• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Sanjuro

So fellow Patriots fans am I the only one concerned about Vollmer? He is already on PUP, but he can come off any time during training camp. If he isn't healthy this year the Pats oline will definitely not be as good as it was last season. I'm also worried about Mankins, and the oline in general.

Vollmer, yes.
Mankins, no.

bionic77

So I'm guessing the Pats are planning on just replacing all of their receivers with TE's?
Receivers are generally too black and it doesn't fit in with the Pats philosophy that white is right. Now that Welker wants money the Pats won't be able to keep the only good white receiver in the league so it is obvious that they had to go all tight ends. That is ok with me because the Steelers have problems with the small, fast guys but we can cover the more physical tight ends just fine.

And I don't think I ever really loved any job I had. But currently I am making mad bank as a pizza delivery person. Pretty close to getting that PS3 that I have had on layaway for the past 4 years.

Milchjon

Receivers are generally too black and it doesn't fit in with the Pats philosophy that white is right. Now that Welker wants money the Pats won't be able to keep the only good white receiver in the league so it is obvious that they had to go all tight ends. That is ok with me because the Steelers have problems with the small, fast guys but we can cover the more physical tight ends just fine.

1. You just said something positive about a Patriot.
2. Jordy Nelson?

bionic77

1. You just said something positive about a Patriot.
2. Jordy Nelson?
Yeah I guess Nelson is good.

And Welker is not going to be a Pat for much longer. He is going to look great in Black and Gold so I am just getting ready. The one part of the Pats I do like is their front office because they always try and fuck Tom Brady in the ass, much like his wife. They underpay him and then instead of using that money to get quality players or resign the receivers he likes, they let them go and instead Kraft spends that money on his new yacht.

I can't hate on those who treat Brady so badly.

Colasante

Yeah I guess Nelson is good.

And Welker is not going to be a Pat for much longer. He is going to look great in Black and Gold so I am just getting ready. The one part of the Pats I do like is their front office because they always try and fuck Tom Brady in the ass, much like his wife. They underpay him and then instead of using that money to get quality players or resign the receivers he likes, they let them go and instead Kraft spends that money on his new yacht.

I can't hate on those who treat Brady so badly.

Don't get too excited, the Jets will almost certainly overpay for Welker in free agency next year just to stick it to Patriots fans.

bionic77

Don't get too excited, the Jets will almost certainly overpay for Welker in free agency next year just to stick it to Patriots fans.
That does sound exciting.

Tebow will cure Welker's baldness, fix his penis and teach him how to catch the ball on his making him the Jets go to receiver when they repeat in 2013.

squicken

Damn the Jags owner came out and said no deal for MoJo

“There’s no decision here,” Khan said. “It’s his choice. There’s been very little for us to do rather than wait on whatever he might choose to do.”

Asked if he had made a decision by not giving Jones-Drew the new deal he wants, Khan replied: “There’s more than 50 players under contract. There are other people under contract in management, coaches. Does that mean if you do it for one, you do it for everybody? Where do you draw the line?”

http://jacksonville.com/sports/foot...had-khan-no-plans-new-deal-maurice-jones-drew

squicken

That was not a smart move....unless your plan is to alienate fans and move to London.

I almost certain that is his plan (not London though). Athletes are nothing if not prideful and he just dared his single talented offensive player to hold out. Blackmon isn't close to signing b/c they are taking a hard line on his DUI. So it's just Gabbert and . . .

bionic77

Moving an NFL to London is a horrible idea.

The NFL will never compete with soccer over there.

If it moves it is going to LA. Which is weird because Khan is from Detroit I think.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seriously why should they pay MJD?

He's under contract, they haven't won shit with him, they won't win shit with him this year or any other year. They should have traded him years ago, but why give him more money now? Let him hold out, he will eventually come crawling back and if he doesn't it ain't the end of the world.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wait, in what movie? On the Road?
I don't think I remember that from the book.

Why did she make that public though? Telling other directors she's looking for (man-)parts?

It came out on the cover of one of those weekly trashy tabloid magazines, either People or US I think. Pictures and everything .

squicken

Wait, in what movie? On the Road?
I don't think I remember that from the book.

Why did she make that public though? Telling other directors she's looking for (man-)parts?

The book sucks. Movie looks Oscar caliber.

Seriously why should they pay MJD?

He's under contract, they haven't won shit with him, they won't win shit with him this year or any other year. They should have traded him years ago, but why give him more money now? Let him hold out, he will eventually come crawling back and if he doesn't it ain't the end of the world.

