• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Bread

Banned
Phone peeps, my company phone contract is up and I have the option to get one of these three:

Samsung Galaxy S 5 Active
HTC One M8
iPhone 5s 16B

Pros? Cons? Go....
I have the M8, it's great but the battery life is lacking. Could just be a problem with mine though.

I know what you mean. I see a picture like this and it just fills me with this feeling of terror:

47909-004-D01F8233.jpg

Can't imagine the emotions those guys experienced in that moment.
Fuck that must have been so traumatic.

Farooq

Banned
The longshot I was rooting for got hurt and is probably done for the offseason. Should have listened to Deacon.

Some other thoughts, I hope the Cowboys sign Tyron to a long term deal before Dez. I hoping for a contract that is about 9-10 years averaging 10-11 million a year. Tyron is 23, still has a lot of upside and is looking like a franchise left tackle.

brentech

What are your opinions on Nick Foles, guys? Other than YasnkeeHater. :jnc

How good can he be? He's going to want a new contract after next season.
Needs a full season of evaluation and of teams knowing what he is. We saw him really bad, and pretty good.

My guess is that he's truly in between once an offseason can be used against him.

Man, I am so not up to date with the smartphone game, but you can't really go wrong here.

I'd narrow it down to the HTC One M8 and iPhone 5s 16GB. S5 has an amazing screen though, and is probably the only reason I'd pick it over the other two.

The HTC and S5 are basically on the same exact level spec wise, but the HTC shits on it from a design standpoint. Aluminum unibody >> shitty plastic.

HTC or wait. Apple is releasing new hardware in fall and I think so is Samsung.

Also 16 gigs not enough.

I'd go with the M8. Is probably the best smartphone out now.

I have the M8, it's great but the battery life is lacking. Could just be a problem with mine though.

Expected more Apple love but I was already leaning towards the M8 after reading a few reviews. I'll see how I feel after the weekend but I'll likely go with the M8.

brentech

Hard to go wrong win anything in the top tier now a days. I have apple 5s, nexus 7 tablet. Things I like about both operating systems.
There is no winner

bionic77

Hard to go wrong win anything in the top tier now a days. I have apple 5s, nexus 7 tablet. Things I like about both operating systems.
There is no winner
Not any difference these days until someone comes up with some new shit.

The 5S I believe still has the best processor and camera for a camera. But I can't recommend it seeing as how it will be updated in August or September.

Not sure if Samsung is updating the Galaxy but I thought they were also updating in fall.

MRSA

Banned
Phone peeps, my company phone contract is up and I have the option to get one of these three:

HTC One M8
iPhone 5s 16B

Pros? Cons? Go....

What do you have right now? Problem with most the phones is that its mid-cycle for all of those listed except for the S5.

Probably the most "futureproof" is the iPhone as the processor is a generation ahead of the rest of the competition.

Really depends on what you have right now, I can't switch to Android as I'm deep in the Apple ecosystem, people mock it but once you have Apple products they all work together beautifully.

Otherwise I would probably go for the HTC or iPhone.

Vyroxis

Banned
Expected more Apple love but I was already leaning towards the M8 after reading a few reviews. I'll see how I feel after the weekend but I'll likely go with the M8.

I have the S5. Can't argue with it at all. And ultra power saver mode is a godsend when I won't be using it for several hours.

cdyhybrid

Now I remember why I stopped playing Mario Kart.

People in second place get 3 red shells. I get useless fucking coins when I'm in first and a single god damn mushroom when I'm in 5th. Every other fucking race.

effzee

HTC One M8
iPhone 5s 16B

Pros? Cons? Go....

I just picked up the S5 last week and I love it.

M8 looked better but in terms of performance, screen, camera, and features they are about the same. I sacrificed the look of the phone for the water proof S5. I keep phones in a case anyway so what it looks like naked is pointless to me.

And with my son soon approaching that age where he want my phone, water proof feature became kind of important.

Keep in mind I don't upgrade often. The jump I made was from S3 to S5. I didn't even know I had any issues with the S3 until I picked up the S5. Getting used to it but that first week I was amazed how fast it was and how well the battery stood up to a full day's use.

Spinluck

Now I remember why I stopped playing Mario Kart.

People in second place get 3 red shells. I get useless fucking coins when I'm in first and a single god damn mushroom when I'm in 5th. Every other fucking race.

A lot of the enjoyment hinges on things going your way, which can be annoying as fuck.

