• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Bros I think I'm too old now. I feel like my grandma when we played rap music in front of her. I don't know what's happening. Was today good for Microsoft? Bad? Did they even show anything besides the CG trailers I saw from games that will be out in 2 years?

Sunset overdrive, halo 1-4 collection, some fable meets dungeon keeper co-op thing, Horizon 2 and some sexy Miyazaki looking game all out this year

Get a group of friends or play with a community and rainbow six is amazing. Before I found out about Gaf I use to play some games with the All Games interactive crew, and my personal friends.

I want to get excited about Rainbow Six but i just played terrorist hunt on Vegas and Vegas 2 with friends this past week and those games have aged extremely poorly

by which i mean they are fucking garbage

Colasante

There's zero chance of a Wii U price cut happening tomorrow, right? I've been mighty tempted by Mario Kart 8 and that would push me over the edge into buying one.

bionic77

There's zero chance of a Wii U price cut happening tomorrow, right? I've been mighty tempted by Mario Kart 8 and that would push me over the edge into buying one.
Already 200 refurb I think.

How cheap do you want it?

I am ok spending 200 on it but I am not buying another console that I won't play.

DMczaf

You understand me.

Let's eat 6 of those hotdogs together.

isIbmxR2AC9I3.gif

Most of us are not soldiers and don't kill for enjoyment but FPS shooters are the number one genre.

I have never been into racing karts but MarioKart on the SNES is one of my fav games of all time.

Soccer games are just so much more fun than football games currently. If someone made a football game that was close to FIFA I would enjoy that more than the soccer game but that ain't happening as long as EA has the monopoly on shitty football games.

Yes but you are typically interested in the subject manner of those games, no? I choose FPS games with a theme or subject I'm interested in and I'll play Mario Kart because of the Mario theme and mayhem from items whereas I wont' touch any other racer.

I can understand playing a game purely on fun game play, however which is what you're suggesting. I can get on board with that but at the same time, it's hard to get into when I don't know much about the sport or teams and aren't interested in learning them. You do need the game play to be fun to enjoy the game, but it goes a LONG way when you're interested in the subject matter of the game.

I'm curious though, what do you find so awful with Madden? I understand being annoyed that each rendition changes little beyond rosters, but what keeps the game from being fun to you?

bionic77

Yes but you are typically interested in the subject manner of those games, no? I choose FPS games with a theme or subject I'm interested in and I'll play Mario Kart because of the Mario theme and mayhem from items whereas I wont' touch any other racer.

I can understand playing a game purely on fun game play, however which is what you're suggesting. I can get on board with that but at the same time, it's hard to get into when I don't know much about the sport or teams and aren't interested in learning them. You do need the game play to be fun to enjoy the game, but it goes a LONG way when you're interested in the subject matter of the game.

I'm curious though, what do you find so awful with Madden? I understand being annoyed that each rendition changes little beyond rosters, but what keeps the game from being fun to you?
I liked madden (and NFL2k for awhile) until I got into Winning Eleven on PS2. It was just a superior product. Mainly I loved the physics of the ball where in Madden it was typical EA garbage. FIFA coping Winning Elevens physics and is now a superior product but Madden still feels like a old ass piece of shit.

If they improve the physics and gameplay and modernize it I would definitely jump back in.

I remember when I got out of basketball games until NBA2k which revolutionized the sport. Need something similar in football instead of the same old garbage.

Sony's conference is a total wildcard.

I hope they don't feel like they should come out with total bullshit (whole conference is sales numbers/ Project Morpheus/ dance games) and skimp on the real games just because they can.

I also don't expect to see TLG. Sorry kas

Tamanon

Banned

I hope they don't feel like they should come out with total bullshit (whole conference is sales numbers/ Project Morpheus/ dance games) and skimp on the real games just because they can.

I think it'll be a lot of big games. Not as much exclusive games, but a lot of reveals. No Morpheus. Maybe 5 minutes on charts.

The Order, DriveClub and Uncharted 4 will be there for sure, IMO.

Shadow of the Beast still needs revealed. All we got was a teaser. Project Beast is all but confirmed. No Man Sky will apparently be there. Bet money we get an MGSV segment.

They'll have to talk PS Now with it launching soon. The Last of Us remastered will also get a segment with release date. Indie segment guaranteed.

Sony show is pretty telegraphed at this point. Its about what we don't know at this point...

Greg

Shadow of the Beast still needs revealed. All we got was a teaser. Project Beast is all but confirmed. No Man Sky will apparently be there. Bet money we get an MGSV segment.

They'll have to talk PS Now with it launching soon. The Last of Us remastered will also get a segment with release date. Indie segment guaranteed.

Sony show is pretty telegraphed at this point. Its about what we don't know at this point...
NEW SOCOM OR BUST

Eleuin

I don't think they'll show Uncharted, they've had to rework so much because of all the leaving

Top Bottom