• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

If Rackley impresses, he could start at left guard and Kelechi Osemele can move to right tackle. The good news is Rackley has experience starting next to left tackle Eugene Monroe during their days in Jacksonville. The bad news is Rackley was one of the lowest-graded guards last season by Pro Football Focus.

So the good news is he has played terribly with Eugene Monroe, so he'll be able to do the same now! Hooray!!!!

The clock is ticking dutch...

ckun.gif

350x700px-LL-f8f04322_51de430a23294.preview-300.jpeg

pls

Monaco makes some nice supercars

Monaco has car manufactures? They have a lot of nice super cars driving around, that's for sure.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Ever since the avatar change...dunno, you seem more agreeable. And attractive.

Like your avatar change also.

I will admit I do miss my Stafford avatar. That confident smile and gaze would look at you after every one of my posts. Speaking of which we haven't had many Stafford pics being posted. I think that should change soon.

Sucks to hear about Sean Lee. He's a solid LB but seems to have the injury bug. Tearing a knee ligament in non contact OTAs is straight bad luck.

Farooq

Banned
The Cowboys drafted Hitchens to back up Lee. They did not want to be stuck with what they had to deal with last year. Bruce Carter struggled in Kiffin's scheme, but he has played well when he moved inside in Rob's 3-4 (to replace Lee two years ago). Mike in the 3-4 is different than a Mike in a 4-3, but I think the versatility is there.

It definitely sucks, but Cowboys took some steps to mitigate the loss of Lee. They were thinking about losing Lee when they drafted Hitchens. Lee's production cannot be replaced, but hopefully what happened in the Packers game last year (UDFA playing Mike) will not happen again.

ShaneB

ShaneB: Happy Birthday! Try to keep your chin up, man!

Thanks! Yeah, I have my good days and bad days. Deal with things I'd rather not talk about, and those days really get me down in the dumps. Try my best when I look at the positive things, and know it can always be so much worse.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Like your avatar change also.

I will admit I do miss my Stafford avatar. That confident smile and gaze would look at you after every one of my posts. Speaking of which we haven't had many Stafford pics being posted. I think that should change soon.

I don't think you want to invite that kind of ridicule on yourself again.

But it was hilarious so please do.

Schaub throws pick-6 in first practice, other quick takes (updated)
Posted on Tuesday, May 27 at 1:19pm | By Vic Tafur

Matt Schaub was adequate in his first practice Tuesday, but the Raiders’ new starting quarterback did throw an interception that was returned for a touchdown by defensive end Justin Tuck toward the end of the organized team activity. Last year, as a member of the Houston Texans, Schaub set an NFL record with pick-6′s in four straight games.

Coach Dennis Allen said Schaub “made some mistakes … but that’s to be expected. I was pleased with the way he looked out here today.”

Outside linebacker Kevin Burnett was the one healthy no-show and coach Dennis Allen said he was not concerned and had been in contact with Burnett. Allen indicated the absence was not tied to the arrival of first-round pick Khalil Mack.

Defensive tackle Antonio Smith was out after having surgery after a weight-room incident, and guard Lucas Nix was in attendance but watched with a minor injury.

Tight end David Ausberry, who may or may not be No. 1 on the depth chart, looked good and made a lot of catches. He was out last year with a shoulder injury

When asked, Allen said there was no depth chart … But it’s not like guys were raising their hands when first, second and third teams lined up. (There is a new practice policy for reporters, and we’re not allowed to write what we see in practice pertaining to formations or depth charts. There are also restrictions on Tweeting from the practice field.)

When I asked Allen if he was considering using running back Maurice Jones-Drew as a punt returner, he said that he was.

Allen said cornerback D.J. Hayden is “light years ahead” of where he was last year, “physically and mentally.”

Sounds like its time for "Player X is in the best shape of his career" or "Player Y looks the best he ever has" or "Player Z is primed for a big comeback year!" impressions out of OTAs

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL has footage of the play that Lee got injured on. Martin levels him to the ground, etc.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/0ap2000000353612/Garrett-discusses-Lee-injury

Levels? He was expecting some resistance but it looks like Lee was already going down. I'm sure this is about to get blown way out of proportion. Time to pop some kernels.

Shazier did throw Pouncey to the ground today, as reported by Pouncey.

Also,

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 33m

Herm Edwards Super Bowl XLIX prediction (May 2014 version) @TBBuccaneers vs @Steelers

Top Bottom