• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Really starting to wonder if it's either the Giants training program causing all these injuries or if they just fall prey to crazy odds.

squicken

Did Charlie Sheen really buy LT's ring?

He's a huge memorabilia nut so it wouldn't surprise me. It might be crazy to say but I think Charlie has made sooo much money it will be difficult to go broke buying stupid crap and snorting coke out of hookers' assholes

Ænima

I agree too. Brees is a self serving asshole.
I think we can all agree that Brees is a smug douche, but I don't think he should give the Saints some great discount to sign him. If he hit the FA market there would be teams lining up to make him the highest paid QB in the league, so Carnecki believing that he is a system QB is completely irrelevant to the realities of the market. Also it is a joke to say he is worth less than Peyton right now considering Peyton's age and recent injury history.

Steelers age, what are your opinions of our draft picks?

DeCastro is touted as a near lock for stardom. Adams has the talent, but his work ethic is questionable, which makes his candidacy for first year starter at LT suspicious.

I'm in love with Sean Spence. He's small and underweight, but wow does this guy have a brain on him. If only Timmons had Spence's smarts.

Ta'amu i'm rather cold to now, because there's a rumor going around that he quit against DeCastro amd Stanford. We'll see.

Rainey is probably the biggest boom/bust guy we picked. He has clear talent, but he's also a fumbler and severely underweight. He'll never be an every down back and he can't handle blocking but he should be a dynamo in space.

Will wait until training camp to judge Clemons but it seems he has the skill.

Yeah, Decastro is the lone lock. I think Adams should at least be a 2nd stringer....the rest, I have no idea. The thing is, Tomlin seems so much less rigid on playing the young guys as opposed to his start with the team in '07. So, with that in mind, I think these will get some good looks. The Rainey thing is interesting because I think they got Haley a toy, seems he wants to feature backs more in the passing game so trying to get Rainey in the open field should be a key. But, that's provided he's able to digest a playbook. Should be an interesting preseason.

Vyer

Damn, I see that DirecTV has free Sunday Ticket this year when you sign a 2 yr. I almost wonder if that is worth getting back into a contract. lol

You must have us confused with the 49ers.

Redskins are a bottom feeder and will always be that as long as your owner has his dick in cookie jar all the time. You know this bruh!

The silver lining for the skins is that they are so horrible drafting players that those 3 first rounders were worthless to them anyways

Im so excited for this season

-Can the 49ers have another good year?
-Can the Lions keep it up?
-How will Luck fare in Indy?
-Will Shanahan be able to turn RG3 into a SCAM type beast?
-How will Cutler use his new weapons and will forte be in the backfield?
-How will AP come back?
-Will the Saints be terrible with all the shit that's gone down?
-Can the Eagles pick it up from where they left off the second half last year?
-TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW
-Bills comeback?
-How will losing the DPOY affect the Ravens D?
-Can houston keep it up without a key piece on D?
-Will CJ2k be more than CJ1k?
-PEYTON
-AFC WEST? LOL

Will gator use the same stupid joke for the 10 millionth time?

I haven't even used that joke before.

1334947127-slapfight.gif

Milchjon

Another one was his rushing TD against the Ravens in the playoffs with old-ass slow Ray Lewis diving headfirst into his lower back. His legs almost made contact with the back of his helmet. Fucking busted murderer.

Brady is tough, NO ONE CAN DENY THIS.

Another one was his rushing TD against the Ravens in the playoffs with old-ass slow Ray Lewis diving headfirst into his lower back. His legs almost made contact with the back of his helmet. Fucking busted murderer.

Brady is tough, NO ONE CAN DENY THIS.

Brady is the toughest QB in the league.

cdyhybrid

yep. mike singletary was silly, so was mike nolan and countless other coaches. seahawks will be losers until they get rid of pete. but i'm rooting for him to be the seachickens coach for a long, long time!

Being coy with the media has nothing to do with being a good coach. The jury is still out on Pete this go-round.

RBH

jim-brown-vert-jgjpg-383039f187a74963_medium.jpg

Ever since the Browns traded three low-round draft picks to move up one spot to No. 3 in the first round and secure the selection of running back Trent Richardson, Jim Brown has been the Holy Grail of interview-seekers.

The day of the draft – long hours before Richardson was assured of going to the Browns – the greatest running back of all time delivered a stinging commentary on Richardson on the Scott Van Pelt Show on ESPN Radio.

“I think he’s ordinary,” Brown said on April 26.

Reached Wednesday night at his Hollywood Hills home, Brown expounded on his feelings.

“When you think of greatness and the great backs, they all had some individual traits that you can identify – quickness, balance, power, speed,” Brown said. “I think the kid is a good working back, and if you’ve got everything else around him he can play his role. But when it comes to outstanding, I don’t see anything outstanding about him. It’s not said in a cruel manner. He’s very efficient, and that’s what you want.”

