• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

I imagine Kas screaming out random Stafford stats whilst boinking.

*5000 yards*

*40+ TDs*

*Youngest Elite QB in da lea....hnnnngggg*

I should quit GAF.

image.php

WedgeX

Banned
Made it to Michigan after a nine and a half hour drive. Drove about five and a half, maybe a bit more. People need to pay me more so I can buy plane tickets, fuck the cost.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
ioGmKtTeiPDgg.gif

Me = Suh
Trent Truck = Date

Knocked that shit out of the park fellas. Anytime a date goes for two hours you've done something right. She actually seemed more nervous than me at first. Really pretty girl, she's like 5'10 (almost 6'0 it seemed like) and she's a really smart girl. We had great conversations about work, family just getting to know each other off the bat. I asked her if she was a sports fan and she said not really which is kind of a bummer in my book. But her parents are extremely rich and she has a lot of money and you can call that superficial if you want but thats always a plus in my book.

Oh well she said "Had a great time, I'd love to do it again :)". I'll be busy these next few days but we set up round 2 for next week. No kiss or anything like that but that rarely occurs on the first date from my experience unless you're Kaepernick and you meet some STD infested groupie at a club. I wouldn't call that a date anyway.

Also a bit off topic but Wal Mart has the original iPad Mini 16 GB for $249.99. I've become an Apple fanboy since getting my 5S but does anyone have impressions? Is it worth the price? Does it come with a word processor so I can use it to type proposals or emails? If so it could essentially replace my laptop.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I imagine Kas screaming out random Stafford stats whilst boinking.

*5000 yards*

*40+ TDs*

*Youngest Elite QB in da lea....hnnnngggg*

I should quit GAF.

When I'm proven to be right about Stafford being an elite QB, I'm just telling NFLGAF right now I'll be making a thread in OT Konka style.

The guy has already proven himself the last three years, whether you look at his stats or comeback wins, but whatever I guess y'all need more proof for whatever reason.

When I'm proven to be right about Stafford being an elite QB, I'm just telling NFLGAF right now I'll be making a thread in OT Konka style.

The guy has already proven himself the last three years, whether you look at his stats or comeback wins, but whatever I guess y'all need more proof for whatever reason.

proof that a QB is good:

1. leads his team to the playoffs and wins when he gets there

until stafford does those things he's just another empty, meaningless stat machine. and as the old saying goes, stats are for losers

p.s.

congrats on your date brah! we would've also accepted a picture of staffords record against winning teams and you saying "me = winning teams, date = stafford. destroyed that shit bros!"

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Race highlight reels:

Thowmp Ruins
Racers: fmt, XiaNaphryz, elfforkusu, wienke, tmdorsey, Sanjuro, Katy, snesfreak, OscarJr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBLoZNspiyM

tmdorsey displays advanced usage of a mushroom:
http://gfycat.com/FormalHardBorer.webm
FormalHardBorer.gif

Cool midrace sequence:
http://gfycat.com/MarriedSoftAnt.webm
MarriedSoftAnt.gif

DK Jungle 3DS
Racers: wienke, XiaNaphryz, fmt, Sanjuro, snesfreak, tmdorsey, Katy, OscarJr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFUfLy_P0Ts

Nailing FMT with a red shell:
http://gfycat.com/AlertWarlikeGiraffe.webm
AlertWarlikeGiraffe.gif

Close battle at the end between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th:
http://gfycat.com/EnlightenedCorruptAndeancat.webm
EnlightenedCorruptAndeancat.gif

Yet another Moo Moo Meadows
Racers: XiaNaphryz, Gibbons (Bread), Katy, snesfreak, tmdorsey, Sanjuro, fmt, wienke, OscarJr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvD9uY7LyQA

Bread drives into the ass-end of a cow:
http://gfycat.com/AdmirablePortlyAvocet.webm
AdmirablePortlyAvocet.gif

Bread gets revenge by nailing me with 2 red shells and taunting right afterwards:
http://gfycat.com/FrighteningJitteryBaldeagle.webm
FrighteningJitteryBaldeagle.gif

Justice! Bread is nailed by wienke's blue shell at the end of the last lap allowing me to get 1st for the race and for the 4 race set:
http://gfycat.com/WelcomeTenderLaughingthrush.webm
WelcomeTenderLaughingthrush.gif

Vids are also on https://mariokart.tv/ if you're on my friends list.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
proof that a QB is good:

1. leads his team to the playoffs and wins when he gets there

until stafford does those things he's just another empty, meaningless stat machine. and as the old saying goes, stats are for losers

p.s.

congrats on your date brah! we would've also accepted a picture of staffords record against winning teams and you saying "me = winning teams, date = stafford. destroyed that shit bros!"

