• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just heard about Josh Gordan getting popped again for weed.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...rowns-caught-speeding-passenger-had-marijuana

What's so hard about not smoking weed when you have millions of dollars? He could be spending his days drinking fine liquor or good beer and banging chicks ALL DAY. Instead he's driving around with dudes and blunts.

Holy shit, again?

I think the NFL, and our country in general, has a backwards Marijuana policy but when you have millions on the line I think it's best to put it aside for a little bit of time until you retire. Then you can smoke it up all damn day for the rest of your life.

I'm really glad we didn't end up trading for him. I think Mayhew and the rest of the GMs in the league knew Gordon would be a headache. Such a waste of talent.

Restore the Roar 2014.

Plus it has Alex Morgan.

AMORG10.gif

ed27o48.png

Just catching up
Speaking of Dix, Hyde is taking reps with the 1st team D at Safety.

Now they just need a SS next year to replace Burnett.
Dix can play SS.

With any luck we'll put Burnett deep where he never has to (miss a) tackle, or just bench him if Hyde is good enough.

Hyde your Dix is the ideal.

Narag

Khalil Mack talking up Schaub, Brennan Williams saying he doesn't need Disney Marvel films while Fox has X-Men. Upsidedown day for mech

I could see them playing all 3 depending on the offense.

Hyde will be a Woodson CB/S hybrid like Hayward except Hayward is better cover CB and get more play time.

Lots of fun combinations this year.

53 man roster will be really interesting.
Nah, won't play all three unless Dix literally turns into prime Woodson. Or our CBs get hurt.

Tramon + Shields + Hayward is pretty damn good.
They are listed in reverse order of talent

I'm happy to have hope about our secondary again. Now if we could just cut Brad Jones...

Narag

You actually following him on Twitter? I don't.

i think i follow like 6 ex/current nfl players on twitter. jared lorenzen, kluwe, pat macafee, ty hilton, brennan williams, robert mathis

ok 7 if sergio brown tweeting horoscopes counts

Syrinx

Those last 15 seconds of that Kings-Blackhawks game were nuts. Thought the Kings were going to tie it.

Game 7's going to be a blast.

tmdorsey

Beautiful imagery.

Speaking of beautiful imagery.

3 games for the price of $95 (I picked Pikmin 3 as my free digital game with MK). Any game was 40% off if you bought MK8 at Toys R Us so I got DK since I loved the Wii one and only got a short taste of the new one.

I hate spending $60 on games (overpriced) so spending over $60 is always out of the question, but I found a reason to justify it here.

Add me brehs! NNID SpinDasher.

Damn I did the same thing today, except I haven't cashed in my free digital game yet. Played a few cups with my daughters and a friend and his son. Game is legit. My NNID is tmdorsey76 I believe.

just saw daryl washington was suspended for the year. aldon... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
edit

just read that he was on level 3 warning for substance abuse and failed another test. that bodes well for aldon.... he has 0 failed tests! he just likes to shoot guns in a crowd, drive drunk into trees and say bomb in an airport. you can't cage this free bird roger, it wouldn't be right!

Syrinx

Kings are dead on Sunday. Should've closed out the series tonight.

Eh, it's not uncommon at all for road teams to win Game 7's in the NHL playoffs. And the Kings are still a really good team.

But Chicago's got their groove back and winning in Chicago's a very different proposition than winning in other places. I do think they win.

just saw daryl washington was suspended for the year. aldon... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
edit

just read that he was on level 3 warning for substance abuse and failed another test. that bodes well for aldon.... he has 0 failed tests! he just likes to shoot guns in a crowd, drive drunk into trees and say bomb in an airport. you can't cage this free bird roger, it wouldn't be right!

Smoking weed is way worst than anything you posted.

JABEE

Can I be a taste tester? It's the riskiest job in the business.

You can be my food taster. I have a lot of enemies out there. The alcoholic beverage business is cutthroat. Turn your back and someone will stab you in the back with their vintage barber shop razor.

I'm happy to have hope about our secondary again. Now if we could just cut Brad Jones...
I'd probably trust Hyde to tackle better than Hayward so who knows.

Any who, I've read a lot of reports that the Packers are anticipated to have both 3-4 and 4-3 looks which means Matthews can be moved around. I'd imagine they'll play him at MLB sometimes and use the bigger guys to set the edge. Peppers will really help out in that regard being the wandering elephant. He'll be like Woodson but for the DL.

I hope it turns out well, I'm pretty excited.

I'd probably trust Hyde to tackle better than Hayward so who knows.

Any who, I've read a lot of reports that the Packers are anticipated to have both 3-4 and 4-3 looks which means Matthews can be moved around. I'd imagine they'll play him at MLB sometimes and use the bigger guys to set the edge. Peppers will really help out in that regard being the wandering elephant. He'll be like Woodson but for the DL.

I hope it turns out well, I'm pretty excited.
Hayward can tackle if he's healthy. Only concern with him is that he can't stay healthy. Dude's fantastic when he's not playing with a limp.

I don't think Clay will play MLB under any circumstances. Makes no sense to me. Peppers will wander though.

I don't think Clay will play MLB under any circumstances. Makes no sense to me. Peppers will wander though.
He can actually cover, has enough speed to assist on edge, can blitz up middle/create mismatches.

Dominic Riola trying to stop Clay Matthews? Ha ha heeeee hoooo haaaaa

Top Bottom