I asked on what Brown is basing his observations.

“I’m basing them on highlights, and highlights show the best of you,” he said. “But here’s the deal, he can change everything that I’ve said.”

Keeping it real: Brown, 76, has been estranged from the franchise for which he starred from 1957 through 1965 on various occasions over the years, though he considers himself "a Cleveland Brown forever." The current frosty relationship stemmed from his dismissal as an “executive advisor” by Browns President Mike Holmgren two years ago.

The parting, which cost Brown about $500,000 in annual income according to sources, was a textbook PR disaster. Brown, the franchise’s greatest player, boycotted the team’s inaugural Ring of Honor ceremony in 2010 and compounded his conspicuous absence with a scathing letter to Holmgren, charging him with disrespect.

“Browns fans believe you’re a bitter man and that’s why you’re saying these things about Richardson,” I said to Brown.

“That’s so petty and so ridiculous,” Brown replied. “Anyone that thinks that I’m a guy that goes around bashing anybody … I (criticized) a lot of people in my career … I talked about Tiger Woods (before his scandal) and challenged him, and O.J. (Simpson), because of certain hypocrisy. But the Browns speak for themselves.

“What have I said about the Browns other than the fact that Richardson is an ordinary back? There’s so much I could say. So you tell all those people that want to look at me, look at what you’ve got. You’re sitting on a mess. You’ve got a guy that doesn’t give interviews except in other cities. I ask all the people in Cleveland, do you get the impression that Mr. Holmgren wants to be there? If you do, then tell me.”

Holmgren has said he is “all in” on his commitment to turning around the fortunes of the Browns. He made a thorough round of interviews to Cleveland media outlets shortly after the draft.

Back to Richardson: “Let me ask you a question,” Brown said to me. “I haven’t heard anyone say anything special about (Richardson). Have you?”

I said a lot of people considered Richardson the best offensive player in the draft other than the quarterbacks taken ahead of him, Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III.

“Well, they see something I don’t see,” Brown responded.

I said Richardson has been compared favorably to his hometown hero, Emmitt Smith, who happens to be the NFL’s all-time leading rusher. I said that from my own observation, Richardson’s 5-9 ½, 228-pound physique and renowned weight-room strength would seem to make him a running back extremely difficult to tackle.

“If you look at Emmitt Smith and the kind of blocking he had, I don’t think he’d have close to the career he had (without it),” Brown said. “But if you take a Gale Sayers, Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson … Earl Campbell, there’s something special there.

“Emmitt was a warrior. But when it comes to the first level of backs, Emmitt would not be in my first level. So when I look at Richardson, I see adequate speed, adequate power, and a good attitude. But I don’t see anything special. And I don’t know if anyone can tell me there’s anything special.”

I said to Brown that Richardson looks freakishly strong.

“You’re not gonna come into pro football dealing with how strong you are,” Brown responded. “They’ve got enough people dealing with strength. Your quickness and your speed are the two assets that I would look at. Look at Earl Campbell. Earl was quick. You have to have a certain kind of quickness, certain kind of speed, and then your strength comes into it.

“But you’re not going to make it with strength and ordinary speed and quickness. I don’t think it’s even an issue. When you deal with Richardson, he comes out of that Alabama mold. He’ll work hard for you, and he’s kind of an all-around back. But if you look at Cleveland, I would have gotten me a couple of receivers.”

Richardson universally has been hailed as the best running back to enter the NFL since Adrian Peterson (in 2007). How does Brown feel about that?

“Adrian Peterson, I loved him when I first saw him and I still do,” Brown said. “He gets hurt, but that’s a special talent. He’s got good size, great speed and great quickness. In pro football, you can be a workmanlike guy that fits in to a good team and you do things that they need you to do and you’re worth it. But if you’re talking about a top draft pick and someone who’s gonna have instant impact on your team, I don’t see the kid that way.”

Final points: I’ve enjoyed a dialogue with Jim Brown since I first covered the Browns in 1984. Before that, I came from the generation whose fathers adored him. I can still hear my father, glued to the black-and-white TV, exclaiming, “Look at him. He’s an animal, the way he runs.”

I do not believe Brown is saying these things about Richardson because of bitterness toward the present Browns’ management, although it’s obvious that bitterness exists. I am giving him the benefit of doubt as the everlasting conscience of the position of NFL running back. I simply disagree with him.

“Here’s my last thing to you,” Jim Brown said. “I think Richardson is a fine young man. I think he’s a good all-around football player. But from my standpoint, that’s ordinary. You talk about someone that’s going to move or light up the franchise or create a certain kind of thing, that’s what I’m talking about. I’m not trying to be mean. There are certain people you look at and there’s something special about them. I don’t see it.”
http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&post_id=1160

Top Bottom