• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

Rorschach

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm watchng the latest game of thrones episode. This battle is so pathetic. It's like 10 v. 10. How does HBO not have better production values than this??
Parts of it were good, but yeah, it seemed like 20 dudes fighting in someone's back yard. They had enough extras standing around during some scenes, but I guess they didn't have enough to arm them all or coordinate them...

eznark

Banned
Parts of it were good, but yeah, it seemed like 20 dudes fighting in someone's back yard. They had enough extras standing around during some scenes, but I guess they didn't have enough to arm them all or coordinate them...

Specifically anything involving any main actors was terrible. Seemed like they did some cool stuff during the voice over, but good lord how does this show not have better production values?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It's a sure sign that you're getting old when you start watching the food network.

Bah, I was watching 10 years ago for original Iron Chef and Good Eats. As time passed the channel started to go through MTV syndrome and played less and less actual cooking programming and more random/reality crap.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Bah, I was watching 10 years ago for original Iron Chef and Good Eats. As time passed the channel started to go through MTV syndrome and played less and less actual cooking programming and more random/reality crap.

Speaking of which, apparently the History channel has History 2 now that actually shows stuff on History.

Certainly haven't seen that before!......

Does MTV 2 even show music videos now?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Speaking of which, apparently the History channel has History 2 now that actually shows stuff on History.

Certainly haven't seen that before!......

Yeah, Food Network ended up spinning off the Cooking Channel for actual cooking related programming.

jakncoke

Banned
tumblr_lr43eik7KD1r23w17o1_500.jpg

squicken

I never watch TV and my cable hookup doesn't really come with a channel guide, so I was basically scrolling through 300 channels trying to find Spike TV. Somehow I don't get that, but I do get Chinese state-run TV.

And I also get a channel entirely devoted to Korean music. So I need an explanation on exactly wtf is going on with pretty much everything regarding the singers and the music. Like they dress and do their hair and wear makeup like Final Fantasy characters. But then they start rapping. And have skull necklaces and walk all swaggery and fist pumping towards my TV. Only, like I said, they look like Final Fantasy characters

Rorschach

Specifically anything involving any main actors was terrible. Seemed like they did some cool stuff during the voice over, but good lord how does this show not have better production values?

They always blow their wad on one scene, then remember they had a budget...

Good Eats was awesome. Pretty much all the networks suffered the "MTV Syndrome." History, biography, and Discovery channels are all lost for good.

snesfreak

Banned
So I have a little event set up for the game, where you're in a shack out in the woods somewhere.
And you have to reboot GAF's server.
It's an old Packard Bell, probably a 486 or something.

squicken

Maybe I'm just reading the wrong stuff, but it sure seems like there isn't a lot of positive hype for Wii2. It seems odd that a couple of previously announced games would get pulled, even if it was THQ. But why would Metro not be coming to Wii2? That thing will destroy high end gaming rigs, so it's not like it couldn't use the head room of console more powerful than the 360

eznark

Banned
Maybe I'm just reading the wrong stuff, but it sure seems like there isn't a lot of positive hype for Wii2. It seems odd that a couple of previously announced games would get pulled, even if it was THQ. But why would Metro not be coming to Wii2? That thing will destroy high end gaming rigs, so it's not like it couldn't use the head room of console more powerful than the 360

THQ is pulling back everywhere just to stay solvent. They can't afford to gamble on an unreleased console.

Either means you need a glove, or you haven't been playing enough consistent golf to build up a resistance.

Have a glove for my left hand, but got the small blister on my right. But it's been a while since I've played. I've been neglecting my golf skills for a while, but now I've moved I found out that I live like 10 minutes from a beautiful course, so it's time to do something with my god given golftalent again. :D

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
There wasn't a lot of positive hype for the Wii1, either.
Either means you need a glove, or you haven't been playing enough consistent golf to build up a resistance.
Or you have little girl hands. That blister will do you good!

eznark

Banned
If Saints Row 3 selling like 4 million can keep them from this then I doubt that game will either

You seem to have a sort of fundamental misunderstanding about their position. They've pulled back and are taking fewer chances but they're still publishing games. You seem to think they are on the brink of collapse. They basically need to ride out a few quarters to get uDraw off their books and they will be fine. With Saints Row DLC and the WWF game coming out in successive quarters they will probably expand again in fiscal 2013. I guess I don't know what "this" you are referring to.

If they were facing impending financial collapse they wouldn't be pushing games out of release windows to maximize profitability, they'd be forcing them into stores to rapidly generate cash flow.

jakncoke

Banned
You seem to have a sort of fundamental misunderstanding about their position. They've pulled back and are taking fewer chances but they're still publishing games. You seem to think they are on the brink of collapse. They basically need to ride out a few quarters to get uDraw off their books and they will be fine. With Saints Row DLC and the WWF game coming out in successive quarters they will probably expand again in fiscal 2013. I guess I don't know what "this" you are referring to.

If they were facing impending financial collapse they wouldn't be pushing games out of release windows to maximize profitability, they'd be forcing them into stores to rapidly generate cash flow.

Well they have untill July 23rd to trade at 1 dollar for 10 sessions or get delisted , have very low cash flow from what I gather. I dunno dude. Looks pretty bleak to me.

edit: lol they haven't trade at 1 dollar since Dec 7th 2011

eznark

Banned
Well they have untill July 23rd to trade at 1 dollar for 10 sessions or get delisted , have very low cash flow from what I gather. I dunno dude. Looks pretty bleak to me.

edit: lol they haven't trade at 1 dollar since Dec 7th 2011

Being delisted doesn't mean they are suddenly out of business.

Porting UDraw over to PS360 and intending it to sell was a terrible mistake, as was thinking that they could sell Udraw as a standalone subsystem fir Wii so late into its life.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Assassins Creed Vita is taking place in New Orleans. Pretty neat, game sounds more exciting than AC3 itself.

And I always knew Drew Brees was a Templar.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
We can't have one of our own living on the streets. Let's do a Kickstarter to find our #1 Seahawks fan a home!

eznark

Banned
Sure but thats pretty bad. dont you think?

btdubbs nfl-age i might be mia for awhile. gf parents are kicking me out

Yeah it's obviously not good and it's why the cut back a lot of production (I wanted that 40k MMO so bad!) but they can lean out for six quarters and be fine.

If you want to stay on the compound I have a tent you can use.

Top Bottom