• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

TheFatOne

Its an improvement from last year.

If Matrick was in charge he would have talked about new "apps" like soundcloud and Mixlr.

Anything would have been an improvement from last year. The hilarious part for me is now suddenly everyone is proclaiming Spencer as the xbox messiah.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Really boring conference. I appreciate the effort of literally 100% talk on games but there wasn't much exciting new stuff. I guess some of the stuff like Kamiya's new game would have been better if it wasn't the worst kept secret in gaming.

Phantom Dust coming back is fucking awesome though. Totally rad.

Oh and fuck Microsoft for that Conker in Project Spark bullshit.

"I guess since I haven't had a game in 10 years we'll have to make it"

Yeah, let's have Rare waste away making Kinect bullshit and let a perfectly viable and entertaining IP/character atrophy into a copy/paste tool in your world building game.

UGH.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Really boring conference. I appreciate the effort of literally 100% talk on games but there wasn't much exciting new stuff. I guess some of the stuff like Kamiya's new game would have been better if it wasn't the worst kept secret in gaming.

Was the Platinum game the big "third party exclusive" that was predicted?

MechDX

Fuck Phantom Dust. Such a niche game to remake. MechAssault, Crimson Skies, RARE IP's would all have been better candidates to get attention.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Was the Platinum game the big "third party exclusive" that was predicted?

Yeah. It wasn't so much a prediction as it was part of the giant leak from ntkrnl (as was Crackdown) earlier this year where pretty much everything was nailed (it was the "Project Nagano" game).

MechDX

You even get HALO CE multiplayer in the MC Collection! Whoa....and all on dedicated servers.

For $60 this is a TON of value.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Unless sony drops some massive bombs today seems like gaf is going to be ok this year.

Oddly enough I was most excited for the EA show this year. Hopefully some better looking Madden and FIFA this year, more Mirrors Edge and Battlefront stuff and whatever they're doing with Mass Effect on top of some new game announcements.

It looks exactly like Limbo only with better graphics. Same jank controls and everything. It was called Limbo 2 before IIRC.

Mehhhh

TheFatOne

Oddly enough I was most excited for the EA show this year. Hopefully some better looking Madden and FIFA this year, more Mirrors Edge and Battlefront stuff and whatever they're doing with Mass Effect on top of some new game announcements.

I'm hoping for Battlefront. I have wanted that game for the longest time. Not really a fan of ME, but I did enjoy the second one. Also, I want to see what the next gen madden looks like.

Found Microsoft's press conference to be pretty meh. WAY too many shooters for my liking. Everything 2015 was CG. Conker being in Project Spark made me laugh.

the ntkrnl leaks ruined what would have been the big announcements (Crackdown, Halo collection) but that was a good conference. First hour was devoted purely to games that will be out in 2014 and look pretty damn good.

Sunset Overdrive looks fun, Horizon 2 and Halo collection are absolute must-buy day one purchases. Hearing Keith David and then that music again :*)

Who wants to play some Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha later?

MechDX

"What you can expect, however – and this is huge news for fellow old-school Xbox gamers – is that Combat Evolved’s multiplayer will be playable, online, in its original form. No more Halo: Reach map packs or excuses about CE multiplayer not “feeling” right online because it never had net code to begin with (let’s leave Gearbox’s Halo PC port out of this). This will be the OG Halo 1 three-shot death pistol, the OG “Blood Gulch,” etc"

-ign

/dead I played HALO CE on PC a long time just for the multi.

bionic77

Can one of you nerds (preferably the virgin kind as we all know they are the highest quality nerd) please summarize what happened at the MS conference and what if anything was cool or worth getting excited about?

Anything as funny or awesome as the Luigi GIFs?

Tom Penny

Can one of you nerds (preferably the virgin kind as we all know they are the highest quality nerd) please summarize what happened at the MS conference and what if anything was cool or worth getting excited about?

Anything as funny or awesome as the Luigi GIFs?

Probably lots of shooters which is no bueno for olds like you that lack reflexes.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CEO Kaz Hirai ‏@KazHiraiCEO 10m

EA have decided to show footage of games far from completion because that’s how usually release them #EAE3

Top Bottom