• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Buffon so good

Buffon-Juventus.jpg

*shrugs* Shaq is my favorite athlete of all time, I almost cried when the Magic got trounced in the finals. I became a fan of every team he joined. Don't think there's anything wrong with that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If Wade opts out, he'll be throwing away 30 million dollars.

He's got 2/40 left on that deal, he opts out now and he gets way more than that on the open market. If its about the money then he opts out to get a last big deal. He can't wait 2 years and see it then because his knees will be even more shot then - there would still be a team dumb enough right now to give him huge money just based on his name.

Even if he wants to stay on the Heat it makes way more sense to opt out and re-sign to a long term deal with a lower salary which helps everybody involved, and I think this is the most likely scenario. Who the fuck would actually want to leave Miami especially when you've been there your whole career.

Tom Penny

He's got 2/40 left on that deal, he opts out now and he gets way more than that on the open market . If its about the money then he opts out to get a last big deal. He can't wait 2 years and see it then because his knees will be even more shot then - there would still be a team dumb enough right now to give him huge money just based on his name.

Even if he wants to stay on the Heat it makes way more sense to opt out and re-sign to a long term deal with a lower salary which helps everybody involved, and I think this is the most likely scenario. Who the fuck would actually want to leave Miami especially when you've been there your whole career.

:tompenny

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
He's got 2/40 left on that deal, he opts out now and he gets way more than that on the open market. If its about the money then he opts out to get a last big deal. He can't wait 2 years and see it then because his knees will be even more shot then - there would still be a team dumb enough right now to give him huge money just based on his name.

You honestly think Wade could get $40M on the open market? If true, the NBA is truly shit tier.

Syrinx

A guy on the radio in Vegas is a huge Clippers fan and he says that if Ballmer gets the team he will make an insane offer to Lebron.

I'm not aware of the Clippers' cap situation and whether or not they could bring him in, but that team would be scary if they added LeBron.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Both Wade and Bosh are going to opt out. They would be crazy not to.

Wade ends up in Chicago to create the leagues greatest backcourt in suits on the bench and Bosh ends up in Houston to choke in the playoffs every year for the rest of his career.

If I'm Wade I opt out and go make more money in Free Agency and tell Lebron to kick rocks.

Wade is never getting 20 mil a year again.

If anything he's the one guy that won't opt out. His days are numbered and no way a team is gonna give him a long term deal with the fact he can't even go a full season anymore.

effzee

A guy on the radio in Vegas is a huge Clippers fan and he says that if Ballmer gets the team he will make an insane offer to Lebron.

This has been a legit rumor for a while now.

Lebron isn't going back to Cleveland because him and the owner don't get along.

He also isn't going to New York.

Him and Paul are best buds and he would love to play for Doc Rivers.

Clippers would need to trade Jordan and some other players to make room.

eznark

Banned
How does the Italian not murder the filthy thing that bit him? Writhing on the ground is more important than fucking that guy up after he bit you?!

eznark

Banned
That's enough soccer. I gave you a chance. You decided to dive and bite and spend 85 minutes of every game doing nothing.

See you in 2018.

effzee

Italolia

Going further and further away from the basket as an all-star center isn't getting better it's getting softer.

Its what he was asked to do to open up the lane for Lebron and Wade. It forces the other team's center or PF to go to Bosh to defend the 3 point shot leaving the lane wide open for Lebron to go to the rim.

Bosh had to develop a 3 point shot in Miami because that is how they wanted to runt he offense. Ray Allen mentioned how much Bosh took his help and advice on developing the shot.

He was never the toughest player but if he is on any other team he is easily averaging 20-10 while staying in the paint most of the time.

If Wade opts out, he'll be throwing away 30 million dollars.

Yeah which is why if he doesn't Miami won't be able to bring in any other role players through FA and Lebron will leave.

If Wade does opt out and restructure, as does Bosh, then Miami could sign 2-3 mid level FAs to get younger and better. All hinges on Wade.

Ugh, Lakers news sites are talking about Lebron going there.

Talented player for sure, but nah. I'd rather rebuild with a crop of young players.

Wait what?

You wouldn't want Lebron on the Lakers because you rather rebuild with young players?

You do realize you guys would be instant title contenders and Lebron has probably 5-7 seasons left in him?

And since when have the Lakers been about building through the draft or developing talent? They usually just attract star FAs or trade for them.There are already tons of rumors of them trying to acquire Klay Thomson, Kevin Love, and other potential big stars.

Getting Lebron should be every teams goal. COME TO PHILLY!

Mindlog

On one hand, I'm happy Italy is out.
Good enough for me. Pretty decent team when they're not playing Fuckball™. Only caught a few glimpses of the match before the red and quickly decided that stealing time to watch wasn't worth the effort. Apparently the game got pretty funny.

Milchjon

I always wonder whether soccer could be saved, or if it's just inherently terrible.

When you have a sport that's all about movement on a field, but there's no incentive to stay upright (quite the opposite, considering how valuable a successful dive/foul can be, versus the small danger of a penalty for diving), it seems like much stricter rule enforcement via additional refs, video and whatever can keep that sport from turning to shit.

Alas, soccer players/fans/regulators seem to have no interest in any of that.

Konka

Banned
I always wonder whether soccer could be saved, or if it's just inherently terrible.

When you have a sport that's all about movement on a field, but there's no incentive to stay upright (quite the opposite, considering how valuable a successful dive/foul can be, versus the small danger of a penalty for diving), it seems like much stricter rule enforcement via additional refs, video and whatever can keep that sport from turning to shit.

If anyone can save it America can.

cdyhybrid

Automatic red card for flopping and video instant replay/challenges would fix a lot of stuff right away.

ok, the England-Sri Lanka game (Cricket? :jnc) just had the most incredible ending so that's improved my mood somewhat. Don't think I will fly into a rage and get myself banned after that.

Time to dick around with the RC helicopter I bought for my brother and pretend that the World Cup doesn't exist.

Top Bottom