, sometimes without it).

And when it's summer and the weather is nice, Corona.

Milchjon

Yesterday I had a Scotch with cranberry that was incredibly drinkable. Was a bit surprised by it, actually. Though it's probably not the manliest of drinks.

My go to drinks are beer and gin tonic, with the the occasional scotch in between. Can never go wrong with those.

squicken

Looks like the Vikes have agreed to the terms of the legislature's plan. Needs to go through a few more steps but it seems like it will get done. Good morning for Vikes fans

LGfZ5.jpg

I don't remember when the Walkman came out, but as a kid there was no company as cool as Sony. If you had a Sony TV and a Sony Hi-Fi you were doing pretty good. Now I'm not sure how long that company is going to stay afloat. I can't believe how badly they have done the past 5 years.

Advancements in technology shifted from hardware advancements to Software, making what Sony does obsolete. They never latched onto the software side, and didn't have the vision to develop new types of hardware.

Milchjon

Advancements in technology shifted from hardware advancements to Software, making what Sony does obsolete. They never latched onto the software side, and didn't have the vision to develop new types of hardware.

Well, Apple&Co. show that there's still A LOT of money to be made from hardware. Even though software plays a huge part in that, Macs, iPods and iPhones were desirable objects even before the whole ecosystem was in place.

Sony just never managed to get a similarly desirable device off the ground in the last few years.

Well, Apple&Co. show that there's still A LOT of money to be made from hardware. Even though software plays a huge part in that, Macs, iPods and iPhones were desirable objects even before the whole ecosystem was in place.

Sony just never managed to get a similarly desirable device off the ground in the last few years.

Apple used software to leverage hardware. Around the turn of the century there was a philosophy shift from hardware services to software. Time was people bought the most stylish looking phone. Now all phones largely look the same and it's what they do that matters.

That was the difference between Apple and Sony. The main difference between the iPod and any other mp3 player is iTunes. Apps simplified and opened up the market, whereas Sony still saw fit to try to control it with expensive, low function hardware. By the time Sony redoubled with their software solution, it was too late.

squicken

Yeah they just lost the coolness. Like with the Walkman. You could buy the JVCs and RCAs for half the price, but you just wanted to have that bright and shiny Sony logo. That logo doesn't matter anymore. All their hardware is pretty much commoditized now

U2NUMB

After more than a decade.. today might be the day my vikes get a stadium... I do not drink but I may celebrate later when it is finally written in stone!

Milchjon

Apple used software to leverage hardware. Around the turn of the century there was a philosophy shift from hardware services to software. Time was people bought the most stylish looking phone. Now all phones largely look the same and it's what they do that matters.

That was the difference between Apple and Sony. The main difference between the iPod and any other mp3 player is iTunes. Apps simplified and opened up the market, whereas Sony still saw fit to try to control it with expensive, low function hardware. By the time Sony redoubled with their software solution, it was too late.

I don't think people cared about iTunes as much initially as they did about the clickwheel.

eznark

Banned
Hunting is so lol, hey look I killed a defenseless animal with a fucking rifle!

That's an accurate assessment of hunting. Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Because it's fucking awesome!

At first I wasn't sure if you're seriously recommending a band from Minnesota, but I really like Codeine. Thanks.

I can think of no group of people better equipped to sing and dance for my amusement. Sub-human neanderthals need jobs too.

Slo

That's an accurate assessment of hunting. Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Because it's fucking awesome!

The "shooting animals" part I like. The "eating animals" part I also like. It's the "climbing a tree and sitting there for 9 hours in the 10 degree Minnesota wilderness while covered in doe urine" part that I'm not fond of.

I can think of no group of people better equipped to sing and dance for my amusement. Sub-human neanderthals need jobs too.

We bond over beer and our love for murdering things and you had to go and ruin it.

eznark

Banned
If I'm being honest I would have to say that in my experience Minnesota produces amazingly talented musicians. But if I am being me I would have to say you can go fuck yourself you flannel wearing douche, play your god damn harmonica and dance for my entertainment.

