• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Lebron is probably willing to take less money but he'll get screwed by Bosh and Wade opting in....unless he talked them out of doing that.

Well good luck being holier than thou with your loser american teams!

Thank you.

I guess it is a completely different lifestyle in said US cities, though. It's probably difficult for me to understand how much of an impact those 'big 4' sports teams have on local communities. Although I did read a nice book about the Browns and their impact on the fans in Cleveland lol

Konka

Banned
Thank you.

I guess it is a completely different lifestyle in said US cities, though. It's probably difficult for me to understand how much of an impact those 'big 4' sports teams have on local communities. Although I did read a nice book about the Browns and their impact on the fans in Cleveland lol

It's very different in that many cities are always on edge about their teams up and leaving and it is a very justified fear, especially if the team is awful for long stretches.

This is loser logic right here. Perhaps because you havent felt what its like to win the big one

The drafting of Manziel was the happiest people in Cleveland felt for a while, and that lasted 18 hours before Josh Gordon fucked up again.

Cleveland fans might experience a big win eventually. Just like the heat death of the universe will happen eventually. Which will come first though?

Player salaries for the Heat Big 3 for the next 2 years:

Chris Bosh $20,590,000 $22,112,500
LeBron James $20,590,000 $22,112,500
Dwyane Wade $20,164,000 $21,655,000

:jnc

Crisco

Banned
Wait, people actually think Lebron is going back to Cleveland? Why would he do that? Either LA team or New York would literally give the him the keys to the franchise and sign whoever he wants them to sign. Cleveland he still has to do deal with Dan Gilbert. If I'm Lebron, fuck that noise. I'd rather work for a senile old racist than that guy.

rando14

Wade is the real quitter.

Last time he played defense was 2007

Man Wade was so pathetic during the finals, guy played half the season and still had no gas at the end

I'll say this though, if lebron dosent come back now......he can stay his ass away forever

Gilbert was pretty hurtful with his words when Lebron left though!!

Wait, people actually think Lebron is going back to Cleveland? Why would he do that? Either LA team or New York would literally give the him the keys to the franchise and sign whoever he wants them to sign. Cleveland he still has to do deal with Dan Gilbert. If I'm Lebron, fuck that noise. I'd rather work for a senile old racist than that guy.

Those would ironically be two of the worst places he could go

Why? Other than the letter and keeping Chris Grant, what has he done to warrant that take?

Fox318

Man Wade was so pathetic during the finals, guy played half the season and still had no gas at the end

Gilbert was pretty hurtful with his words when Lebron left though!!

Those would ironically be two of the worst places he could go

He did zero work to change his game.Look at Bosh's chart.

CGpw5gU.gif

Bosh worked hard to get a 3 point shot to improve and evolve his game.

Now lets look at Dwayne Wade. A player coming off injury who needs to evolve his game because of injury. Jason Kidd did this with developing a 3 point shot that he didn't have earlier in his career.

kJ75lYw.jpg

Good luck getting to the paint ever again with those knees.

Vyroxis

Banned
And fans of 31 other teams were at the happy high point because their team didn't draft him. We all win!

Armchair coaches in Minny are still pissed we didn't take him. Me? I'm happy with Bridgewater and Cassel. We needed defense far more, and that's what we got overall.

Glad wade is being brought up, because fuck him. His game is essentially conning the refs and other players: dwindled down to dribble a couple of times, loses the ball, picks it up, make some lame ass pump fakes that for some reason other players still fall for, jump into them and get free throws. He still has some speed but he has no lifts at this point. A couple of nfl gaffers can probably out jump him at this point. And once the spurs stopped falling for his tricks he had no way to score. He even got blocked a couple of times. This won't happen but wade is the weakest link of the big 3 (and it really isn't the "big 3") and I don't know his value at this point other than being a washed up legend who has been shit for the last four years.

ShaneB

Thank you.

What book would that be?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The more I think about it, the less likely it seems that Wade and Bosh would ever opt out of their contract. There's no way they'd ever be making that kind of money elsewhere and at this point of their careers, I don't think they could make up for it with sponsorships like Lebron can easily do.

I'm also surprised there's not more talk of Lebron heading to Houston unless they don't have the cap space. Texas also has the whole "no income tax" thing going on.

Fox318

The more I think about it, the less likely it seems that Wade and Bosh would ever opt out of their contract. There's no way they'd ever be making that kind of money elsewhere and at this point of their careers, I don't think they could make up for it with sponsorships like Lebron can easily do.

I'm also surprised there's not more talk of Lebron heading to Houston unless they don't have the cap space. Texas also has the whole "no income tax" thing going on.

Bosh could.

Wade would be burning money if he opts out.

Syrinx

I really hope LeBron goes to a Western Conference team, just because it would be so hilarious how awful the Eastern Conference would be.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So after the riots subdued in L.A. I was texting my buddy who is a Vikings fan and we started talking shit back and forth about the irrelevance of our franchises the last 50 years and how the Lions will no longer be irrelevant.

During the conversation I came up with a nickname for Teddy Bridgewater...Teddybear.

Get it? Cause he's soft.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=843515

I really hope LeBron goes to a Western Conference team, just because it would be so hilarious how awful the Eastern Conference would be.

In that NBA Y2K article done by the guy behing Breaking Madden, in his future sim the Lakers signed Lebron as Kobe ended up retiring, lol.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/3/5772796/nba-y2k-series-finale-the-death-of-basketball

I expect Lebron to sign with Cleveland, but with the Browns. That way, he gets back to his city, but not to Dan Gilbert, gets to team with Johnny Manziel, making Cleveland the center of all Sports media.

MechDX

Haven't listened to 610 the last few days. Lots of Lebron to Houston talk

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yesterday, Ndamukong Suh said of all soccer players, he relates most to Mario Balotelli. Today, Balotelli’s foul makes him miss next match

Tee hee

Also BG stop being an ignorant slut. LeBron ain't ever walking through those doors.

Your owner is a crazy person.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Both Wade and Bosh are going to opt out. They would be crazy not to.

Wade ends up in Chicago to create the leagues greatest backcourt in suits on the bench and Bosh ends up in Houston to choke in the playoffs every year for the rest of his career.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Italolia

He did zero work to change his game.Look at Bosh's chart.

CGpw5gU.gif

Going further and further away from the basket as an all-star center isn't getting better it's getting softer.

Both Wade and Bosh are going to opt out. They would be crazy not to.

Wade ends up in Chicago to create the leagues greatest backcourt in suits on the bench and Bosh ends up in Houston to choke in the playoffs every year for the rest of his career.

If Wade opts out, he'll be throwing away 30 million dollars.

JABEE

He's going to the Sixers

Top Bottom