• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Did that British announcer just say something akin to God was on the side of Brazil today? Why would God choose Brazil over Chile? What would be his reasoning?

Tom Penny

Did that British announcer just say something akin to God was on the side of Brazil today? Why would God choose Brazil over Chile? What would be his reasoning?

city_of_god_folder_icon_by_turkush-d5lgbkj.png

BigAT

Do actual soccer fans hate penalty kicks as much as I do? Pretty sure I'd lose my mind if any sport I liked was decided in such an absurd manner.

Crisco

Banned
Yeah, after two 15 minutes periods, a shootout is ok. You could see how tired the players were. Although, I think they need to do something that increases the likelihood of scoring during those two periods, like relax the offsides rule somehow.

Greg

Do actual soccer fans hate penalty kicks as much as I do? Pretty sure I'd lose my mind if any sport I liked was decided in such an absurd manner.
that's why they're called penalty kicks - both teams are being penalized for not being able to settle the game after 120+ minutes
:jnc

Bread

Banned
I hate PKs, and I hate shootouts in hockey.

Thank god basketball and football don't throw in that kind of bullshit to settle games.

What would the NFL equivalent be? Each team has one play at the goal line to score?

squicken

Before the rule change to PKs, when they just played on and on, sucked worse than PKs. There's just no perfect way to decide an elimination game/match that ends in a tie. Who wanted to watch more soccer the way they played the last 30 minutes?

BigAT

Yeah, after two 15 minutes periods, a shootout is ok. You could see how tired the players were. Although, I think they need to do something that increases the likelihood of scoring during those two periods, like relax the offsides rule somehow.

Who cares if they are tired, get back out there. I would rather see the game decided on sheer athleticism or force of will by one team.

Greg

Before the rule change to PKs, when they just played on and on, sucked worse than PKs. There's just no perfect way to decide an elimination game/match that ends in a tie. Who wanted to watch more soccer the way they played the last 30 minutes?
something would eventually give

there would at least be incentive to make your moves earlier instead of playing keep away like a bitch for 30 minutes

I hate PKs, and I hate shootouts in hockey.

Thank god basketball and football don't throw in that kind of bullshit to settle games.

What would the NFL equivalent be? Each team has one play at the goal line to score?
One offensive player (with ball) vs one defensive plsyer from the 10 yard line.

5 times w/ different players. Most TDs wins.

Top Bottom