They should trade him. It's dumb to give him a contract, especially since he's already playing under a big extension he signed a few years ago. But he's been their only guy and they should try to accommodate him if they can. Tank for Barkley/LA

So fellow Patriots fans am I the only one concerned about Vollmer? He is already on PUP, but he can come off any time during training camp. If he isn't healthy this year the Pats oline will definitely not be as good as it was last season. I'm also worried about Mankins, and the oline in general.

Vollmer is on PUP again? Well fuck me. It's gonna be interesting, losing Light sucks a lot. Vollmer is made of glass, was some severe drop-off in Koppen his game in the last 2 seasons, I just hope Waters returns in shape and ready to go and it will all depend on Solder his growth.

So week 1 depending on Vollmer it would be Solder - Mankins (if fully recoverd) - Koppen - Waters - Cannon ? Cannon showed some promise last year and so did Solder so
Basically in Scarneccia we trust.

And I don't think I ever really loved any job I had. But currently I am making mad bank as a pizza delivery person. Pretty close to getting that PS3 that I have had on layaway for the past 4 years.

I laughed way too hard at this part :jnc

Haaaawwwt, I need to direct a movie and hire her so we can have an affair. With her, Emma Stone and Anne Hathaway.

squicken

Did SF fans know Harbaugh is a religious guy?

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/07/two-years-ago-jim-harbaugh.html

Harbaugh first visited Piura in 2009 after hearing a friend describe his own experience with the Most Blessed Sacrament Parrish there. The 49ers coach has been going back ever since, and he even missed a rookie minicamp -- gasp-worthy when it comes to control-freak NFL coaches -- to go this year. He used the word "transformational" three times in a recent interview in describing the effect of the visits.

Asked how he's been transformed, Harbaugh hesitated a bit. "In some ways, it's a little uncomfortable talking about it," he said. "The scripture says, 'Don't let your left hand know what your right hand's doing,' you know? On the other hand, it's so good. It's not only been a great experience for me but my friends that I want to tell people about it. I feel like I should share this. I'm lucky to participate and be surrounded by so much good."

Harbaugh goes with a group of friends - contrary to what he's said in the past, he has several - and each of them sponsors a child in the town north of Lima where 60 percent of the population lives in poverty and 20 percent is in extreme poverty.

In Piura, Harbaugh is known not as Jim but Diego. He's not sure if it's because Diego is Spanish for James or because during his first visit was decked out in University of San Diego gear. He said he was being taught how to build houses during that initial visit when the locals started calling him by his alternate name.

Sokantish

Man I was looking through some of my old stuff that I never unpacked, and found some NFL cards my dad gave me a while ago.

cardscrxjy.jpg

Gee, thanks dad! I think he had high hopes for Russell.

squicken

No deal for Wallace. Seems to be a holdout looming

The Steelers believe Mike Wallace will not report today for training camp and will resume a holdout that occurred all spring over contract negotiations.

With that stance by Wallace, the Steelers are likely to suspend negotiations on a multiple-year contract for their Pro Bowl wide receiver.

Next move, then, is up to Wallace apparently. He can either sign his one-year, $2.472 million offer on the table and report to training camp or, stay away.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/...steelers-likely-to-suspend-talks-with-wallace

Man I was looking through some of my old stuff that I never unpacked, and found some NFL cards my dad gave me a while ago.

cardscrxjy.jpg

Gee, thanks dad! I think he had high hopes for Russell.

You couldn't teach the size and natural athleticism he had when came into the league.

Unfortunately, you can't unteach fat and lazy.

Colasante

Patriots release RB Joseph Addai. I'm glad. I didn't like the idea of having the player who scored the winning TD in the 2006 AFC championship game against us on the team.

Im pretty sure I have a Randy Moss rookie card somewhere.

Not that it matters, its not like sports cards are worth more than the cardstock they are printed on.

Sokantish

Randy Moss is pretty okay, but he's no Jamarcus Russell. I still have a bunch of Shaq rookie cards, but yeah its too bad cards aren't as valuable as they use to be.

G-Fex

I hate that my part of the state has intertwined raiders football with gang affiliation for I don't know how many years. SMH California.

ChanHuk

Banned
Patriots release RB Joseph Addai. I'm glad. I didn't like the idea of having the player who scored the winning TD in the 2006 AFC championship game against us on the team.

I hope the Raiders take a look at him, he's a good pass blocker and can run routes. If he comes cheaper than Benson, I'm all for it.

squicken

I still applaud the Rams for getting bent over so thoroughly with the London game and then trying to sell it to the fans as a good thing. Most owners would be embarrassed that another owner him in the against his will, but Stan seems pretty okay with it

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So with training camps starting up is this when NFL-GAF posters start showing up again and warm up for the trash talk and shit hurling of the season?

Top Bottom