• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Eleuin

google-search-map2.jpg

Massachusetts...lol

Konka

Banned
LvnKhvT.jpg

Onions are caramelizing and baked beans are on the grill. Brats and beer will be added to the onions shortly.

Oh for sure. Hard to fault FV pick of Donald when he went one pick later. Similar w/SEA and Bitonio when he went high in 2nd round. Noodle hitting on Dennard is pretty well done since it is so much harder later on.

Bortles, even though I am not a fan, I agree with the philosophy of making sure to get the QB you absolutely want and not get cute with "value".

Dolphins and Carolina had such awful needs that I can see why they took those guys where they did. I think Benjamin is going to be a huge bust but they had to have someone. They just were in a tough spot. Too many holes to trade up and lose picks, but they had to get a WR. I'm sure they deflated when NO got Cooks. Phins with James, even if/when he washes out at tackles, can hopefully play guard

It's hard to say "reach", but I am still perplexed by the Eagles pick, mostly. Chip earned some patience but it still seems weird

The most impressive pick has gotta be the Patriots one. I mean was Easley even on the majority of mock draft boards? I know I shit on them a lot but they really nailed that one.

I agree that Benjamin has "bust" written all over him. I think Speed and drops will definitely be an issue. He's used to being the biggest guy in the room and the ball floating effortlessly into his hands. I don't think he'll handle the rude awakening well. That's pretty ironic since I was so high on him at the beginning of draft season.

Eagles mock pick makes sense to me - Yankeehater hates Foles. Pretty cut and dry.

One note about the Steelers - while i'm happy about the pick, I think I can say confidently that NO ONE saw it coming. When Goddell called his name I had to google him - I knew nothing about him and didn't ever think of the Steelers taking him. All the team boards I visit were doing the same. That said I knew they weren't going OL or Cornerback.

WedgeX

Banned
Three days to myself. Have finished Justified, True Detective. Am paused on The Wire, West Wing, and Adams due to watching commitments. Have Amazon Prime, Xfinity On Demand. Do I watch the Pacific, Generation Kill, Deadwood, something else?

Looking for something serialized, engaging.

Three days to myself. Have finished Justified, True Detective. Am paused on The Wire, West Wing, and Adams due to watching commitments. Have Amazon Prime, Xfinity On Demand. Do I watch the Pacific, Generation Kill, Deadwood, something else?

The Shield. It's on amazon prime.

BigAT

I'm going to assume you've already seen Band of Brothers. The Pacific is better than Generation Kill. Can't speak to Deadwood as I've never seen it.

I'm going to assume you've already seen Band of Brothers. The Pacific is better than Generation Kill. Can't speak to Deadwood as I've never seen it.

Haven't watched Deadwood though I hear great things about it. Pacific is better than Generation but nowhere close to Band of Brothers. If you haven't seen Band of Brothers yet, get hopping on that.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Deadwood is amazing. It will require your full attention, though, and it doesn't have an ending. It was cancelled midstream. :(

Farooq

Banned
The most impressive pick has gotta be the Patriots one. I mean was Easley even on the majority of mock draft boards? I know I shit on them a lot but they really nailed that one.

I agree that Benjamin has "bust" written all over him. I think Speed and drops will definitely be an issue. He's used to being the biggest guy in the room and the ball floating effortlessly into his hands. I don't think he'll handle the rude awakening well. That's pretty ironic since I was so high on him at the beginning of draft season.

Eagles mock pick makes sense to me - Yankeehater hates Foles. Pretty cut and dry.

One note about the Steelers - while i'm happy about the pick, I think I can say confidently that NO ONE saw it coming. When Goddell called his name I had to google him - I knew nothing about him and didn't ever think of the Steelers taking him. All the team boards I visit were doing the same. That said I knew they weren't going OL or Cornerback.

The Cowboys definitely did not see it coming. They were on the phone with Shazier's agent about their intentions to draft him. I know they discussed over 20 different mock scenarios, and I guess they never really figured the Steelers would take Shazier.

Greg

made good progress on a project earlier, just kicked ass in cornhole, today is ping pong day, and one of my best friends is in town tonight

#jackpot

WedgeX

Banned
Top Bottom