• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Godslay

Banned
I'm kind of disappointed in Nintendo at this point. MK8 is great of course and there are some fun games, but goddamn everything is so slow or far behind. 2015 for Zelda? Too far away, everything that is worthwhile seems to be coming out in 2015. Better late than never but goddamn Nintendo must have been unprepared in terms of the transition to HD, which seems surprising.

As a guy that greatly enjoys Nintendo products, it disappoints me to see them botch this stuff. Hopefully it's a lesson learned.

In terms of that CB for the Chiefs, aren't all NFL players eligible for Uber? Or is that only in select cities? I always see guys on twitter using Uber to go party.

Konka

Banned
I'm kind of disappointed in Nintendo at this point. MK8 is great of course and there are some fun games, but goddamn everything is so slow or far behind. 2015 for Zelda? Too far away, everything that is worthwhile seems to be coming out in 2015. Better late than never but goddamn Nintendo must have been unprepared in terms of the transition to HD, which seems surprising.

As a guy that greatly enjoys Nintendo products, it disappoints me to them botch this stuff. Hopefully it's a lesson learned.

In terms of that CB for the Chiefs, aren't all NFL players eligible for Uber? Or is that only in select cities. I always see guys on twitter using Uber to go party.

Uber is only in a few cities.

Sony trying to slickly kill The Last Guardian and Nintendo trying to slickly kill Metroid
Nintendo will give metroid back to retro, if they haven't already. They just didn't have anything to show there this year.

EAD tokyo and retro both just released a game, and shockingly neither had anything to show this year.

bionic77

After Nintendo resurrected Kid Icarus after like 30 years, making an entirely different game and one of the best I have played in years I vowed not to doubt them for at least 5 years.

bionic77

Any of you old enough to remember when MK became cooler than Street Fighter in the arcades and the great debate about style versus depth?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Um.

A female animal researcher has admitted to sex with a male dolphin during a 1960s NASA-funded experiment.

Margaret Howe Lovatt was stationed on the U.S. Virgin Islands as part of a NASA experiment to teach the intelligent mammals how to communicate.

Konka

Banned
You guys have terrible taste

Gata, what actually made MK unique was the fact that the characters were photographs of real people, it hasn't been the same ever since.

11320-937627_20070510_screen004.jpg

Godslay

Banned
Any of you old enough to remember when MK became cooler than Street Fighter in the arcades and the great debate about style versus depth?

SF2 and then SF2 Turbo ruled the roost over the original MK. The original MK was a novelty, and the gameplay was pretty shit even at the time. I remember playing it for the first time, thinking that the blood and graphics were cool, but the controls were garbage. Then MKII came out and it seems like that dominated the arcades that I went to. Had a good amount of depth and was fun to play. Still a little janky compared to SF2, but good enough. I remember one summer staying at a cousins house for like a month and going to this arcade that had memberships where they gave you a swipe card which had unlimited credits on it. I played MKII pretty much that whole time, plus it was always fun to see your opponent in person. I do miss that portion of it.

cdyhybrid

As a guy that greatly enjoys Nintendo products, it disappoints me to see them botch this stuff. Hopefully it's a lesson learned.

Smash Bros.!

You guys have no idea what you're talking about, last MK was fantastic. The only fighting series I ever gave a shit about and have stuck with it from childhood to adulthood. Not to say I haven't' enjoyed playing Soul Caliber with friends and Tekken here or there. Always preferred MK over SF. MK II and III have a strong nostalgia factor for me but the last entry was the most well done of them all. I guess I won't get to play MK10 with NFL GAF bros :( I can be like FMT asking Gata for a match but he'll always duck out jnc

New Zelda is finally doing something evolutionary for the franchise as I've always wanted. Mario did it with Galaxy (though regressed with 3D World) and now it's Zelda's turn! It's a shame they are going with cel shading again when the only Zelda on the system is already that art style AND the last entry was as well but oh well, concessions have to be made to have that open world without the PS4's power. Regardless, this game might make me think real hard about getting a Wii U but I'll have to see how it plays. I have to agree with Future, no way this comes out in 2015. The year before Zelda releases, they always display game play and a dungeon. This was the barest of teasers, it's a long way off, I'd say 2016.

Godslay

Banned
Smash Bros.!

They pushed that back as well. Both versions, and I think it was somewhat boneheaded to release the 3DS version first. Sure, it's coming, but the delays and long development times are frustrating, especially when the console was selling like shit prior to MK8. They just need to pump out the games. If they can stagger the big hitters out over the course of the year, then that's a good strategy. It just seems like anything aside from Smash Bros, is a ways out.

Watching some of this giant bomb Destiny stuff, hope I get an alpha code this week
Keith Britton ‏@KeithBritton86 1m
Pettine on @BullandFox "I was at a heckuva party Sat night, I wasn't laying across an inflatable swan, it might've been more of a dinosaur"
That's my coach!

rando14

USA USA USA

Oh oh oh I know one of those guys, clint dempsey right? I think he plays for the Sounders. Look at me, I'm as knowledgable about soccer as Dutch!! :cool:

jk dutch please do not be violent with me

bionic77

USA is taking the World Cup back to the US where it will reside for the next 100 years.

Kobe coming on Jimmy Kimmel. This interview will be the highlight of the Lakers season.

cdyhybrid

FOX Sports NFL ‏@NFLonFOX 2m
JUST IN: The @Atlanta_Falcons announce LB Sean Weatherspoon ruptured his Achilles today and will miss the 2014 season.

More karma for cheating in the 2012-2013 postseason.

Has anyone seen Confrontation?

One day and gaming side devoured him. Those streets are cold yall.

Or maybe his heart couldn't take lack of SOCOM (although he should be used to being disappointed, he is a Browns fan in the end)

Has anyone seen Confrontation?

One day and gaming side devoured him. Those streets are cold yall.

Or maybe his heart couldn't take lack of SOCOM (although he should be used to being disappointed, he is a Browns fan in the end)
He might be down :/ Browns Gaf can't have anything nice (except for JFF) Goddell always trying to keep us down smh

Top Bottom