• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season Thread 5 - Everybody Do The Flop

Two of my nephews are here and they actually stopped playing video games and badgered me to put Jaws on instead. 10 years and seven years old and I have already passed my impeccable taste on to them.

I am basically the best uncle ever right?

2015 NBA Champs : Cleveland
2014 MLB Champs: Indians
2015 Super Bowl winners: Browns

Cleveland explodes.

Who's gonna go full-Kas with the Cleveland love on here?

Two of my nephews are here and they actually stopped playing video games and badgered me to put Jaws on instead. 10 years and seven years old and I have already have passed my impeccable taste on to them.

I am basically the best uncle ever right?

image.php

It was LeBron's plan all along, we were all foolish.

Cleveland would never have improved if he did not leave, and he needed his balls to drop to become a better player. So he left, he wanted the world against him, the hate, disappointment, and overall betrayal. He needed to see the darkness of man to become, so he did what no rational man would do and moved to Florida. He needed to become a man of destiny to lead Cleveland and we never saw this plan, we just responded with vitriol, jersey burning, and pointless comparisons to Michael Jordan (Please visit Bionic's official website). But now, Cleveland rises, and people remember it exist again. The beacon of hope for that poor city burns again, and people camp outside the house of the King just to get a glimpse of the prodigal son. Even JFF's hookers have come out to breathe, today, is step one in the Lebron James road to redemption. We will all be Witnesses®.

That's all of our time here at SportCenter, be sure to tune in again when we discuss Lebron's impact on the Heat, and whether or not this move will affect the NFL. Thanks for watching!
Lebron is The Boss from MGS3...

squicken

Kingwood. Ghetto border but not ghetto

Squicken lives in Katy? Mastershake downtown I believe

I grew up in Katy but live in midtown (I hate this term since it is made up/Houston doesn't have a midtown)

Couldn't pay me enough to live in the Ship Channel area. Air stinks and their are chemical plants everywhere. The tap water probably has benzene in it

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Except hasn't audi just made the even boring recently with their dominance?

Just like Mercedes and F1. Or Ford and Nascar.

e -

Ryan Shazier's FB said:
So in light of everyone's News.. The Browns are favored to Beat Pittsburgh in week one!! They Say "NLF Network" That Johnny "FootBall" Manziel Will not only beat the Steelers but light up the Scoreboard as well. What Does Steeler Nation Think? I Say That Boy Needs To Be More Focused.. Week One I got something for you Johnny!#JohnnyfootballSuxs #steelersnation #stayhumbleeatcrumbs#Steeler4Life #Clevelandsucks

This guy has a real future!

ShaneB

No, because the Seahawks are actually a thing. My NBA team does not exist.

Ok… to rephrase my hypothetical question to you.. if the Sonics were still a thing, and they had a big three, you are saying you would quit watching after these stars left and were left with the remnants.

Just saying. The twitter exodus is hilarious, but just shows people aren’t really Heat fans, but Lebron fans I suppose, and that much has always been obvious I guess.

Except hasn't audi just made the even boring recently with their dominance?

Nah man, Le Mans is so intense. Especially with Toyota and Porsche challeging Audi. Plus there are 3 other classes to spice it all up.

It's just a fantastical showcase of the technical abilities of the car makers and the drivers their skill. Especially at night.

cdyhybrid

Ok… to rephrase my hypothetical question to you.. if the Sonics were still a thing, and they had a big three, you are saying you would quit watching after these stars left and were left with the remnants.

Just saying. The twitter exodus is hilarious, but just shows people aren’t really Heat fans, but Lebron fans I suppose, and that much has always been obvious I guess.

No. I can pick and choose who I want to watch and root for because I have no horse in the race.

cdyhybrid

If a new team appears in Seattle, but you're on another teams bandwagon that's been winning chips, what will you do?

You make it sound like it's a permanent thing. I pick at the beginning of every game or playoff series who I want to win. I don't even root for a team for longer than that. I just have certain teams I like more than others.

As soon as Seattle has a team again I'll be back to "fuck everyone else", but who knows when that will be.

I think we're all BronBron fans now.

(Celtics suck balls anyway right now and aren't winning shit any time soon, so LeBron might as well win some titles for Cleveland so he can become their God).

cajunator

Banned
Nah man, Le Mans is so intense. Especially with Toyota and Porsche challeging Audi. Plus there are 3 other classes to spice it all up.

It's just a fantastical showcase of the technical abilities of the car makers and the drivers their skill. Especially at night.

I liked it better when there was a GT1 class. So many neat exotic entries such as Helem, Lister, Lotus, GT1, Morgan, Nissan R390..Fun times
Its still cool to watch just the cars arent so interesting.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You make it sound like it's a permanent thing. I pick at the beginning of every game or playoff series who I want to win. I don't even root for a team for longer than that. I just have certain teams I like more than others.

As soon as Seattle has a team again I'll be back to "fuck everyone else", but who knows when that will be.

Just checking your squicken credentials, brah.

The LMP1s are amazing, and the GT Pros bring such variety to the table every year.

Le Mans owns.

I grew up in Katy but live in midtown (I hate this term since it is made up/Houston doesn't have a midtown)

Couldn't pay me enough to live in the Ship Channel area. Air stinks and their are chemical plants everywhere. The tap water probably has benzene in it

Yeah midtown is literally a rocks throw from downtown and way far away from uptown(galleria)

shit makes no sense!

edit----

lives near "you will get shot here, too (by mexicans)" crew checking in
cry.gif

ShaneB

Hey man, it's all good. I am pretty much the same way, having grown up far away from any regional ties, its in my nature to feel like I can just spread the love around for sports teams. I just like seeing great sports and close games.

eznark

Banned

Hopefully you'll have the Bucks soon!

eznark

Banned
Bucks are tied down to MIL right? Wasn't one of the conditions of the sale that they couldn't move the Bucks?

People keep saying this and it's meaningless. The current owners can't move the team. But they are hedge fund guys. Expecting them to hold an asset that has appreciated is idiotic. I can't imagine these guys holding onto the Bucks for more than a decade.

Plus, it wasn't a "if you move we take them back" it was "if you move we CAN take them back" so if Milwaukee actually grows up and stops giving billionaires handouts, the NBA will probably push for the new owners to move them.

Bowser

A mediocre gunner who's nothing more than a 6th man at best, a colossal bust of a #1 pick, and a 1st that's surely going to be in the mid-to-late 20s? If I'm Minny I'm like "lol thx think I'll take my chances at the trade deadline."

You gotta include Wiggins to get Love.

brentech

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- More than a year after Green Bay Packers president Mark Murphy said it was "a priority" to get quarterback Aaron Rodgers a long-term contract extension, he used the same phrase to describe the plan for general manager Ted Thompson.
Ted Thompson forever.

A mediocre gunner who's nothing more than a 6th man at best, a colossal bust of a #1 pick, and a 1st that's surely going to be in the mid-to-late 20s? If I'm Minny I'm like "lol thx think I'll take my chances at the trade deadline."

You have to think Wiggins must be a part of the reason why LeBron is there

cdyhybrid

Yeah, but Khan.

Bowser

You have to think Wiggins must be a part of the reason why LeBron is there

Doubt it. Wasn't even mentioned in his letter (but Irving, Waiters, Thompson, and Varejao all got name dropped). Have to assume he's in on trading Wiggins for Love. Doubt he has any connection with Wiggins. The Cavs have gone through the charade of labeling Wiggins an SG, but he's an SF aka LeBron's position.

Yeah, but Khan.

No longer employed by the Wolves. Wolves are run and coached by Flip Saunders now.

Top Bottom