This is true, but as I've said, the rebuilding process after Matt Millen destroyed our franchise for a decade was always going to take awhile. It was never going to be a one year, two year turnaround type of deal.

The fact that Stafford led us to the playoffs in 2011 with the stats he posted is amazing in of itself.

MRSA

Banned
You know what's amazing? The amount of hot dogs Stafford is capable of chucking down his mouth. Such accuracy and violent velocity.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You know what's amazing? The amount of hot dogs Stafford is capable of chucking down his mouth. Such accuracy and violent velocity.

MRSA you will not ruin my great night with your attempts to sully the name of my young franchise QB.

This is true, but as I've said, the rebuilding process after Matt Millen destroyed our franchise for a decade was always going to take awhile. It was never going to be a one year, two year turnaround type of deal.

The fact that Stafford led us to the playoffs in 2011 with the stats he posted is amazing in of itself.

i wouldn't call it amazing. stafford led the league in pass attempts per game but wasn't even in the top 10 in yards per attempt. stafford isn't elite and he never will be. he's not peypey. if the lions are having to pass 30-40 times a game they are going to lose a lot of games (as they have been). stafford isn't the type of player that can win while putting the ball up that many times because he doesn't have consistent mechanics and he doesn't take care of the ball (sometimes because his mechanics are poor).

the lions need to run the ball more so they don't have to depend on stafford late in games. he has shown he isn't up to the task on a consistent basis, especially against winning teams

Same to you, buddy!

I'm going to a cabin this weekend so I'm only working a half-day and I wanted to get it started early. I woke up at 4:30... Coffee time!

That's REALLY early. I had a nice couple of cups of black goodness myself. Done working for the day already, finished the first part of our first paid assignment. Feeling all adult and stuff.

Is it your cabin? Nature is pretty sweet where you are right? Nice weekend out with the family.

Edit: Here's a song I'm really digging for the early birds : http://youtu.be/PnAFXMQbnc8

(Album cover might not be the most suited for work, some serious cleavage)

That's REALLY early. I had a nice couple of cups of black goodness myself already. Done working for the day already, finished the first part of our first paid assignment. Feeling all adult and stuff.

Is it your cabin? Nature is pretty sweet where you are right? Nice weekend out with the family.
Paid assignment? Is this for school or what?

Nope, not my cabin, I'm still too young and poor for that. We are going to Gatlinburg with a few friends, it's pretty much a redneck version of Las Vegas.

Here's the place we're staying:

Nope, not my cabin, I'm still too young and poor for that. We are going to Gatlinburg with a few friends, it's pretty much a redneck version of Las Vegas.

No, this isn't school related. Something on the side with 4 friends. We got hired by a Software company to do some research about their competition.

Scenery looks absolutly stunning. That might just be my favorite thing about the US, the sheer size, beauty and diversity of the landscape. This country is the size of a really small state and it's so full. You don't have large pieces with well nothing in them and it's nowhere near as pretty.

This is the best we got

CRW_7267.jpg

cajunator

Banned
That's REALLY early. I had a nice couple of cups of black goodness myself. Done working for the day already, finished the first part of our first paid assignment. Feeling all adult and stuff.

Edit: Here's a song I'm really digging for the early birds : http://youtu.be/PnAFXMQbnc8

(Album cover might not be the most suited for work, some serious cleavage)

Yeah Im sipping a cup of fresh Community coffee at the moment listening to the never ending rain outside. So good.
Its been raining since yesterday afternoon and hasnt stopped yet.

Here's the place we're staying:

Gatlinburg is awesome. That whole area is legit GORGEOUS. Ive been to Asheville to see the Biltmore Estate, and along the route is the Smokey Mountain Knife Works store. Huge place with all kinds of custom knives and outdoor gear. Fantastic. Along with Skyline Drive/Blue ridge Parkway thats my favorite place in the US so far.

Yeah Im sipping a cup of fresh Community coffee at the moment listening to the never ending rain outside. So good.
Its been raining since yesterday afternoon and hasnt stopped yet.

I love the sound of rain when I'm in bed, not so much when I have to ride my bike around.

