• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_trauma

A national trauma is a crisis or a tragic experience which affects the spirit of a nation or an ethnicity, sometimes for generations to come. Large-scale disasters like war or genocide inevitably have this effect, but in an otherwise stable and prosperous country even a specific event (like an assassination of the leader or a transport disaster) can be traumatic.

Sounds about right.

:jnc

NFLGAF: Offseason and Bans

DMczaf

Went drinking downtown on Fremont St last night. I did not get a hot dog. :(

I GOT 3 MOTHER FUCKERS!

Hi7qd9f.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_trauma

A national trauma is a crisis or a tragic experience which affects the spirit of a nation or an ethnicity, sometimes for generations to come. Large-scale disasters like war or genocide inevitably have this effect, but in an otherwise stable and prosperous country even a specific event (like an assassination of the leader or a transport disaster) can be traumatic.

Germany: Treaty of Versailles, defeat in World War II, Berlin Wall

Ireland: Great Famine

Israel: Holocaust, Assassination of Yitzhak Rabin

Japan: Black Ships, Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki

United States: American Civil War, Assassination of Abraham Lincoln, Assassination of John F. Kennedy, Vietnam War, September 11, 2001 attacks

Netherlands: The loss of the 1974 FIFA World Cup final against Germany, as well as the loss of the 1978 FIFA World Cup Final against Argentina and the loss of the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final against Spain

Sounds about right.

So which was worse? The occupation by the Nazis or the World Cup losses?

MechDX

Dustin Fox ‏@DustinFox37 · 1h
Johnny just being Johnny. pic.twitter.com/iF2jaXJTH4

Dustin Fox ‏@DustinFox37 · 58m
We can all laugh but that's 3 weekends in a row of skipping town to party, and after this week the players have 6 weeks off.

BpiPT__IgAAKBCY.jpg:large

Franchise QB. Yep.

Godslay

Banned
I pronounce GIF with a hard G. If you pronounce it with a soft G, I can live with that.

As far as Sherman, I don't see why people are predicting the curse will strike him. He's in his prime, doesn't have to worry about money anymore, he still gets to play on the side of the field he's comfortable with, and has the line and safety help to prop him up. Plus he plays at least 4 games a year (possibly 5-6 depending on which Kap shows up) against garbage offenses, so he'll always have at least a quarter of a season that make him look good even if he falls off. In his case I definitely think the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

I'm not a big believer in curses, except for the Tebow curse which was real but thankfully ended Feb 2. 2014 in NJ. So the Madden Curse should just blow right over Seattle, assuming that it really is just random "luck".

BigAT

Oh that's good, I know what assholes insurance companies can be, good luck and safe travels!

Check out Tannehill fishing

Best QB in the AFC east and soon the league

He didn't catch shit. Guy on the left actually caught the fish, then banged Tannehill's wife in front of him while forcing him to watch a compilation of Mike Wallace drops.

MechDX

Oh that's good, I know what assholes insurance companies can be, good luck and safe travels!

Check out Tannehill fishing

Best QB in the AFC east and soon the league

Good young QB out there enjoying his off day fishing. Not going out of town on a drinking binge while screaming "Look at me! Im cool!"

JABEE

Irsay should lose a half a season worth of revenue from the TV Deal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nsiders-expect-6-8-game-suspension-for-irsay/

That’s the word from Adam Schefter of ESPN, who reported that people around the league believe Goodell will give Irsay a suspension of six to eight games and a fine of about $1 million.

We still don’t know what a suspension of an owner would constitute. Would Irsay just be prevented from attending games? Would he be banned from the team facility throughout the suspension? If he’s suspended during a meeting of NFL owners, would the Colts lose their vote? Would the Colts lose their share of the league’s TV revenues from those six to eight weeks, just as players who are suspended lose their salaries for those weeks? Losing half a season’s worth of revenue would be a whole lot more than a $1 million fine. A $1 million fine is a rounding error to a billionaire like Irsay.

Watching some games at home is nothing to Irsay. That's what I do every Sunday.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I agree Maria is pretty, but I don't appreciate you talking sideways about Alex. That was unnecessary. Leave bae's name out ya mouth

118586695b9o61jpg.png

Look, the fact that Maria does modeling and is pretty much universally accepted as the hottest chick in sports, doesn't change the fact that Alex Morgan is hot too.

Gina Carrano or whatever her name is may have the best figure though.

Top Bottom