• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

ShaneB

What are the fundamental difference between hockey and soccer other than one being played on a smaller field with skates and a stick.

ovechkin-check-on-hurricanes-player.gif

Physicality for one thing. Exciting play that can involve lots of shots on goal that generally goes into double digit numbers!

Konka

Banned
ovechkin-check-on-hurricanes-player.gif

Physicality for one thing. Exciting play that can involve lots of shots on goal that generally goes into double digit numbers!

The physicality is something that developed thats to the field of play with walls and all, the pure version played out on a frozen lake isn't like that.

What are the fundamental difference between hockey and soccer other than one being played on a smaller field with skates and a stick.

Well NHL playoffs definitely have drama but the difference is that soccer can still be fun to watch even if its a meaningless game.

Which club owns Rodriquez? Kid looks like a future star

e: header pass was badass

Plays for Monaco so anybody that wants him will have to break the bank.

Love those Colombian celebrations.

AS Monaco in France.

They just bought him last year and paid a pretty penny (45 million USD). I could see a PSG, Manchester City, type scooping him up in the near future though.

Monaco is one of those type of clubs. They were bought 2 years ago or something when they were still in the second league and then spend 150 million on Rodiguez, Falcao, Moutinho and others.

Also, soccer is exhausting. 6 miles doesn't sound like a lot, but it's the constant stop-and-go stuff that kills me.

Greg

Daaang my boy Greg enjoying the summer with watermelon AND sunglasses!!

I should get some watermelon too now that I think about it!! :cool:
mmmmmm

I am considering bar patio drinking with a friend because it's cooler outside than in the house, but I don't know if I feel like going out

Put a quarter ounce of vodka in it and you've got a Buckethead drink.
:jnc

FX is showing a marathon (well one movie every night) of Bayformers. Revenge of the Fallen is on.

Made me realize two things.

A) For all the hate she gets, Megan Fox in her semi-prime was unbelievably hot

B) This movie is fucking ridiculously stupid. I know I've made comments in the past defending Transformers but this is terrible. It's at the college scene with the Mark Sanchez looking motherfucker and his hacker buddies and the pot brownies and its already indefensible. Haven't even gotten to racist robots and metal scrotums yet.

Will still keep watching because I'm a glutton for sploding robots, damn you Bay

Naw Marky Mark is literally an awful human being who is racist and beat the shit out of a middle age Vietnamese man and blinded him in one eye in the process.

You can't say you are a true Bostoner until you've beaten the shit out of a minority.

But to be fair, he has apologized for that.

squicken

Naw Marky Mark is literally an awful human being who is racist and beat the shit out of a middle age Vietnamese man and blinded him in one eye in the process.

He was a teenage crackhead when he did that. People change, especially from their teen years. He shouldn't be excused for his actions but I don't think he is forever a racist thug either

Top Bottom