• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Chad Jones :(. He came to my old HS after Katrina, played ball with one of my friends little brother.......Dude was a beast. Sad his story turned out like this.

I been really getting into Prison Break lately, never watched it during its run

First season is pretty fun.

Do yourself a favor and imagine that everyone dies at the end of season 1.

Hahaha, so true. First season is epic, I dunno what comes afterwards, gave up after 2.

Yep....I think I watched up till some of season 3 and I was like, "oh, fuck this shit." It just gets so ridiculous.

Giants Dr. Scott Rodeo on Chad Jones (full article)

“We consider Chad to be part of the Giants family, and we'll continue to work with him in his rehab,” general manager Jerry Reese said. “As we've said since his accident, we're thankful he is alive and able to lead a normal life.”

Jones suffered multiple fractures and nerve damage in his lower left leg in the accident in New Orleans on June 25, 2010. He underwent several hours of surgery and has spent the past two years in an arduous rehabilitation regimen. Jones spent the last two seasons on the reserve/non-football injury.

“Chad had a severe injury to his left leg, involving a complex tibial fracture with associated injury to muscle, nerves, and vascular structures,” said Dr. Scott Rodeo, a Giants associate team physician. “This type of injury is often limb threatening, and can sometimes require amputation. He has made a remarkable recovery to date, with successful salvage of the leg. However, at this time he has residual sensory loss, muscle weakness, and tenuous soft tissue coverage in the involved lower leg. The resultant functional impairment precludes his ability to perform physically at the level required for professional football.”

"We would like to thank the Giants organization for the manner in which they have supported Chad since his unfortunate accident two years ago," said Jones' agent Rocky Arceneaux. "Their genuine support and caring has far exceeded their obligations and he and his family will be eternally grateful. Chad is experiencing a minor setback and we expect a full recovery within a few months. He thanks everyone for their continued support and prayers. He will see his teammates on the field soon."

Slo

I....didn't realize there was any other way to live? Great Value food is the exact same crap 95% of the time!

I don't know what "Great Value" is, but I assume it's the Walmart generic brand. I usually shop at locally owned groceries, but I tend to stay out of those "middle" aisles wherever I shop.

All the actual food is around the edge.

bionic77

I....didn't realize there was any other way to live? Great Value food is the exact same crap 95% of the time!
What is this great value stuff?

Grocery stuff is usually shit anyways. If you ever have the time get local it is always 100 billion times better. The problem is that there is not a lot of local fruit options at any time of the year, and especially not in winter.

I am just talking from a taste perspective. I have no idea if the local stuff is any healthier than the pre-packaged and preserved stuff that comes from all over the world to your grocery store.

Milchjon

Classy, Giants. Melikes.

Yeah, pretty nice of them.

This exchange between Peter King and Brady, on the other hand, is rather depressing:

I've wanted to ask Brady about one play in the Super Bowl since the game was played. Early in the fourth quarter, with New England up 17-15, Brady escaped traffic in the pocket, faded right, and threw the ball 54 yards in the air, aiming for tight end Rob Gronkowski. The ball was underthrown by four to six yards, and New York linebacker Chase Blackburn intercepted it.

"Has anything happened to your arm, or your arm strength, that prevented you from throwing that ball where you wanted it?'' I asked.

"No,'' he said. "It was a bad throw. Bad throw. You hope your bad throws don't come at big times or really hurt the team, but that one did. Bad throw, bad decision.''

I don't think it was a bad decision at all. I thought it was a good decision and a good matchup -- the athletic Gronkowski on the not-so-athletic Blackburn. It was just underthrown. I could hear the disappointment about the play in Brady's voice, and I don't blame him for that. He had to watch that play on replay and say, Are you kidding me? Chase Blackburn in coverage and I can't get it over that guy's head?

"I can throw the ball today as far as I've ever been able to throw it,'' Brady said. "That's not the issue there. [Brett] Favre threw it great in his last year or so. Jamie Moyer's still getting people out. That's not a problem.''
Bah, it's been 3 months and the loss is still bringing me down occasionally. Fucking thing sucks.

Brady also goes on to say he still wants to play another 10 years.

Junie12

Yeah, pretty nice of them.

This exchange between Peter King and Brady, on the other hand, is rather depressing:

Bah, it's been 3 months and the loss is still bringing me down occasionally. Fucking thing sucks.

Brady also goes on to say he still wants to play another 10 years.

I don't think you'll ever get over Super Bowl loss so no surprise there :p

As for Brady playing for 10 years..

Yeah good luck with that.

Milchjon

I don't think you'll ever get over Super Bowl loss so no surprise there :p

As for Brady playing for 10 years..

Yeah good luck with that.

I think the most troubling aspect is that he actually mentions Favre in his argument. Don't do it, Tommy, I'll always love you even without a 4th ring! No need to Favre up the place.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think the most troubling aspect is that he actually mentions Favre in his argument. Don't do it, Tommy, I'll always love you even without a 4th ring! No need to Favre up the place.

Any year now he's going to have that drop-off season.

He probably has 3...maybe 4 decent years left.

Milchjon

Any year now he's going to have that drop-off season.

He probably has 3...maybe 4 decent years left.

Well, I'm not that afraid yet, as his style doesn't rely on physicality all that much. I'd love to keep him forever.

How did you guys cope when your first football childhood hero retired? I don't know football without Brady...

Nightz

Chargers got all 7 of their draft picks signed. Nice to get it out of the way early so these guys can focus on learning the schemes.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well, I'm not that afraid yet, as his style doesn't rely on physicality all that much. I'd love to keep him forever.

How did you guys cope when your first football childhood hero retired? I don't know football without Brady...

Before or after he stabbed Wisconsin in the back?

Alternatively...which time?

Milchjon

Turning 25 feels almost like turning 30, which almost feels like turning 40, which almost feels like crumbling in to dust. Needless to say, I'll have a serious case of pre-midlife crisis later this year.

Bowser

Turning 25 feels almost like turning 30, which almost feels like turning 40, which almost feels like crumbling in to dust. Needless to say, I'll have a serious case of pre-midlife crisis later this year.

I turn 25 in 6 months :(

So weird that I've been on GAF for at least a decade now.

Jason Peters ruptured his Achilles. Again.

The culprit:

8itGm.jpg

Top Bottom