• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hopefully, it's a one year deal and we can do this again next year. It filled a week and a half of the football offseason!

I just read that letter and he's pretty much doomed to staying in Cleveland the rest of his career.

squeeeeeee *hugs cleveland

I just hope people dont hate on cleveland Cavs now :(

Eh, this is a sort of different situation. He's moving from a glitzy city on the coast with a team that has (had) three hall of famers back to his hometown. Even if it's sort of a "reverse" decision because he's not moving back to garbage...it's a hard sell to paint him as the villain.

are Heat fans gonna disappear now?

....and yes. In droves. Your Miami locals will remain though.

Edit: For clarification I hated on Lebron every single season he was in Miami but now I don't really feel any ill will towards him. I'm not from Cleveland but I know what it's like to be dicked over by your childhood idol.

Syrinx

Good for Cleveland.

Kinda funny how it's looking like LeBron leaving the Cavs in 2010 may have been the best thing that ever happened to them now.

cajunator

Banned
I just read that letter and he's pretty much doomed to staying in Cleveland the rest of his career.

Eh, this is a sort of different situation. He's moving from a glitzy city on the coast with a team that has (had) three hall of famers back to his hometown. Even if it's sort of a "reverse" decision because he's not moving back to garbage...it's a hard sell to paint him as the villain.

....and yes. In droves. Your Miami locals will remain though.

Edit: For clarification I hated on Lebron every single season he was in Miami but now I don't really feel any ill will towards him. I'm not from Cleveland but I know what it's like to be dicked over by your childhood idol.

Im happy for Lebron. I like the dude to be honest. Sure he let the fame and success go to his head sort of but he seems to have a hard working character to him and a good spirit. I wish him the best going back to Cleveland. Im sure he really regrets that Miami heat circus conference with all the fire and not one, not two bullshit. Hes older and wiser now.

Milchjon

tumblr_n8gcqfPbmM1s4df8ko1_1280_zps2c15c234.png

I assume Mech lives in Married Pretentious White People and Wienke in Not What It Used To Be.

Actually, thinking about this made me realize that I imagine Mech to be a lot like Clark Griswold.

cajunator

Banned
tumblr_n8gcqfPbmM1s4df8ko1_1280_zps2c15c234.png

I assume Mech lives in Married Pretentious White People and Wienke in Not What It Used To Be.

Actually, thinking about this made me realize that I imagine Mech to be a lot like Clark Griswold.

Where it says cancer, thats where the Chevron Galena Park, Motiva Pasadena, and Deer Park ethanol fuel racks arel ocated.

Bread

Banned
Good for Cleveland.

Kinda funny how it's looking like LeBron leaving the Cavs in 2010 may have been the best thing that ever happened to them now.
Yup, it got them off the treadmill. Good for Cleveland, even though they fucking suck for getting 3 1st picks in 4 years.

Dragon

Banned
BG is outside his place with his shirt off, holding a boombox over his head blasting Just Hold On We're Going Home.

nikejordanswish-boombox-case-basketball.jpg

You're not fooling anyone, buddy! You are trying to introduce your alt before you get into a final epic battle with Dragon that will end with both of you being perma'd. I'm on to you!

That said, let the show begin!

I'm mellow yellow until the season starts. Then I rage more than Gata when he sees an alligator egg being eaten.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
So it's accurate?

Those maps would be pretty helpful for moving to a new city and knowing where to live and where not to live.

I do live in "Not what it used to be" but even farther north than that. The Houston map isn't extensive enough to cover the entire Houston area since it's basically missing the entire north side and a good chunk of the west side.

The southeast part is exactly a Cajun describes. It's like something out of the matrix because there are refineries that just stretch on for miles and miles.

cajunator

Banned
So it's accurate?

Those maps would be pretty helpful for moving to a new city and knowing where to live and where not to live.

I do live in "Not what it used to be" but even farther north than that. The Houston map isn't extensive enough to cover the entire Houston area since it's basically missing the entire north side and a good chunk of the west side.

The southeast part is exactly a Cajun describes. It's like something out of the matrix because there are refineries that just stretch on for miles and miles.

Yup. Also channelview is where Houston terminal is located where we park trucks.
There are actually more fuel racks on the northwest side of Houston as well.
Thats not my division though so I couldnt tell you specifically where.

Top Bottom