• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Solid conference from Microsoft, IMO. I have the same issue I had going into it. A large bulk of the third party games I'm buying on the PS4 or PC so showing them is inconsequential to me.

What they did show from a first party standpoint was ok. Sunset Overdrive I absolutely loved and want desperately. Phantom Dust is a remake but I still want it and I loved Crackdown getting announced.

2015 should be interesting as it looks like a good bulk of the most interesting exclusives will be making it to the market for them (like Sony).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Microsoft couldn't have had a shittier show thus far.

Totally disagree. They did a compete turnaround from last year and are actually giving gamers what they want like they did in Xbox 360s early years.

Was the Kinect even mentioned once? That alone was great.

Halo Anniversary, Halo 5, Crackdown, Sunset Overdrive, Phantom Dust 2 etc. Microsoft had a great showing.

Can't wait to see what Sony has tonight though.

The Hideki Kamiya exclusive looks pretty damn generic for a Kamiya game though....

TheFatOne

Totally disagree. They did a compete turnaround from last year and are actually giving gamers what they want like they did in Xbox 360s early years.

Was the Kinect even mentioned once? That alone was great.

Halo Anniversary, Halo 5, Crackdown, Sunset Overdrive, Phantom Dust 2 etc. Microsoft had a great showing.

Can't wait to see what Sony has tonight though.

The Hideki Kamiya exclusive looks pretty damn generic for a Kamiya game though....
We've known about all these games for months, and if you are like me and not into Halo then MS doesn't really offer much. They showed a bunch of games with the majority of them multiplatform, and will run much better on their competitors system. With all the hype going into this conference it was disappointing. No surprises.

MechDX

Halo is the fucking best I love Microsoft so much right now

wVlmrOR.png

We will be an unstoppable duo in rocket races! #BOBBROTHERS

We've known about all these games for months, and if you are like me and not into Halo then MS doesn't really offer much. They showed a bunch of games with the majority of them multiplatform, and will run much better on their competitors system. With all the hype going into this conference it was disappointing. No surprises.
Yeah, this is how I feel. I don't feel any more compelled to go out and pick up a XBO after that conference. My mind could change if some of the exclusives end up being great but none of them have me clamoring for the console.

Spinluck

Not a fan of CG trailers and no gameplay. Sunset Overdrive had the right idea, show your CG trailer then jump right into gameplay. All of these CG trailers will be forgotten, and if you're me you'll only watch them once.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 7m
OLB, DE, 3 tech and nose are all positions the #Texans are working with Clowney on. He's learning it package by package.

Clowney playing nose? Wut?

Yeah, I didn't really care for much of what they showed, and the big titles I would be interested in, they just showed CG :/

There's really no reason for me to pick up a Xbone.

I said it in the conference thread, but MS' conference REALLY reminded me a lot of an old Gamecube-era Nintendo conference. Waay too much reliance on nostalgia, ports/remasters and all-too familiar names.

MechDX

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli · 25m
O'Brien hasn't decided whether he'll take 3 or 4 QBs to camp. Didn't say which he'd prefer. Did say only 3 can get reps each day. #Texans

Keenum or Yates. Try to move one to Baltimore would be my guess

Spinluck

Fuck yeeeeees!

100 maps is insane, absolutely insane. This could be the best game of all time if they nail 1080p/60fps.

/bread

Witcher 3 on stage was a fantastic thing to see. Easily my most anticipated game for next year right now.

Witcher looked a lot better than I thought it would on consoles. Hope the combat is good.

The only thing they showed this E3 that would make me consider buying an Xbone is Ori

Yop.

Fox318

I said it in the conference thread, but MS' conference REALLY reminded me a lot of an old Gamecube-era Nintendo conference. Waay too much reliance on nostalgia, ports/remasters and all-too familiar names.

Its an improvement from last year.

If Matrick was in charge he would have talked about new "apps" like soundcloud and Mixlr.

Yeah nothing really surprising or bombas at Microsoft. All things we knew about or multi plats. Only really cool thing for me was the halo 2 stuff but already played that and can wait. Did like how they showed back to back games though. Still won't get a xbox one for a long time if at all.

MechDX

Yeah nothing really surprising or bombas at Microsoft. All things we knew about or multi plats. Only really cool thing for me was the halo 2 stuff but already played that and can wait. Did like how they showed back to back games though. Still won't get a xbox one for a long time if at all.

You're just scared of mine and Breads awesomeness at HALO

Top Bottom