• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Fox318

Rk55tik.png

Got into this big discussion with a guy at work. Let's say we are planning the first manned mission to Mars and you have a chance to go. You know for sure that you cannot return and you will live for 6 months upon arrival. You can't take anyone else with you. Would you do it? I said no, the guy I work with said yes.

Spinluck

Got into this big discussion with a guy at work. Let's say we are planning the first manned mission to Mars and you have a chance to go. You know for sure that you cannot return and you will live for 6 months upon arrival. You can't take anyone else with you. Would you do it? I said no, the guy I work with said yes.

There was a GAF thread on that once.

I would say yes in a heartbeat. Why wouldn't you?
Basically because of my ties to Earth. I wouldn't want to leave my wife and child. I realize that our time here is short but still, it seems like a selfish decision to me if you have those constraints. Plus, I like the possibility of sticking around Earth for another 50 years or so.

rando14

No because I'd miss the football season!! :cool:

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Why the hell would you say no? 6 months to be a world wide super hero and get to be that dude in space?

I'd give up everything I have for the chance and it ain't even a competition.

No. Why did your co-worker say yes?

Why the hell would you choose to die? Sounds like an easy decision for me. Now if you say there's a good chance you make it back alive then maybe that becomes a hard decision.

Lol at the notion of world wide super hero... no one gonna give two fucks beside the super nerds.

Konka

Banned
Why the hell would you choose to die? Sounds like an easy decision for me. Now if you say there's a good chance you make it back alive then maybe that becomes a hard decision.

Lol at the notion of world wide super hero... no one gonna give two fucks beside the super nerds.

We all die. I can see the allure of choosing that way to go.

No. Why did your co-worker say yes?
He says he'd do it in a heartbeat. He has two young kids and he's married but he says it would be cooler for the kids to have a dad who was the first one on Mars than a normal dad. Basically he just wants to be the first guy on Mars and to experience what no other human has.

I disagree with the dad point. If your dad is Michael Jordan it's cool that he's famous and all but if he is never there for you I think you'd get over the fame part pretty quickly. No kid wants their dad to leave them for any reason, no matter how "cool" it is. Right?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

The question should say "at least 6 months" to make it better.

Also, I think we have a good avatar for Gata for his next bet!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
He says he'd do it in a heartbeat. He has two young kids and he's married but he says it would be cooler for the kids to have a dad who was the first one on Mars than a normal dad. Basically he just wants to be the first guy on Mars and to experience what no other human has.

I disagree with the dad point. If your dad is Michael Jordan it's cool that he's famous and all but if he is never there for you I think you'd get over the fame part pretty quickly. No kid wants their dad to leave them for any reason, no matter how "cool" it is. Right?

I mean, does MJ mail some checks home? Cause I could listen to Linkin Park on some really nice headphones and shit.

Konka

Banned
At that time I'll be in Vegas.. Start off the night with a bottle of goose..

But will not enjoy the 100+° temp

Blame it on the goose, got you feelin loose,
Blame it on the patron, got you in the zone
Blame it on the a a a a a alcohol
Blame it on the a a a a a alcohol

bionic77

Is it 5 o'clock yet?
I have been up since 5. Went to sleep at midnight (excited after spurs win and internet meltdown that followed). Working until 5pm and then I have to take my kids to a birthday party that is a 40 minute drive.

You lazy degenerates need to get jobs and stop living off of me and eznarks handouts.

Greg

I have been up since 5. Went to sleep at midnight (excited after spurs win and internet meltdown that followed). Working until 5pm and then I have to take my kids to a birthday party that is a 40 minute drive.

You lazy degenerates need to get jobs and stop living off of me and eznarks handouts.
I've never been to a birthday party that was 40 minutes away

tell your kids catch a cab or tough shit!

bionic77

With coffee I have survived for long periods sleeping less than 3 hours a day (twins with no help biiiiiitch).

Without the aid of coffee I need at least 6 hours.

cdyhybrid

Going to be in Seattle next week. Any places I have to visit or places to eat? I'll be going to Mount Rainier for 2 days.

1) Paseo
2) Hot dog with cream cheese
3) Beer

Boom. Seattle trip successful.

What loadouts are you guys using in MK8?

Rolling with Morton, Steel Driver, Monster Tires, and the Flower Glider, though I haven't unlocked everything yet.

bionic77

I've never been to a birthday party that was 40 minutes away

tell your kids catch a cab or tough shit!
Cars weren't around in Wisconsin when you were a kid?

It's one of my wife's friends parties. I was invited to some kind of power go karting that is supposedly awesome and dangerous but I took one for the team.

Konka

Banned

I have a job fool. Why else would I be looking forward to 5 o'clock.

Greg

Cars weren't around in Wisconsin when you were a kid?

It's one of my wife's friends parties. I was invited to some kind of power go karting that is supposedly awesome and dangerous but I took one for the team.
you can't pass up a chance to play real life Mario Kart!

bionic77

you can't pass up a chance to play real life Mario Kart!
I think we are doing it next weekend.

I hope it lives up to the hype. The guy setting it up can sometimes hype us up but eventually disappoint. Kind of like KASs job if anyone listened to him.

Greg

I think we are doing it next weekend.

I hope it lives up to the hype. The guy setting it up can sometimes hype us up but eventually disappoint. Kind of like KASs job if anyone listened to him.
all will be well if you give everyone you pass the Luigi stare

Top Bottom