• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Bowser

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 33m

Herm Edwards Super Bowl XLIX prediction (May 2014 version) @TBBuccaneers vs @Steelers

Fqt8I.gif

cdyhybrid

I could see the Steelers making a jump, but the NFC is really tough. Even if the Bucs get significantly better I dunno if it'll be enough.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If I was a betting man, I would guess the SB would be either Denver vs. 49ers, or Pats vs. 49ers.

I don't think the Iggles er....the Niners are due for another appearance. I'm thinking they get bounced in the divisional. It'll probably be something dumb like the Saints or Redskins.

Denver I could see for sure. Or maybe the Colts.

Edit: New Battlefield sounds like a refreshing concept even if it's something as old as Cops vs Robbers. Inventing all of these fake conflicts must be getting old....it's nice to get back to the CT vs Terrorist type concept from Rainbow Six and Counterstrike.

When was the last time two non-playoff teams from the year before met in the Super Bowl?

Actually us. 03 Pats vs Panthers*

It also happened in 2000 with the Ravens and Giants.

Obviously the odds are against it, but its not impossible. I think the Bucs are the more likely of the two to get there, but their biggest problem is that the NFCW may be so good that it takes both wild cards and has a very dangerous fourth team left out.

I'm not sure that the Steelers will be able to break the Denver-New England hegemony in the AFC, not this year.

Bowser

Actually us. 03 Pats vs Panthers*

It also happened in 2000 with the Ravens and Giants.

Obviously the odds are against it, but its not impossible. I think the Bucs are the more likely of the two to get there, but their biggest problem is that the NFCW may be so good that it takes both wild cards and has a very dangerous fourth team left out.

I'm not sure that the Steelers will be able to break the Denver-New England hegemony in the AFC, not this year.

Hm, pretty cool. It was actually a legit question I was wondering, but didn't feel like doing the research myself.

Seahawks were so far above the rest of the NFL last year and the gap is just getting wider. They are going to clown the Broncos again in the SB.

rando14

Hawks and Niners are pretty much equal. NFC West will cannibalize each other, perfect opportunity for a team from a weaker division to grab 1st seed and home advantage.

ShaneB

Seahawks were so far above the rest of the NFL last year and the gap is just getting wider. They are going to clown the Broncos again in the SB.

I definitely don't see it that way. The NFCW at least still feels wide open to me, the Cardinals and Rams feel like complete wild cards in how they could perform this season, and it feels like so many NFC teams have gotten so much better.

Weeden running with 1st team, and Lee possibly out?!

You people are ruining me. When I see a hot girl now I think/say to myself "Hnnnnnghhh".

Godslay

Banned

Maybe we could narrow the margin of defeat to under 30 points this time. Keep giving us shots at winning and the 1 out of 100 will eventually happen!

Top Bottom