Nothing is worse than get hit by like 3 items in succession and watching everyone pass you. And yes, the item selection is still pretty bullshit, but skill and a shit ton of randomness/luck is MK in a nutshell.

I still prefer the SART, but MK is a lot more accessible and more party gameish.

MRSA

Banned
I did my first good deed in like forever, got my friend an interview at my work and he got the job. I have this warm happy feeling inside as I did something right, is this normal? Or am I just sober?

rando14

I did my first good deed in like forever, got my friend an interview at my work and he got the job. I have this warm happy feeling inside as I did something right, is this normal? Or am I just sober?

The universe has awarded you karma, now you have the right to do something sinister without fear of repercussion!!

come play with madden-age brah. we will treat you right!

I'll be joining you when the new Madden comes out, brah! Don't let anyone else take my Cards.

Man, first time ever playing a Persona but Persona 4 Golden is keeping me up too late at night some of these work nights... Speaking of PSN, brother Rando, why do you ignore my PSN FR :( It's all good, just figured I'd raz you since I saw your post while writing a Sony related post ;)

I'll be joining you when the new Madden comes out, brah! Don't let anyone else take my Cards.

Man, first time ever playing a Persona but Persona 4 Golden is keeping me up too late at night some of these work nights... Speaking of PSN, brother Rando, why do you ignore my PSN FR :( It's all good, just figured I'd raz you since I saw your post while writing a Sony related post ;)

i can't think of anyone that actually wants the cards.... unless astrolad comes back or if sickboy is actually a cards fan! yes persona is awesome. i need to get back to it. i binged and played it like.... 20 hours in 3 days right after i got it. teddy is the best!

and wtf rando has psn and didn't invite me as a friend? i am offended

i can't think of anyone that actually wants the cards.... unless astrolad comes back or if sickboy is actually a cards fan! yes persona is awesome. i need to get back to it. i binged and played it like.... 20 hours in 3 days right after i got it. teddy is the best!

and wtf rando has psn and didn't invite me as a friend? i am offended

Because they're MINE. As someone that's played countless RPGs, it's a very unique experience which is nice. The format of the game is a time sinker because you can go through some of the days so quickly which has you do the next day to get someone's slink up a little more..and then another day...and another and then next thing you know you've played another hour past what you had planned. Do you remember where you stopped at?

I'm gonna buy this new Madden because I'm a Football slut, and cause I missed out on GAF league last year. I still think EA is lazy, and because of that I'm buying it used.

they are very lazy and the game has grown stale. with that said, there are worse things you could spend $60 on. people say i'm part of the problem but if i get legitimate enjoyment out of it for 6+ months then how is that so wrong!

they are very lazy and the game has grown stale. with that said, there are worse things you could spend $60 on. people say i'm part of the problem but if i get legitimate enjoyment out of it for 6+ months then how is that so wrong!

I'm hoping that not playing all these other versions over the years plus playing in an active league with you guys will keep things fun and justify a purchase. I'm almost tempted to buy an older version to learn how to play well so I don't get destroyed at the beginning.

MRSA

Banned
Hey MRSA, are you still pretending that you aren't gatas rich brother?

You were never thought manners were you?

Implying someone is Gata's sibling is a horrible thing to be called, its worse than being a racist and/or a homophobe.

I am truly offended by what you have said.

That being said, I'm not mad, I'm disappointed in you.

I'm hoping that not playing all these other versions over the years plus playing in an active league with you guys will keep things fun and justify a purchase. I'm almost tempted to buy an older version to learn how to play well so I don't get destroyed at the beginning.

the problem with this coming year is that a lot of people are going to have ps4's which they didn't have for madden 25. it is possible and i would say likely that we have well over 32 people interested so i'm not sure how we're going to find a place for everyone if that happens. obviously if it came down to some random neogaf dude vs. my nfl-age bros then nfl-age wins out. but if we have 32 madden-age vets interested.... that is a tough nut to crack! we will see!

Thanks for the feedback on the phone choice, gents.

Football related - Steve Weatherford is awesome. This high school girl jokingly asked him to accompany her to the prom on twitter a few weeks ago and he accepted. He posted some pics from the event on his twitter account:

Steve Weatherford ‏@Weatherford5 4m
Red Carpet time! Having a blast at the Bayonne HS Prom w my lovely date n big @Giants fan @laurendelbert pic.twitter.com/dkSPxUHtKy

Bpe1b7hIIAAAIz4.jpg

Top Bottom