Problem is that it can rain/drizzle here for like a week straight. The worst.

No, this isn't school related. Something on the side with 4 friends. We got hired by a Software company to do some research about their competition.

Scenery looks absolutly stunning. That might just be my favorite part about the US, the sheer size, beauty and diversity of the landscape. This country is the size of a really small state and it's so full. You don't have large pieces with well nothing in them and it's nowhere near as pretty.

This is the best we got

CRW_7267.jpg
I see, you are saving up money to come visit!

Yeah, the diversity in the US is pretty amazing even to me and I've lived here my entire life. There is still so much I'd love to see in the country, especially out west. It's actually pretty incredible how much land is still untamed in this country. Down in the area where I'm living now there are mountains everywhere so everything is built up in the "hollows" (people around here call them "hollers", too country for me to say) and the mountains themselves are just wilderness for the most part. Lots of stuff like this:

virginia-landscape.jpg

I think that is a really beautiful landscape you posted though, I would totally find a non-cow patty'd up area and have a barbecue picnic in that field. The windmill is awesome too, so distinct. I really want to visit Europe someday, it's just so expensive.

cajunator

Banned

Yeah, the diversity in the US is pretty amazing even to me and I've lived here my entire life. There is still so much I'd love to see in the country, especially out west. It's actually pretty incredible how much land is still untamed in this country. Down in the area where I'm living now there are mountains everywhere so everything is built up in the "hollows" (people around here call them "hollers", too country for me to say) and the mountains themselves are just wilderness for the most part. Lots of stuff like this:

virginia-landscape.jpg

I think that is a really beautiful landscape you posted though, I would totally find a non-cow patty'd up area and have a barbecue picnic in that field. The windmill is awesome too, so distinct. I really want to visit Europe someday, it's just so expensive.

Biltmore is so amazing
http://www.jshonk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Biltmore-Estate.jpg

bionic77

KAS man up and at least kiss your date the next time you see her. She is waiting for you to make that move. Don't be like the Lions last year and wait for someone to give you the division. As FMT loves to say you have to take it!

Also don't get the OG mini. It was very underpowered. New one shits all over it power and screen wise. Also isn't the new one like 300? I am not sure about that because I don't really fuck when tablets. Can't really replace a true laptop for me but millions disagree.

http://paradiseintheworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/virginia-landscape.jpg[img]

I think that is a really beautiful landscape you posted though, I would totally find a non-cow patty'd up area and have a barbecue picnic in that field. The windmill is awesome too, so distinct. I really want to visit Europe someday, it's just so expensive.[/QUOTE]

I wanna do an Internship in the US or something like that when I'm done with school. Experience living there for a while, so need money! I also wanna go on vacation there again soon, but that would mean I need even more money!

Regarding the scenery, I loved Arizona. The red rocks and all, like walking in Red Dead Redeption. The thing here is that there is no 'non-cow' field because the open fields we have are either for cows or growing tulips and stuff. The tinyness of this country is hard to phantom for most Americans, whilst the opposite is true for Dutchies who can't comprehend just how big the US is.

You can drive from to most northern part to the most southern part in like 5 hours here.

cajunator

Banned
I have been to Asheville a few times and I absolutely love it but I didn't get a chance to visit the Biltmore. It looks really cool!

Its really impressive. The furniture in it is really exotic and theres a giant library room, an old school swimming pool with ropes to climb out of it, a few walk in pantries and a whole lot of guest rooms. Plus a big horse stable next to it and a winery down the road that still functions. Worth a visit. By the way its the same house that was in Richie Rich.

cajunator

Banned
I wanna do an Internship in the US or something like that when I'm done with school. Experience living there for a while, so need money! I also wanna go on vacation there again soon, but that would mean I need even more money!

Regarding the scenery, I loved Arizona. The red rocks and all, like walking in Red Dead Redeption. The thing here is that there is no 'non-cow' field because the open fields we have are either for cows or growing tulips and stuff. The tinyness of this country is hard to phantom for most Americans, whilst the opposite is true for Dutchies who can't comprehend just how big the US is.

You can drive from to most northern part to the most southern part in like 5 hours here.

Hey which part of Netherlands do they build the Spyker cars in?

Holy crap! This puts it into perspective, haha. I never would have guessed that. It takes us about 8 hours just to get to the beach and it's only one state over.

Time to check out The Netherlands in Google Earth...