I don't hunt from stands. However I don't hate it. I love fishing though as well.

squicken

The "shooting animals" part I like. The "eating animals" part I also like. It's the "climbing a tree and sitting there for 9 hours in the 10 degree Minnesota wilderness while covered in doe urine" part that I'm not fond of.

You're doing it different than my uncle does. He runs a commercial lease, and basically, he uses those automated feeders all year, conditioning the deer to come eat at the sound of it going off. Novice hunters arrive, get plastered in the not very rustic cabin, sit in the blind, try not to make too much noise, and kill things.

Slo

You're doing it different than my uncle does. He runs a commercial lease, and basically, he uses those automated feeders all year, conditioning the deer to come eat at the sound of it going off. Novice hunters arrive, get plastered in the not very rustic cabin, sit in the blind, try not to make too much noise, and kill things.

This is where I run into problems. If you're using enclosures and feeders, at that point the sport is gone from it and I'd just rather put a bullet into a cow's head instead. Better eating.

What up, people:
4031971197_ccae535ed5.jpg

pttt.gif

squicken

This is where I run into problems. If you're using enclosures and feeders, at that point the sport is gone from it and I'd just rather put a bullet into a cow's head instead. Better eating.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/nramaker/pttt.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

100% agree. I went when I was like 13, and even then I realized it just bloodlust. Now if you are bow hunting or something that involves some degree of sport, that's different.

Talon

Is Bell's in the UP?
It's like 2 hours directly west of Ann Arbor.

I'd assume they distribute in Cincinnati. Definitely my favorite brewery of the moment. Love Three Floyds as well - Gumballhead is probably the best summer beer ever. Definitely more of an IPA lover, though.

Slo

100% agree. I went when I was like 13, and even then I realized it just bloodlust. Now if you are bow hunting or something that involves some degree of sport, that's different.

Yeah, I guess. I'm not really on a moral high horse about it, I could give a shit about deer. They're overgrown forest rats. My point is more about if you're going to shoot something that's on a leash, you might as well get exactly what you want.

eznark

Banned
It's like 2 hours directly west of Ann Arbor.

I'd assume they distribute in Cincinnati. Definitely my favorite brewery of the moment. Love Three Floyds as well - Gumballhead is probably the best summer beer ever. Definitely more of an IPA lover, though.

Oh yeah, I've definitely had it, just wasn't sure where they were. I'm heading up to Houghton in a month or so and thought I might stop by.

Gumballhead is in Muncie right? Leinie's Summer Wheat is the best hot day beer, fool.

eznark

Banned

Yeah. That's what's awesome about it. Though I've never understood baiting. It's like beating the Rams. Who gives a shit? I prefer a bit of a challenge.

Talon

Gumballhead is in Muncie right? Leinie's Summer Wheat is the best hot day beer, fool.
Yeah, Three Floyds is in Muncie. Pretty cool brewpub.

I hope by Summer Wheat that you're trying to say Summer Shandy, which would be acceptable. Sunset Wheat smells like Fruit Loops and tastes like jam.

eznark

Banned
Shandy tastes more like a beer despite the lemonade. Sunset Wheat is unofficially a Post product.

I like Shandy, but I see no beer taste there. I actually had them both last night since I had picked up one of those seasonal packs and the Wheat is certainly more beer-y. Either one is great for mowing the lawn on a 90 degree day though. They get gross after three or four.

Talon

Oberon is pretty good - sitting in my fridge right now. Not a Rogue fan, though.

Best wheat beer I've ever had was Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier. Three Floyds Gumballhead, Bell's Oberon, Widmer Hefeweizzen, and Goose 312 are my faves when I don't want to spend $9 on a bottle.

Anything outside of Blue Moon, even though I'm sure most of us were weaned on that stuff.

Top Bottom