• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 4 - The Bears Still Suck

Tom Penny

Just stupid..

“The way I look at that is some guys do it just to be [expletive],” Bryant said on FOX Sports 1, via the Dallas Morning News. “I paid $55,000 for a dinner, and it struck me the wrong way. I could’ve easily went off on every last one of them, but I didn’t. I kept myself together, and I wanted to change that. So you know what I did, went out there and did my thing. Now they’re allowing me to call the shots.”

I thought about going downstairs and lifting some weights, decided to watch a live stream of my brother playing in the Super Bowl in our Madden league instead.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm surprised there's no gamblingGAF.

There was a poker OT, but activity pretty much died after the US shutdown the online scene on Black Friday.

I just lost $60 at blackjack an hour ago.

I'm drunk as fuck.

I'm home.

Let's party.

Didn't the WSOP start this past week? I considered heading down for the employee event since I can actually afford the entry fee for that one but decided to just go next year.

Godslay

Banned
I thought about going downstairs and lifting some weights, decided to watch a live stream of my brother playing in the Super Bowl in our Madden league instead.

I do a combination of things. Usually ~1 hr of Yoga in the morning, and 30-45 minutes of walking/running or spinning/biking in the evening. The Yoga has given me more functional strength than weightlifting ever did. The cardio keeps me in good shape. I know it sounds cliche, but you'll feel light years better both mentally and physically if you work out with consistency as Greg and Hunter also point out.

cajunator

Banned
That's the problem.

I've passed up getting a WiiU for $99 and $49, and I still can't see the overall value. I'd get pumped and play Mario Kart for a week.

I feel like all consoles should be priced about 200$ and thats about the best value.
This 400-500$ bullshit is stupid and always was.

Sanjuro

I feel like all consoles should be priced about 200$ and thats about the best value.
This 400-500$ bullshit is stupid and always was.

I dunno. I have XB1 and PS4 at both $300, reduced from all sorts of trade in deals and sales of the old consoles. There are no games for them, but I'm pretty happy.

If I purchased the Wii U, I would be just flipping it instantly after I played whatever I got it for. There just aren't enough games I'm interested in, and the console doesn't do much else. The Nintendo magic has worn off for me. Outside that great new Zelda game and wanting to play Mario Golf, nada.

cajunator

Banned
I would much rather have a $500 console that does more then just play games then a $200 one that only plays games.

Id rather they quit pretending these things are do it all devices and then limit the hell out of what they can do because of all the DRM. Just give me a 200$ version out of the gate. None of this shit is worth 400$ whether I paid that much or not.

Spinluck

Any of you bros wanna get some MK races going?

Dude, I got your message on Miiverse, I've been trying to get in some matches before I go out and have only been in like 4 the past 2hrs. I've been browsing and doing stuff while I just leave it on in the background, it sucks. Exiting and entering lobbies again hasn't done much either.

The online is so glorious when you play it, but so far I've spent more time waiting than playing it.

Not with your cooking ability....I'd rather not see anyone's kids poisoned.

Today's kids don't even like home cooked meals anymore. They rather their parents blow cash on processed foods and stuff. I for one will not be having it!

Talon

I'm tired of these companies pretending they have a vision when they fail so miserably at executing on it.

Execution is everything.

cajunator

Banned
I'm tired of these companies pretending they have a vision when they fail so miserably at executing on it.

Execution is everything.

I sincerely think all three gaming companies have completely lost any vision. Not a single one of them has anything new to offer of any excitement. Ive never been more bored with gaming than I am now.

Dude, I got your message on Miiverse, I've been trying to get in some matches before I go out and have only been in like 4 the past 2hrs. I've been browsing and doing stuff while I just leave it on in the background, it sucks. Exiting and entering lobbies again hasn't done much either.

The online is so glorious when you play it, but so far I've spent more time waiting than playing it.

Today's kids don't even like home cooked meals anymore. They rather their parents blow cash on processed foods and stuff. I for one will not be having it!
Dang man, that sucks. I played online earlier and had no trouble finding a group right away. I played about 10 races straight with no issues. Maybe it's your router or something? I hope you get it figured out, the online is fun.

Talon

I sincerely think all three gaming companies have completely lost any vision. Not a single one of them has anything new to offer of any excitement. Ive never been more bored with gaming than I am now.
You already know my position on consoles.

The days of premium set top boxes are winding down. There isn't room in the space to support three constrained platforms when there are solutions that are "good enough" for 1/4 or 1/5 of the price. The fact that Microsoft thought they could own the media experience is just sheer foolishness - Google-level optimism.