8 hours from here you're in London, Paris or Berlin. Which is also a great thing to have.

Hey which part of Netherlands do they build the Spyker cars in?

Flevoland. The biggest artificial island in the world! #TheMoreYouKnow

cajunator

Banned
8 hours from here you're in London, Paris or Berlin. Which is also a great thing to have.

Flevoland. The biggest artificial island in the world! #TheMoreYouKnow

silly goose. It says they are built in Zeewolde. Im not sure where that is. Oh wait you were actually serious. Theres a place called Flevoland? Im interested now.

silly goose. It says they are built in Zeewolde. Im not sure where that is. Oh wait you were actually serious. Theres a place called Flevoland? Im interested now.

Zeewolde is a city in the 'state' Flevoland where they build the cars.

And it's all artificial land. Country grew by like 5% when they build it.

cajunator

Banned
Zeewolde is a city in the 'state' Flevoland where they build the cars.

And it's all artificial land. Country grew by like 5% when they build it.

thats pretty neat.
New Orleans based its flood protection tech on Dutch water management. Not the Katrina failure stuff but the new projects.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
KAS man up and at least kiss your date the next time you see her. She is waiting for you to make that move. Don't be like the Lions last year and wait for someone to give you the division. As FMT loves to say you have to take it!

He's doing it right for online dating though....keep the physical stuff for date 2. Although I would throw in a hug at the end of the first date.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Good morning sponges.

Today is the last day of work then a super long weekend.

Canada Day falls on a Tuesday next week so work gave us Monday off as well.

Spinluck

Also don't get the OG mini. It was very underpowered. New one shits all over it power and screen wise. Also isn't the new one like 300? I am not sure about that because I don't really fuck when tablets. Can't really replace a true laptop for me but millions disagree.

I have never owned a tablet because of this reason. I feel like a good laptop is still the better option. Although, I can see why some people really benefit from a tablet, especially when their workload doesn't really require a more powerful device or a keyboard.

Tamanon

Banned
Tablet is great for just goofing off and browsing the net. Laptop is when I actually want to do something. So I use both my laptop and my ipad pretty often.

Spinluck

I like the Surface brand, the new one looks pretty damn good.

I personally prefer the MBP to the Air, it will most likely be my next laptop, but I'm waiting for the right time to buy one.

jakncoke

Banned
Goddamn I really hate the sun, Just walked on the porch feeling the heat and humidity already at 9:30 and felt like Jeremy Piven in the Smokin Aces scene where the sun in beating on him as he waking up(although i did neither alcohol or coke last night so I guess its only comparable in the sense that fuck the sun is too bright, hot and its too fucking humid out) Come back snow and cold you are my friend <3

Edit: Oh lawd, someone gifified the actual satan kid

world-cup-2014-weird-kid-dancing-lifts-shirt-fan-14038303339.gif

Farooq

Banned

Excited to see what Dunbar will bring to the Cowboys this season. Especially behind Frederick and Martin. I mean just look at Frederick just mauling his dude out of the lane.

That ZBS out of 11...Wish I saw more of it last season.

I talked about how deep the Cowboys were at the skill positions, and the amount of options from the slot. It looks like Dunbar may be added to mix.

In fact, Cowboys running backs coach Gary Brown, who spent eight years in the league with several different teams, including the Houston Oilers, sees plenty to like about the 5-foot-8 runner heading into year three of his pro career.

"Well, he's a guy that's going to be a complete weapon. We can line him up anywhere on the team-tailback spot, at the wide receiver spot, in the slot. He has tremendous hands and he's just not a specialty guy. He could play tailback if you need him to go out there and give you 15 or 20 carries. He's that type of kid," Brown said. "He brings a whole different dimension, a whole different vibe in our room as far as what he does and we're looking forward to using him as a weapon as well."

I was also doing some offseason reading, and came across an article titled "The key to efficient offense? Not tempo". The article discusses the relationship between a teams offensive tempo and offensive efficiency. Or something, I didn't read it, I just skim that shit for stats that give me optimism for the Cowboys season.

wNjV7lS.png

What? Cowboys had the second most efficient offense? I find this hilarious because...

Dallas' opposition snapped the ball 1,094 times on offense, about 14 percent more than did Tony Romo and Co. The Cowboys' big-play ability merely helped them break even rather than setting them apart like Denver.

Man, if only the Cowboys had a defense that wasn't last in the league.

Top Bottom