• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

I just got out of court.

Someone summarize the Nintendo press conference for me. Did they release specs or a price for it?
Started well for WiiU, showed some decent 3DS stuff (though no Fire Emblem, bastards!), then quickly turned into a bore-fest.

No Retro game announced, no Monolithsoft game announced (lol, would Nintendo of America even show it if they had it?), no new Zelda, no mainline Mario game, no Smash Bros, no Metroid, no Starfox, etc

ON the plus side: Pikmin! New Super Mario Bros U! 3rd party 360 ports!

squicken

The whole premise of the tablet, as least as Reggie kept going on about, is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist in NA. No one needs the screen to do the work of the TV. And why take your eyes off of the giant flatscreen you have to stare at the little, low rez WiiU screen. It just doesn't seem fun.

I didn't like the Wii Waggle stuff or the scale, but I could see how people would enjoy it. I just can't see that little screen being additive. It seems like it would just be annoying

Fox318

The whole premise of the tablet, as least as Reggie kept going on about, is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist in NA. No one needs the screen to do the work of the TV. And why take your eyes off of the giant flatscreen you have to stare at the little, low rez WiiU screen. It just doesn't seem fun.

I didn't like the Wii Waggle stuff or the scale, but I could see how people would enjoy it. I just can't see that little screen being additive. It seems like it would just be annoying

Not to mention the fact that it is a resistant touch screen in an era when multitoch is key.

Get yourself and android tablet from gamestop and buy 300 games for $25 bucks.

They even have pc ports with Onlive.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just got out of court.

Someone summarize the Nintendo press conference for me. Did they release specs or a price for it?

Not really and no. We saw demos of games and there are leaked specs.

I'll probably get one so in the end, what does Nintendo care since I'm buying the darn thing but that controller is probably going to severely hamstring the specs of the system in order to keep the overall cost down.

OK, now I'm legitimately concerned.

snesfreak still hasn't posted after the conference.
snes, are you OK? If you're OK, post "YOU PEOPLE!!!!"
gol15.jpg

snesfreak

Banned
I'm fine, it's everyone else who are melting down.
And people who had no intention of buying the Wii U regardless of what games it has.
You know, like people in this thread.

squicken

I really can't believe the games are sub-PS3. That demo of ZombieU all but confirmed it. The entire concept of the Wii U baffles me. How does it solve their third party problem when in 2014 no AAA third party games can run on their system?

squicken

So Keighley cuts off the Dishonored guys rights as they show the use of a high level skill and cuts to a pre-recorded Usher interview? Good job on that

Sanjuro

Pac Man for Roku is just standard. :(

Not....you know....not like I bought it or anything.

That's too bad. Pac-Man CE would easily make my top ten for this current generation. The only other version I've played is for the Android/IOS which paled drastically in comparison.

snesfreak

Banned
Gaming side is especially dangerous right now, with all the venom being spewed at Nintendo.
Think I'll stay here for a few months.

Top Bottom