• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Dragon

Banned
Lets see I have all short hair cats one orange tabby, two brown and black tiger stripes and a gray and white one not sure the specific breeds though, but cat's are awesome and if you brush them you won't have cat hair problems

Cool! I'm moving at the end of August so I'll pick one up after I move. I do move around a bunch and they say that some cats have a hard time adjusting. Kinda fun researching this stuff.

So after the riots subdued in L.A. I was texting my buddy who is a Vikings fan and we started talking shit back and forth about the irrelevance of our franchises the last 50 years and how the Lions will no longer be irrelevant.

During the conversation I came up with a nickname for Teddy Bridgewater...Teddybear.

Get it? Cause he's soft.

image.php

Soccer is honestly hype as fuck when it picks up, like when you're anticipating a goal it's a good rush. It's no American Football, but it is a great sport outside of the flopping/wussing, and the crappy extra time bullshit. It's also pretty leveled, because we as America should be beating everyone else with our super athletes but we're not (unless our best athletes aren't playing soccer). They also have the best sports video games (Pro EVO during the PS2 era, FIFA right now, Super Mario Strikers), and the sport itself is so fun to play.

I do not watch USA's baseball team when they go play internationally even though I'd hope for them to win. Why? Because it is boring as shit to watch. It is crazy that I can find olympic competitions such as swimming or sprinting to be more entertaining than baseball.
I completely agree with all of this! I never got to play Mario Strikers, I wish they'd make a new one for the U.

jakncoke

Banned
Lebron opted out of his contract.

:jnc

It makes sense, Heat run is over. Battier retiring, Wade will be 1 year further into washed up land, Bosh is Bosh, Ray Allen retiring? Who could they get to come in ? Only positive to staying would be slutty south beach woman and no state taxes.

BG, trust me, we don't want Lebron back.

Him winning a title in CLE is like marrying your ex-girl for a year who cheated on you (while taping it and sending the vid to you) just to tell acquaintances and people around you that you have a wife to try and feel important.

jakncoke

Banned

Him winning a title in CLE is like marrying your ex-girl for a year who cheated on you (while taping it and sending the vid to you) just to tell acquaintances and people around you that you have a wife to try and feel important.

So you'd rather continue to suck and be bums year and year than win a title or at least be in contention like you were during his first run with you guys? This is why your state sucks and why Cleveland is Detroit Jr. yall fucking dumb.

Aren't you not in America (don't mean this in a offensive way at all)? Me wanting lebron back is more about what it'll do for the city. All the hype around the browns and a possible lebron return would do wonders for Cleve.
10 years of prosperity in Cleve!

Dragon

Banned

If LeBron won a title in CLE, he could take a baby and throw it off the roof and people would still venerate him there.

Konka

Banned
Aren't you not in America (don't mean this in a offensive way at all)? Me wanting lebron back is more about what it'll do for the city. All the hype around the browns and a possible lebron return would do wonders for Cleve.

Once JFF landed in Cleveland lebron had no choice. But how will he deal with being the second biggest star in the city?

So you'd rather continue to suck and be bums year and year than win a title or at least be in contention like you were during his first run with you guys? This is why your state sucks and why Cleveland is Detroit Jr. yall fucking dumb.

Oh well, at least I'll have some integrity and ethical principles. You know, your favourite sports teams not winning, isn't the end of the world.

That's probably the only reason I could live with for him coming back. It would indeed do the local economy good.

If LeBron won a title in CLE, he could take a baby and throw it off the roof and people would still venerate him there.

Let's hope we never have to find THAT out.

jakncoke

Banned
Shit, rumor is that he's actually pondering trying for a fucking season for the Dolphins?

Whats his 40 like? I know he played football in HS, but could he even catch at the NFL level? I assume his position would be limited to probably pass catching tight end with very limited and raw blocking skills. But a 6'8 TE with his frame has to be some sort of weapon

fake edit: I googled "Lebron James to try NFL" and things over the years has him pointed towards being a QB, can he even throw/throw far?!? Wouldnt he just be a taller/blacker Tebow lololol

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
If he goes, he'd be a TE, no question. It ain't hard to stick him in the end zone and tell him to jump. Receivers can't get hit in those situations anyway.

Also, i made up that rumor just now.

jakncoke

Banned
Oh well, at least I'll have some integrity and ethical principles. You know, your favourite sports teams not winning, isn't the end of the world.

That's probably the only reason I could live with for him coming back. It would indeed do the local economy good.

Let's hope we never have to find THAT out.

This is loser logic right here. Perhaps because you havent felt what its like to win the big one

ShaneB

Soccer is honestly hype as fuck when it picks up, like when you're anticipating a goal it's a good rush. It's no American Football, but it is a great sport outside of the flopping/wussing, and the crappy extra time bullshit. It's also pretty leveled, because we as America should be beating everyone else with our super athletes but we're not (unless our best athletes aren't playing soccer). They also have the best sports video games (Pro EVO during the PS2 era, FIFA right now, Super Mario Strikers), and the sport itself is so fun to play.

I do not watch USA's baseball team when they go play internationally even though I'd hope for them to win. Why? Because it is boring as shit to watch. It is crazy that I can find olympic competitions such as swimming or sprinting to be more entertaining than baseball.

I certainly wouldn’t call myself a big soccer fan, but what I do love about the sport is always going to be the roar of the crowds. The same could be applied to a bunch of sports, and the infectious spirit that comes from a big match in Sport X that has the world’s attention. In football terms it’s why I’ve loved watching Seahawks homes games just from how loud it gets, and the same for various other teams, just that sort of energy that makes people go crazy. In MMA terms just hearing the crowd go crazy in a fight elevates it to another level. The big growing appeal of Soccer is just knowing how fundamentally simple it is to grasp for young kids. With the World Cup, I love seeing the crowds of peoples in the city streets going crazy, watching the games in big gatherings, etc etc. Seeing cross country video after the hockey gold medal game in 2010 still gets me emotional, just that power it has to bring it all together.

I have no idea if I’m even on track anymore of what I’m saying, so I’ll stop there! Lol

Why was every 80s movie a coming of age movie?

I love Coming of Age stories, except I tend to be much more drawn to things in the 40s,50s,60s, etc. Love diving into a novel or movie from that time period and just getting sucked into it.

This is loser logic right here. Perhaps because you havent felt what its like to win the big one

Nah. I've been a huge FC Barcelona fan until recently since I was like 5. So I've seen my share of 'favourite team' wins. Now I barely root for em because they're nothing more than a bunch of whiny and diving bitches.

jakncoke

Banned
Nah. I've been a huge FC Barcelona fan until recently since I was like 5. So I've seen my share of 'favourite team' wins. Now I barely root for em because they're nothing more than a bunch of whiny and diving bitches.

Well good luck being holier than thou with your loser american teams!

Top Bottom