• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

I still don't understand how people love MGS4. It's like they took someone's fanfiction straight off the internet and then invested $100 million to create a game around it.
Was kinda hyped for MGS4, played a few hours and whatever, it was ok.

Then came my breaking point, sat through a cutscene that lasted around 10-15 minutes. Once it was finished I walked forward ten yards, dropped ten feet down an elevator shaft and then another cutscene began. Gave me literally twenty seconds of gameplay between cutscenes.

Turned the game off and never touched it again, fuck you Kojima.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
nYfBx7T.jpg

That dog is mesmerized by that water bottle.

Bread

Banned
Pumped to see what Microsoft has up its sleeve this year, Crackdown and Halo 2 or bust!

Also I guess I should care about the Wii U know as well, gimme another 3d Mario game.

MechDX

Pumped to see what Microsoft has up its sleeve this year, Crackdown and Halo 2 or bust!

Also I guess I should care about the Wii U know as well, gimme another 3d Mario game.

Pshhh.....quit hoping for what everyone else wants.

New MechAssault, Voodoo Vince and Powerstone 3!

bionic77

I bought MGS4 when it first came to greatest hits... but I never played it.
I got it for free with the deluxe backwards compatible PS3.

Also never played it.

:lol

I am sick of MGS games but the first one on PS is one of the greatest games of all time. That shit was mind-blowing in 1998. What a fucking great year for video games (for me). I got MGS, OOT, Xenogears, and I think Half Life came out then too. I think all I did that fall/winter was study and play video games. And the quality was so good I didn't give a fuck that I wasn't doing anything else!

Syrinx

Today's E3 day, hmm? Kinda surprised how quickly this snuck up on me.

Microsoft is on in 40 minutes. Don't really feel like watching that. I may catch Sony's conference tonight.

bionic77

Cajun is correct. MGS sucks
I don't like it that much anymore, but it was some really good shit for a long time.

There was nothing like it on the NES, PS and PS2.

I think they really peaked with MGS3 though and didn't know where to go from there so now they are just making open world games like everyone else on the planet.

TheFatOne

I think I'm going to stay away from gaming side until the conferences are done. The stupidity and over reactions to things we don't even know are true is mind blowing.

Happy mond.....ah who am I kidding fuck Monday, anyways totally forgot e3 was here. This might be the first time I don't really care about it, just don't have the time to play anything they announce anyways, in any case try not to get banned, we are so close to football!

Spinluck

I am sick of MGS games but the first one on PS is one of the greatest games of all time. That shit was mind-blowing in 1998. What a fucking great year for video games (for me). I got MGS, OOT, Xenogears, and I think Half Life came out then too. I think all I did that fall/winter was study and play video games. And the quality was so good I didn't give a fuck that I wasn't doing anything else!

Every once in a while you say something good. This post is one of the good ones.

Also, see guys after the crash. Or whenever.

EDIT: MGS3 was my favorite one. But MGS1 is one of the GOAT games. New one looks fucking laaaaaaaaaame.

IRC if we go Down? I'm on twitter but probably won't be tweeting
Wait, you like 4 more than 3?
Haven't played either in a awhile but I just wasn't big on 3 first time around. I know why people like it, just wasn't my thing. So yes I did like 4 better, I don't hate on 4 like others though.

I'd say MGS is probably one of my favorite games, and I played the PC version well after the original release.

MechDX

IRC if we go Down? I'm on twitter but probably won't be tweeting

Haven't played either in a awhile but I just wasn't big on 3 first time around. I know why people like it, just wasn't my thing. So yes I did like 4 better, I don't hate on 4 like others though.

I'd say MGS is probably one of my favorite games, and I played the PC version well after the original release.

What is your Twitter handle? I need daily BG in my life.

BigAT

Cant. Little twat banned me again. Just because I question his relationship with his mother he gets all pissy.

SNES with even the smallest amount of power sounds like a fucking nightmare. It's like some social delinquent accidentally getting promoted to night-shift manager at an Arby's.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What would be the best site to stream the MS conference? About to grab some beers and watch it with my roommate right now. Hyped, hope we see some Halo 5 gameplay.

The girls on spike could probably buy me some diners. Probably switch to a stream for hd once conferences start
Edit: kas mech posted that MS link, I might try ign cause in streaming from ps4

Spinluck

Lol @ bionic going in on Jordan in the nba thread

Lol, it needs to be said. Too much people ride Jordan's dick in that thread, and then Lebron wins a game and it's the end of basketball. There are some crazy Lebron fans too, but it's only an inkling of a lot of the fanboyish bullshit killed that community.

They make it sound like Jordan was some religious figure who walked on water, and healed dying children in the 90's. I honestly think some of them have never watched a Jordan game (when he was on the bulls). At least when we shit on Tammy there is truth to it, and we can control our emotions. Those guys go about making fun of Lebron in the least fun and entertaining way possible.

Top Bottom