• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Konka

Banned
Brats are the best.

iJTdCsW.jpg

Y7sW1cw.jpg

Mech's fall to the dark side is a sad, disturbing, heartbreaking tale of one man's desperation and frustration driving him to madness. All those years of Schoob have so poisoned his heart, sullied his mind, despaired his soul that he can no longer tell good from evil.

He doesn't even believe half of the things he posts now.

cdyhybrid

Mech's fall to the dark side is a sad, disturbing, heartbreaking tale of one man's desperation and frustration driving him to madness. All those years of Schoob have so poisoned his heart, sullied his mind, despaired his soul that he can no longer tell good from evil.

This is what happen when you make a bet with the devil Gata and lose. Some people just can't handle it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Manziel just got drafted in the 28th round of the MLB draft by the Padres.

Guessing thats not even enough of a signing bonus for one night in the club.

Konka

Banned
Manziel just got drafted in the 28th round of the MLB draft by the Padres.

Guessing thats not even enough of a signing bonus for one night in the club.

I'm both shocked and disgusted by the fact that there are 28 rounds. Does baseball anything other than drag shit out for far too long?

BigAT

I'm both shocked and disgusted by the fact that there are 28 rounds. Does baseball anything other than drag shit out for far too long?

I've got good news for you, the baseball draft isn't 28 rounds long.

It's 40 rounds long.

Let us all take heed of this cautionary tale.

There are 40.

You have to think that they are not just drafting for 30 MLB teams but all 30 respective farm systems as well. That includes at least six associate minor league teams per franchise (rookie, short season, low A, high A, AA, AAA). Some organizations have even more affliated teams.

It's a goofy number though, I agree. The whole event is pretty goofy actually. It's held in the middle of the season at the MLB Network. Even the MLS can rent out a amphitheater somewhere.

Konka

Banned
I've got good news for you, the baseball draft isn't 28 rounds long.

It's 40 rounds long.

Ugh, what exactly do people see in that sport? It's basically the only sport where ESPN gamecast contains the same amount of action as the actual game.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ugh, what exactly do people see in that sport? It's basically the only sport where ESPN gamecast contains the same amount of action as the actual game.

Its really not that much different from soccer. There are 40 rounds because there are a crapload of minor league teams to fill out.

The difference between MLB and major soccer leagues is that MLB actually has true affiliations with their minor league teams while the larger soccer teams just pilfer all the younger, developing talent from the smaller clubs.

Obviously for MLB owners this is preferable because they're paying peanuts for talent. Its amazing how Soccer has never decided to adopt a similar model where the large clubs just buy up the smaller ones.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
...and done. My second platinum.

iG5rguHrcqGda.jpg

What was your first?

I just finished my 2nd PS4 platinum in Transistor last night. Really enjoyed that game a lot, kinda bummed about the lack of content outside of the story though, the challenges are pretty bleh. Really hope a bigger large scale game adopts that combat though. Perfect blend of turn based with action although the game doesnt get challenging in the slightest till you get 10 limiters going

Its really not that much different from soccer. There are 40 rounds because there are a crapload of minor league teams to fill out.

The difference between MLB and major soccer leagues is that MLB actually has true affiliations with their minor league teams while the larger soccer teams just pilfer all the younger, developing talent from the smaller clubs.

Obviously for MLB owners this is preferable because they're paying peanuts for talent. Its amazing how Soccer has never decided to adopt a similar model where the large clubs just buy up the smaller ones.

Huh? Soccer teams have massive youth organisations. Barcelona has La Masia. Where almost their entire team had played from a very young age. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Tello all those guys have been part of Barcelona since they were young. Every big club has a similar program.

(Maybe I misunderstood what you were talking about though :D)

i'm having a gaming overload right now. wolfenstein, mario kart, mlb (when the piece of shit works online), destiny, mario golf, watchdogs. then the last of us is rumored to be out next week so i would want to play through that again. lots of quality games out right now bros!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
i'm having a gaming overload right now. wolfenstein, mario kart, mlb (when the piece of shit works online), destiny, mario golf, watchdogs. then the last of us is rumored to be out next week so i would want to play through that again. lots of quality games out right now bros!

There is no chance in hell that game is out next week. That rumor is like E3 silliness in a nutshell.

Hunter S.

Going to play the Last of US for the first time on PS4. I am ready for naughty dog to bitch slap me in the face just like the Broncos will do to the Niners later in the year. Perfecto Mundo!

Konka

Banned
17:25 snesfreak Made an MK8 tournament
17:25 snesfreak No Gatas Allowed: 7110-0287-0289
17:25 snesfreak Post it in the thread or whatever

Konka

Banned
I grew up drinking 40's, Natty light and Milwaukee's beasts. That doesn't mean they tasted good.

Everyone had those, but Yuengling is the local PA beer, it doesn't fit into the same niche as those, it's just what people here drink so we are all used to it and while it's not the best thing on the planet it's a good beer for the price and it reminds us of home.

Syrinx

Yuengling purely in a vacuum is pretty average. But it's in the quantities and price range with beers like Bud and Coors Light and PBR, and it blows all of those out of the water. That's why so many people praise it. 24-packs of Yuengling for $16 is one of the great things in life.

Everyone had those, but Yuengling is the local PA beer, it doesn't fit into the same niche as those, it's just what people here drink so we are all used to it and while it's not the best thing on the planet it's a good beer for the price and it reminds us of home.

Never heard of Yuengling till I got out here. It's a decent beer for the price as Konka said, it's not in that "shit beer that's cheap and readily available" category. I enjoy it.

Top Bottom