The people that are looking for media-focused features aren't looking at gaming consoles. They're looking at a Roku, AppleTV, or the dozens of other cheap imitators - not to mention the number of TVs that have the basics (Netflix, Amazon) built-in.

The media features were only a value-add for your existing population. It was never going to open up the floodgates to non-gamers.

The fact that they expected Kinect Sports Rivals to move any sort of meter just shows how foolish the old Xbox guard was and hopefully Spencer isn't more of the same.

Spinluck

Dang man, that sucks. I played online earlier and had no trouble finding a group right away. I played about 10 races straight with no issues. Maybe it's your router or something? I hope you get it figured out, the online is fun.

I'm going to buy a USB to ethernet port for my Wii U. Going wired usually fixes my connection issues.

I had a great one but misplaced it.

cajunator

Banned
You already know my position on consoles.

The days of premium set top boxes are winding down. There isn't room in the space to support three constrained platforms when there are solutions that are "good enough" for 1/4 or 1/5 of the price. The fact that Microsoft thought they could own the media experience is just sheer foolishness - Google-level optimism.

The people that are looking for media-focused features aren't looking at gaming consoles. They're looking at a Roku, AppleTV, or the dozens of other cheap imitators - not to mention the number of TVs that have the basics (Netflix, Amazon) built-in.

The media features were only a value-add for your existing population. It was never going to open up the floodgates to non-gamers.

The fact that they expected Kinect Sports Rivals to move any sort of meter just shows how foolish the old Xbox guard was and hopefully Spencer isn't more of the same.

Its like at this point the "wow" factor which was barely there to begin with is completely gone. Visually consoles are a bore. Even PC visuals are mediocre looking stuff. Theres nothing amazing or groundbreaking or innovative or imaginative anymore. Its all just stale rehashes of the same thing over and over from all companies. I dont see water effects and cream my pants like some people. Its fucking water. Its supposed to behave like it does. I think I just hate gaming.

Talon

Its like at this point the "wow" factor which was barely there to begin with is completely gone. Visually consoles are a bore. Even PC visuals are mediocre looking stuff. Theres nothing amazing or groundbreaking or innovative or imaginative anymore. Its all just stale rehashes of the same thing over and over from all companies. I dont see water effects and cream my pants like some people. Its fucking water. Its supposed to behave like it does. I think I just hate gaming.
I feel like we've been waiting for AI improvements in games for about a decade at this point.

AC seemed to promise it, but it was nothing. Watch Dogs again promised it, and it is yet again nothing.

Draxal

Well I liked Super Mario 3D World (even though it really just felt like more of Super Mario 3D Land....still waiting on a true 3D sequal to Mario 64 or Sunshine).

Galaxy 2 is the best Mario game ever, I'd kill for an HD version without the waggle.

Spinluck

I wish more games would release in the summer

Wow, this is one of your all-time smartest post.

But yea, idk why Summer is so barren when it comes to games. Kids are out of school and everything is more laxed. But no, lets wait till the fall comes around and cram them all in the same months.

MK8 came out at a great time though, and the PS4 has some sweet indie games.

Xbox One kicks ass, voice controlled snapping between games is the real next gen.

What a shill.

bionic77

Are you Ricky Bobby? You don't have to be first to be successful.
MS still is in the red for games (they made a profit last gen but still not more than prior losses). Sony lost all their PS profits on the PS3 and PSP and are living check to check. And Nintendo lost the kids markets to crystal meth and smartphones and not enough people buy the 3DS despite it being the best console by a fucking mile.

I also feel so little variety in games these days outside of a few indie companies and the 3DS. Look how how different Luigis ghostbuster versus Fire Emblem and Mario3DS are. On PS4 and Bone all the big games are the same fucking shooting game and open world shit.

Good for you if you like it but no thanks for me!

cajunator

Banned
MS still is in the red for games (they made a profit last gen but still not more than prior losses). Sony lost all their PS profits on the PS3 and PSP and are living check to check. And Nintendo lost the kids markets to crystal meth and smartphones and not enough people buy the 3DS despite it being the best console by a fucking mile.

I also feel so little variety in games these days outside of a few indie companies and the 3DS. Look how how different Luigis ghostbuster versus Fire Emblem and Mario3DS are. On PS4 and Bone all the big games are the same fucking shooting game and open world shit.

Good for you if you like it but no thanks for me!

I feel quite similar at the moment.

Top Bottom